Random Terrain's Tetraternarium

Our Fart Booth Up in the Sky

Posted by Random Terrain, in TV_and_Movie_Related_Topics 22 July 2016 · 236 views

This was kind of funny. At around 2 hours and 50 minutes into it, Gwen Ifill said "our fart booth up in the sky" on PBS during day 2 of a famous 2016 convention:

youtu.be/m3VKcviL3Oo?t=2h50m14s

Random Terrain

LG Blu-Ray Player With Wi-Fi

Posted by Random Terrain, in Product_Reviews 18 April 2016 · 211 views

When I got an Amazon Fire Stick last year, I gave my Blu-Ray player to my mother since my Samsung HDTV only has two HDMI ports. My sister was becoming irritated that I couldn't watch Blu-ray movies, so I thought a good thing to do would be to buy a Blu-ray player that could also play movies and TV shows from Amazon. I could kill three birds with two HDM...

Nice HDMI Switcher With Remote Control

Posted by Random Terrain, in Product_Reviews 18 April 2016 · 103 views

My Samsung HDTV only has two HDMI ports, but I need to plug in three things, so I searched Amazon for HDMI splitters and found out that they are called switchers. The Zettaguard HDMI switcher looked like one of the best ones that Amazon had for an affordable price, so I bought it. The image below shows one switcher on top of another so you can see the fro...

View-Master Virtual Reality Is Disappointing

Posted by Random Terrain, in Product_Reviews 12 April 2016 · 179 views

I tried the View-Master Virtual Reality viewer using an iPhone 5S and the Destinations View-Master Experience Pack . I had to search through a bunch of YouTube videos just to figure out how to open the thing . After getting it set up and snapping in the phone, I was finally ready for an amazing 3D experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=V8XTpCwicwE ?...

236 Down and 23 Up (Internet)

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff, Internet_Related 05 April 2016 · 157 views

Cable guy came today and gave us a new modem/router thingy:

atariage.com/forums/topic/234635-whos-the-fastest/?p=3484452

I went from 23 down to 236 down and 2 up to 23 up.

Random Terrain

Seaweed Assault Code Is on the bB Page

Posted by Random Terrain, in Atari_2600, batari_Basic_(Atari_2600) 28 January 2016 · 244 views

It took almost 2 months, so I'm very happy to be done cleaning up the code for Seaweed Assault:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#ex_seaweed_assault

It was tedious work, but I'm glad I did it so it will be easier for me to adapt some of the code for other programs. Now it's time to get Gyvolver finished.

Dream About Video Panels Attached to Walls and Ceiling

Posted by Random Terrain, in Dreams, Personal_Stuff 23 January 2016 · 215 views

In the dream, I was viewing a video at a web site similar to YouTube. A company was pushing their new product; video panels that attach to every inch of the walls and ceiling of a room. The panels could display anything, but the company was promoting their realistic computer recreations of underwater ocean scenes to make you feel like you are standing at...

Perpetual Motion Dream

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff, Dreams 10 January 2016 · 218 views

I was walking around in the backyard of a place I lived in the dream and found a large stainless steel washer or gasket. The outside diameter was around 4 and a half inches and the inside diameter was about 4 inches. The thickness was about a half an inch. It kind of looked like one of the rings below, but it had straighter edges:

http://www.ataria...

Back to Gyvolver (Atari 2600 WIP)

Posted by Random Terrain, in Atari_2600, batari_Basic_(Atari_2600) 03 January 2016 · 352 views

I've been cleaning up the code for Seaweed Assault so I can put it on the batari Basic page and ideas about Gyvolver (the unfinished scrolling game from 2008 ) have been popping into my head. It could take the rest of January before the Seaweed Assault code is ready for people to see, so I thought I'd post this to help get Gyvolver off my brain for t...

Giant Space Creature May Be Heading for Earth

Posted by Random Terrain, in Goofy_Thoughts, Internet_Related 09 December 2015 · 360 views

Someone mentioned Google Sky , so I thought I'd check it out. I started randomly clicking and zooming in on things and found a giant space creature:

Giant Space Creature at Google Sky

Now that it knows we've seen it, the creature might arrive just in time for Christmas and swallow the entire Earth. If it doesn't have teeth, we might surv...

Glowing Sky Photos

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff 28 November 2015 · 272 views

This morning the clouds were so bright yellow, red, and pink that it made the shades glow in an interesting way, so I grabbed an iPhone and took some quick photos before it all went away. Of course, none of the images look as good as what I was seeing with my own eyes. The photo of the shades is especially disappointing. I couldn't capture the weird glo...

Personality Test: INTP-T

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff 22 November 2015 · 422 views

I stumbled upon some blog and the guy mentioned that he had an INFJ personality type according to the Briggs Meyers test, so I looked it up. I took the first free test that popped up in the search results and it claims that I'm an INTP-T :

16personalities.com/intp-personality

I did not pay for their "premium profile" and I did no...

Seaweed Assault Price Reduction

Posted by Random Terrain, in batari_Basic_(Atari_2600), Atari_2600 20 November 2015 · 236 views

For those who have been waiting for a price reduction before buying Seaweed Assault for the Atari 2600, your wait is over:

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1032

Seaweed Assault reviews: RGCD , 8-bit Central .

If enough people buy a copy, it will pay for my AtariAge subscription that expires on Decemb...

Got a Frigidaire Apartment-Size Refrigerator (FFET1022QW)

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff 27 September 2015 · 497 views

The Magic Chef refrigerator that I got about 7 years ago pretty much died . A new Frigidaire refrigerator was ordered from Home Depot on September 22, 2015 and was delivered yesterday on September 26, 2015 (Saturday) at around 10 in the morning. Here are some images from Home Depot and Frigidaire:

The freezer is a...

My Refrigerator Died

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff 16 September 2015 · 334 views

The Magic Chef refrigerator that I got in 2008 died today. It was still keeping things cold, but the defrost thermostat or the defrost timer probably stopped working right. It made a horrible noise for a couple of seconds like two horny cats fighting a rusty robot. After that happened, it kept making a loud popping or clicking noise too frequently to...

Affordable LED Lightbulbs

Posted by Random Terrain, in Useful_Info, Personal_Stuff 08 July 2015 · 473 views

Got 3 LED bulbs a couple of days ago and I like them so far. Each one was 2 dollars and something instead of 7 dollars or more, so I took a chance.

I plan to buy more over time. They seem to be brighter than normal 60 watt bulbs, but only use 9.5 watts. They also seem to be safer than curly fluorescent bulbs. They'll supposedly last 13 years, but...

Lost 89 Pounds So Far

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff 03 July 2015 · 522 views

In October of 2014 I reported that I lost 34 pounds . I hoped I would have lost a lot more by now, but I took a few breaks since then. I've only lost 89 pounds so far. I might be down to my ideal weight by 2016 if I stop taking so many breaks. Sometimes I just don't feel like eating lunch and I pay for it by not losing a pound by the next day. The good n...

Best 3 From The Acapella Project

Posted by Random Terrain, in Internet_Related, Personal_Stuff 15 June 2015 · 473 views

Even though I escaped from religion many years ago, I still like these songs. They didn't used to be on YouTube, but now they are:

youtube.com/watch?v=KLCUcUwF4oE "The Reason" by GLAD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLCUcUwF4oE

youtube.com/watch?v=n8NRD5B_sAA "A Mighty Fortress" by GLAD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8NRD5B_...

Amazon Fire TV Stick

Posted by Random Terrain, in Internet_Related, TV_and_Movie_Related_Topics 06 June 2015 · 577 views

Before the Stick

I think I got my Blu-ray player in 2012 and it was able to handle Netflix, but it doesn't recognize Amazon Instant Video. It was nice for a while, but the menu for Netflix seems to be getting slower, it keeps forgetting my viewing progress, and it doesn't automatically play the next episode of a TV show. My sister uses her PlaySt...

Sally Ride Triggers the Rapture

Posted by Random Terrain, in Goofy_Thoughts 26 May 2015 · 517 views

Sally Ride triggers the Rapture:

https://www.google.c...7990272-ror.gif

Random Terrain
__

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Latest Visitors