Random Terrain's Tetraternarium

Skyrim: Duplicating Items

Posted by Random Terrain, in Xbox 360 21 November 2014 · 69 views

I'm replaying Skyrim and I forgot how to duplicate items. I looked at a few videos and web pages, but none of them seemed to do what I was doing before. I know I got this info from some video or page online, but I might have adapted it. The good news is that my memory got refreshed. Here is my favorite way to duplicate items in case I forget again:

Able to Test batari Basic Games on a Real TV Again

Posted by Random Terrain, in Atari_2600, batari_Basic_(Atari_2600), Personal_Stuff 17 October 2014 · 174 views

After getting a smaller computer desk a couple of years ago, I no longer had room for my little color TV. I had to jump through hoops to make my Atari 2600 work with the LCD HDTV that I use with my computer and Xbox 360. It looked OK, but it wasn't the same as 'normal' TV.

My sister was getting rid of her 20 inch flat screen TV since she moved on t...

Lost 34 Pounds So Far

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff 13 October 2014 · 183 views

I went to the doctor yesterday and he said that I've lost 34 pounds since the last time I was there on May 29th. I had to make a special appointment yesterday because I had to stop taking shots and temporarily stop taking my pills for Type 2 Diabetes since my blood sugar kept dropping too low. He now has me on only one pill and I'll probably have to stop...

Was Einstein wrong? (Howell's Theory of Relativity)

Posted by Random Terrain, in Goofy_Thoughts, Useful_Info, Internet_Related 01 September 2014 · 226 views
$10000 reward?, John Howell and 5 more...
I was looking for something else and found this article that I cut out from the Greensboro News & Record newspaper. I'm guessing that it was from around 1994. When I cut out the article, I forgot to keep the top of the paper that had the date.

What happened with John Howell and his book? Did he give up? Was he proven wrong? I must be using the...

Just Had a Dream About Future 3D Printers

Posted by Random Terrain, in Dreams, Personal_Stuff 23 August 2014 · 150 views

3D Printer Dream

I was looking through the eyes of a reporter on a big set where different experts sat next to the items that they were going to talk about. For example, the expert talking about food was sitting next to a small area that was set up to look like part of a produce aisle (fresh fruits and vegetables aisle) at a grocery store. It was...

Miner Dig Deep (Xbox 360)

Posted by Random Terrain, in Xbox 360 27 July 2014 · 160 views

I stopped playing this Xbox 360 indie game a fairly long time ago when I got bored with the long elevator rides, but I recently started playing it again and got down to the bottom. I won't tell you what is down there in case you haven't played it, but I don't think it will spoil anything to let you know that you can choose to keep all of your items and...

Centerset Bathroom Faucet Installed

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff 23 July 2014 · 184 views

I've wanted to have a centerset bathroom faucet for a long time, similar to the kind my family has had in our kitchens for decades, but it was always low on the list of things to buy. Well, the faucet in my bathroom has been dripping hot water for a while, so I just got a centerset bathroom faucet installed today. No more dripping and no more knobs. I can...

$3.85 an hour at Toys "Я" Us in 1986

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff 21 June 2014 · 256 views

I was looking through some old papers and saw that I was making $3.85 an hour when I started working at Toys "Я" Us (October 30, 1986). I was one of the many people who helped get the store stocked and fixed up for the grand opening. After the store was ready for the public, I was working in the security booth with all of the video games and compute...

7800 Thoughts Are Making Me Happy

Although I've had an Atari 7800 for a long time, I didn't pay that much attention to the guts of it. I knew it could play most Atari 2600 games, but I didn't know until fairly recently that Atari 7800 games used the same sound chip as Atari 2600 games unless the POKEY sound chip is in the cart. I've heard people talk about the POKEY sound chip for years,...

DPC+ Version of ChipOff for the Atari 2600 Is Finally Done

Posted by Random Terrain, in batari_Basic_(Atari_2600) 27 May 2014 · 151 views

You can try it here:

atariage.com/forums/topic/211497-chipoff-breakout-style-example-program/?p=2739693

I should have finished it back in 2013, but I was too busy procrastinating. I got new glasses in April of 2014 and now it's much easier to concentrate. I hope this means I'll keep chugging along and get some new games made.

Early Birthday Present (Exercise Bike)

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff 18 April 2014 · 308 views

I got a Gold's Gym Cycle Trainer 290 C Upright Exercise Bike on Wednesday as an early birthday present. I put it together last night. Seems to be pretty sturdy. It's a little hard to ride, even with the seat all the way back. It must be made for people with shorter legs.

I also went to the eye doctor on Wednesday to double check my eyes without d...

I'm an Amazon associate again!

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff 28 February 2014 · 412 views

I was dropped by Amazon years ago because I live in North Carolina, but now that the fighting is over , I'm an Amazon associate again!

If you click on the link below before buying stuff from Amazon, I'll get a small percentage of the sale:

www.amazon.com/?tag=randterr-20

(Don't worry, it won't cost you more, I'll just get a percent...

5 Things You're Probably Doing Wrong In The Shower

Posted by Random Terrain, in Internet_Related, Personal_Stuff 30 January 2014 · 513 views

Check out this Huffington Post article:

5 Things You're Probably Doing Wrong In The Shower

"You're Not Using a Handheld Shower Head" should have been added to the list. I can't believe that people in civilized societies (who have extra money) are still using shower heads that stay stuck up on the wall. If you take the water where you need...

Fallout 3 Spoilers: Benefits of Blowing Up Megaton

Posted by Random Terrain, in Xbox 360 16 January 2014 · 771 views

By now anyone who wanted to play Fallout 3 probably has, but just in case, don't read this if you haven't played and hate spoilers.

I've played through the main missions around 4 times now. I kept replaying to see what would happen when making different choices. This time I decided to blow up Megaton and live in the nicer Tenpenny Tower suite for...

I Love Useful Videos on the Internet

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff, Xbox 360, Internet_Related 15 January 2014 · 295 views

Seems like there is a video on the Internet to help with almost anything you can think of. Around a week ago, I used this video to help me replace a bathroom fan:

youtube.com/watch?v=1UIwFGfAEuc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UIwFGfAEuc

Over a year ago, the controller that came with my Xbox 360 developed a squeaky trigger and...

Netflix Has Improved

Posted by Random Terrain, in Personal_Stuff, TV_and_Movie_Related_Topics, Internet_Related 09 December 2013 · 382 views

I had Netflix 4 or 5 years ago and things have improved since then. The player in the browser on my PC seems to be a lot more professional and user-friendly than it used to be. I also have a different setup than I had back then, so I'm not just limited to using a PC.

I wirelessly connected my Blu-ray player to the Internet tonight with the little U...

Seaweed Assault is in the AtariAge Store

Posted by Random Terrain, in Atari_2600, batari_Basic_(Atari_2600) 28 October 2013 · 480 views

Here's a link to the store page:

atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1028

Here's a link to a review of the game:

rgcd.co.uk/2011/11/seaweed-assault-atari-2600.html

I hope this won't be the first and last game of mine to get into the AtariAge store. I'd like to make more games, including a semi-...

Secret Area in Iron Brigade - Survival: Settlement

Posted by Random Terrain, in Xbox 360 20 September 2013 · 691 views

Is this considered a glitch, a secret area, or a hidden area? Whatever it's called, the video below that I made last night using a crappy video capture card shows how you can get up on the hill that surrounds a lot of the playfield in the Survival: Settlement mission on Mars. I get up on the hill multiple times in this video to show that it can be done an...

I'm Getting Really Tired of Working on My Web Site

Posted by Random Terrain, in batari_Basic_(Atari_2600), RandomTerrain.com 30 May 2013 · 602 views

Seems like links and YouTube videos go dead faster than you can blink. You have to check videos by hand and links by hand too since link checkers suck at telling you when a link redirects to a new page.Then there's the Google problem. Google tells web site owners to be natural and that you shouldn't make your pages for them, but then they contradi...

How to Get Rid of the "Use Your Real Name" YouTube Popup

Posted by Random Terrain, in Internet_Related 14 May 2013 · 3,874 views

Sometimes that irritating popup has a link that will let you close it, but most of the time it's not there. If you're sick of that thing popping up almost every time you go to watch a video, all you need is the Firefox add-on Adblock Plus   and the filter below. If you don't already have Adblock Plus, add it to Firefox, then add this custom fi...

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Latest Visitors