SpiceWare's Blog

Explosions

Posted by SpiceWare, in Draconian 23 April 2014 · 32 views

preliminary explosion sequence
asteroids, mines and enemy ships are deadly to touch
station shots are deadly
Player Lost a Life routine
added a buffer space around the ships spawn point so asteroids/mines aren't placed next, or even on, the ship.

Collision routines don't support quad sized sprites yet, so flying thru a station won't kill you (their sho...

115 Channels, HBO on Amazon Prime

Posted by SpiceWare, in DVR Project 23 April 2014 · 51 views

COZI moved, which was slightly aggravating as I've been recording The Avengers on it.

COZI's now on channel 47.3, but the TV Guide still has it on 57.5. Wonder if TV Guide will ever get updated - Retro TV's changed twice, first from 34.2 to 34.3 back in December 2012  (my comment about RTV from the 4th),...

He shoots*, he scores

Posted by SpiceWare, in Draconian 19 April 2014 · 115 views

* but only asteroids and mines.

Collision handling's going to be a bit different for Draconian as it's not feasible to check against all 150 sprites.  One handy thing I can take advantage of is how the asteroids and mines are positioned. The screen's divided into horizontal bands that are 32 pixels tall. 4 stationary objects (combination of as...

TV Type option

Posted by SpiceWare, in Draconian 17 April 2014 · 105 views

I migrated the color conversion routines from Timmy! so you can now select your TV Type of NTSC, PAL or SECAM from the menu.  Because of the limited menu space, due to that snazzy logo up there, I did not copy over the RED/GREEN/BLUE menu entry - so use the green station in the logo to confirm your selection.

You can use Stella to try out the...

Cartridge RAM Completed

Posted by SpiceWare, in Stella 16 April 2014 · 65 views

This evening I finished the new Cartridge RAM Tab for Stella and have submitted the changes to stephena.  

Examples:

The Cartridge RAM Tab only shows up if the cartridge contains extra RAM:

Now that this is finished I'll be resuming work on Frantic and Draconian.

Cartridge RAM Progress

Posted by SpiceWare, in Stella 10 April 2014 · 156 views

It's been about a month since I last looked at Stella, so last night I started off by reviewing the changes I'd made so far.

I then started to work on implementing the 5 buttons to the right of the Cartridge RAM Grid.  Undo , Revert  and Reset  buttons appear to be working.  Search  and Compare  are...

96 pixels with 2 colors

Posted by SpiceWare, in Draconian 05 April 2014 · 322 views

The inspiration came from Chris' Star Castle logo .  There's a couple minor differences due to the extra processing time that using DPC+ provides.
The logo is centered instead of being slightly offset to the left.
Instead of using VLBANK, I'm using SCORE mode to change the playfield pixels from green to black to hide the right and left edges...

Some love for Frantic

Posted by SpiceWare, in Frantic 04 April 2014 · 159 views

Been about a month since the last update for Frantic so I thought I'd spend some time on it.
Trying out Maze Type as the default selected option.  Not a fan, already changed back to Start for next build.
Added Diagnostic support like in Draconian, no longer need to create special diagnostic builds.
Noticed that the ARM routines were not using the au...

Thanks Richard!

Posted by SpiceWare, in Vectrex 02 April 2014 · 140 views

For my work on porting MenuMaker to the Mac, Richard H. sent me one of his 3D printed cartridge shells for my VecMulti.  

March Savings

Posted by SpiceWare, in DVR Project 01 April 2014 · 141 views

Another month with no new content* so saved $151 in March for a cumulative savings of $1792.

I did have to buy a new Thunderbolt cable though, the one that came with the Drobo had a short . [s]That puts the hardware total at $2978, so the balance remaining is now $1186.  Should have included the DVD Superdrive - revised hardware total is $30...

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users