- Added preliminary title music.
- Reorganized bank data. All kernels will now live in bank 2. Bank 1 contains the VBlank and Overscan.
- Changed cannon graphics. Uses lower vertical resolution. Cannon is larger. Now has 16 rotational animation positions instead of 8.
- Added Title Screen mode. Press the fire button to begin the game.
- Added Title graphics.
- Rewrite the kernel to squeeze out more cycles and allow for some extra features.
- Design the Stellar Fortress destruction animation.
- Targeting computer for missiles.
- Add starting level selection and gradual difficulty increase per level.
- There seems to be a glitch in the title music. It misses a beat every few seconds. Gonna have to figure that out.
- The mapping for player shot collisions with the fortress shield are still off by a couple pixels.
- The final game will not have the fortress cannon shooting all the time (at least, not on most of the lower levels...) I need to implement a feature that will detect when a hole has been poked in the shield so the cannon can fire out.
I broke a lot of game features when I moved the banks around and added the title mode. Most of the work I did for the last 3 months was cleaning up everything that was broken. But the original functionality is back, and the reorganization will make future development cleaner.
I also beefed up my copyright notice, so none of my games will get Hozed. For clarification, the games that I post in this blog are not open source, nor are they public domain. I will retain all copyrights. People are welcome to look through the code for ideas, and can reuse individual subroutines if they find them useful. But I don't want any of these games placed on a ROM cartridge or CD without my permission first.