- Enemy targeting logic in place, tied into difficulty level and enemy type (Saucer is the larger enemy, UFO smaller). If the accuracy value (in list below) is greater than a random number (0-63) then the enemy shoots at the ship, otherwise it selects a random direction. Looking at the list, a UFO on normal should shoot towards the ship 25% of the time
Saucer UFO Accuracy/64 kids 0 0 0 0 easy 4 8 6.25% 12.50% normal 8 16 12.50% 25.00% hard 12 24 18.75% 37.50%
- There's now 32 shot directions for the enemy instead of 16.
- For testing, set Right Difficulty to A to have enemy always shoot at the ship.
- Revised the UFO appearance to be based on the difficulty level (it would previously show up after 7,000 points):
- Kids - appears after 50,000
- Easy - appears after 25,000
- Normal - appears after 10,000
- Hard - appears after 5,000
- updated menu colors
- fixed ball to be white again so shots are more visible (it was back to black after the revised two-color 48 pixel kernel routine).
- RevEng likes this