- New saucer and UFO graphics
- new medium asteroids using 24 frames of rotation (so it matches the large asteroids)
- Ships accelerate faster than before
- Ships have more inertia
- speed of asteroids increased. The prior sixteen speeds were 3 -> 9 in steps of .4, they're now 5 -> 11 in steps of .4
- rebuilt the shot offset tables so shots now start at the ship's nose instead of in the middle of the ship
- revised the vertical wrap-around logic. Before all objects would wrap using an offscreen zone size of 32. This was so the large asteroids would fully move offscreen before showing up on the other size. Now they wrap based on the size of the object
- 32 = large asteroids
- 16 = medium asteroids, ships
- 8 = small asteroids, UFO
- Right Difficulty = A unlimited lives. The remaining lives digits will be used to display the current level number in hex, as shown in the screenshots below. Computers start counting at 0, so the first level is 00. This was added for performance testing on the Harmony1 to make sure I'm not running out of processing time in later levels.
Level 11 (hex 0A + 1)
Level 16 (hex 0F + 1)
Level 17 (hex 10 + 1)
ROMs for Harmony or Stella 3.7.1 or later
1 Performance testing must be done on the Harmony because Stella doesn't emulation ARM cycle time.
Performance testing looks good so far.
Rubber bands so I can do other things during the test.