Now it's the Odyssey 2's turn
I had been meaning to do this for some time. I woke up at 3 a.m. to discover my computer was installing updates. So when that was done, I went back to work on my new Odyssey 2 game I am making. I am porting my MidSpace game I made for Game Boy to the Odyssey 2. I tried it with batariBasic, but it just didn't feel right. That, and I already have a project that uses that I'm working on (White Water Madness). So I thought to myself, "I needed an Odyssey 2 project." And this seems like a perfect fit.
But testing the thing brought up all kinds of hardships. First, I had to go in the garage and get the Odyssey 2. Then I had to find the C7050 cart. Then, the hardest part was finding one of the cords that went from the computer to the cartridge. That took about at least an hour of sifting through cords in my room. While I was doing it though, I discovered I could put away 4 (!) consoles I'm not using at the moment. But I finally found it and tested it.
Then I remembered that characters can't collide. I had put stars in the background as characters, and the missile was also a character. So I had to change the projectile from a character to a sprite. More programming happened, and about a half-hour later, I tried it again on the real console. Success this time! (Although what should be black is dark gray on this particular Odyssey 2.) I now have a working Odyssey 2 and two broken ones. The left joystick on the working one is all screwy though. Perhaps I should take it apart and see if I can fix it.
- Keatah likes this