Well, someone was kind enough to sort through my gobbledegook code and figure out the problem. Someone else tested it and said it works. So now the octopus is back in the game. I'd like to thank the both of them, since I'm not too keen on spending about $100 on testing Odyssey2 games on real hardware since I don't really have any more ideas for games I could make on the Odyssey2 at the moment. So anyway, that's apparently all taken care of so I can start working on the code again. In the meantime, I've started up work again on the 50-foot-tall stalk of celery game. Dormant since last December, I decided to give it a go again now that I can test 2600 games on real hardware. A bunch of fixing and tweaking later (I spent probably about 4 hours on the thing with going back and forth a dozen times erasing and putting on the newer versions on an SD card) I got it so it doesn't shake very much when playing on real hardware. It doesn't shake at all in Stella, that and the octopus debacle leaves me wondering why emulator programmers can't get their emulators to emulate more accurately. Don't get me wrong, Stella is a great tool for homebrewers and an excellent emulator, and so is O2EM, but I'm just wondering.