So, I've gone and completed the second phase of my shooting system overhaul.
This time I've made some changes to the aiming system. These changes are entirely cosmetic, but make placing your shots much easier.
In this shot, you can see that there is now a little scale in front of the aim arrow to give you some points of reference apart from the center line. I've also added a distant aiming line on the top display. The arrow on this line shows you approximately where you are aiming far down the sheet.
This fairly simple change is pretty awesome, especially in combination with the new weight system I discussed in my last entry.
The last phase to fix is the curl application, and this aspect of the game is going to become significantly simpler.