Jump to content





Bit of progress

Posted by mksmith, in Tower of Rubble 04 January 2019 · 84 views

So after a few more days of work i've now got a new titlescreen with some scrolling text and flashing colors (bank6 now full!), a more varied and colored tileset (still not sure of the colors yet) and the first beam/lazer?? dropping blocks.  I've had to re-arrange stuff and play around to try and get access to certain things across a couple of banks.  The main loop is in bank2 and I now have the player code in bank3 and the enemy stuff in bank4.  Hoping this will work ok on a real machine but until I get a Harmony cart (or release a build soon) for some testing I can only keep my fingers crossed. 
 
I've converted some tile and data bank code into Macros which work quite well across various banks - except when you need to draw tiles!! I've setup a data bank to store some variables to check back in bank2 whether I need to drop a block.  I have the requirement to draw the initial map and drop tiles but these are in different banks currently - hopefully I can fit it all into one eventually.
 
I have a couple of way of dying now but need to get the game over process sorted next and tidy up a little bug in the player jumping.  Once this is done I might release a build - hopefully some time in the next week or two. Reasonably happy with progress though.
 
Attached Image Attached Image






January 2019

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516 17 1819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Recent Entries