Blogs

More work on Golf

Posted by atari2600land in atari2600land's Blog, 22 May 2019 · 24 views

So I worked on Golf last night and today some more. The title screen now looks like this:

I learned that MESS widens the TV screen and I needed to make the screenshot 800x600 to see how it would look on a real TV. Went to sleep and got up at 2PM again. Noticed carlsson was having trouble with diagonal movements, so I looked in the code to see how I was...

Fallout Demo Completed

Posted by Serguei2 in Robin Gravel's Blog, 22 May 2019 · 23 views

I managed to reach to the end of Fallout Demo without to be killed.

Verdict: poor mechanism gameplay.

Cruis'in Twitter - Bubsy defeats Oinker ! - May 2019

Posted by doctorclu in Bubsy Bobcat Fan Blog, 22 May 2019 · 54 views
Bubsy Bobcat, Paws on Fire

Cruis'in Twitter - Bubsy defeats Oinker ! - May 2019 SpongeFox finished the game a few days ago (I was amazed) and after about three nights of solid play for hours I was able to collect the 75 hero tokens needed to take on Oinker, the third baws (boss).  

At the moment I love playing the Bubsy, Woolie, and Arnold levels with Virgil levels seeming very laborious.  I HATE the pick ups...

Great success: The Adventure Continues

Posted by Mike Harris in Mike Harris' Blog, 21 May 2019 · 143 views
Adventure

Worked half the night to implement new features...More of a push to be accurate to the original.

Tons of progress, next release will have more but that is not the exciting news.

Came up with an almost automated way of transferring my game for use in my VDD and here are the new pictures on real, physical hardware.

I performed a test ru...

Marauder (Tigervision)

Posted by DoctorSpuds in DoctorSpuds Reviews Things, 21 May 2019 · 52 views

Marauder (Tigervision) I think we can all agree that Tigervision was an all around okay company, they published some pretty excellent games like Polaris and Jawbreaker, but they also had a few stinkers as well. But apart from their incredibly rare and expensive games and their incredibly terrible games there were a few in the middle that just seem to get no attention whatsoever...

Temporary title

Posted by Nathan Strum in (Insert stupid Blog name here), 20 May 2019 · 112 views
Animation

In case you're wondering.... I started writing this a couple of weeks ago under the title: "Temporary title". I got used to it, and don't feel like coming up with something else.  :roll: 

Every year around this time, for the past... well, it's been awhile, and I'm too lazy to look through my old blog posts... we'll just say several years,...

Retro Hunting - N64 Games!

Posted by MegaManFan in MegaManFan's Blog, 20 May 2019 · 24 views
Nintendo 64, Doom, Doom 64 and 3 more...

I'm over 80% of the way to a complete set!

S.O.P. Track 8 - Prelude and Fugue No2 in C Minor

Posted by k-Pack in Switched on POKEY, 18 May 2019 · 131 views
Bach, midi, SOP

Seems the simpler the program the more I like the result.

Atari MUS and OBJ files

NOTES:
Music File origin:    PANDF2R.MUS

I'm Fully Back On Youtube, Reviewing Draconian

Posted by cessnaace in cessnaace's Blog, 17 May 2019 · 30 views
Draconian, SpiceWare and 3 more...

Well, I'm fully back, with a new Web Cam and a Blue Snowball ICE Microphone. I decided to cover Draconian, and the extra bit I found from Al in the box.

5200 baby !

Posted by Omegasupreme in Omegasupreme's Blog, 17 May 2019 · 29 views
5200 repro parts syetem contr

5200 baby ! got a great deal today. Finally replaced my 5200. Got one in Box 2 controllers. was sold as broken I took it home and cleaned it good removed some oxidation from mother board and it works great. One of the controllers works the other may need a new board but all look nice needs a back door cover. all this for $70. The box is in great shape system is clean...

Net Metering Active!

Posted by SpiceWare in SpiceWare's Blog, 17 May 2019 · 59 views

Received my electric bill for April 15 thru May 15:

At 9am this morning my meter showed 293 kWh total of excess solar production had been sent since turning on my panels .  The bill shows I was credited for 254 kWh thru the 15th, so it appears they've credited me for most, if not all, of the excess solar.    
L...

My collection has increased!

Posted by AtariAdventure in AtariAdventure's Blog, 13 May 2019 · 40 views

Hello everyone, AtariAddenture here.

I'm finally back, and senior year is just a few days from ceasing and graduation is on Saturday. It has been awhile since I have been on here and I wanted to update you all on my personal collection! I'm up to 64 games excluding doubles of Haunted House (3), and Asteroids (2). I bought a few lots of of friends....

Astro Grover - Atari 5200

Posted by Marc Oberhäuser in Marc Oberhäuser's Blog, 11 May 2019 · 129 views

This is the box for the unreleased game Astro Grover for the Atari 5200. The front art and texts are from the CBS release for the Atari 8bit series.

Finally, I'm Playing MIDI Notes using MAC/65 Assembler Code

Posted by k-Pack in Out of the Pack, 08 May 2019 · 46 views
MIDI, Arduino

Do you remember me mentioning that the first attempt to write a machine language program to  read MIDI data delivered to the Atari joystick port was a complete failure?  The Arduino hardware has remained the same. The joystick trigger and cassette motor control(CMC) pin on the SIO port are still being used to control data flow.  But this ti...

What is the value of a $40 power supply?

Posted by OLD CS1 in OLD CS1's Blog, 06 May 2019 · 76 views

What is the value of a $40 power supply? What is the value of a $40 power supply? To the guy who built it, that may be $20 in parts and some labor, plus the time to research the necessary parts and the recognition of the need for the product in the first place.  What about when he ships out the wrong power supply and then exchanges it, but through an eBay quirk the buyer winds up not paying...

Got a new computer from Best Buy (2019)

Posted by Random Terrain in Random Terrain's Tetraternarium, 03 May 2019 · 152 views

After my Windows 7 computer died in March of 2015, I got a Hewlett-Packard Windows 8.1 computer from Walmart:

atariage.com/forums/topic/236241-array0-degraded-intel-rapid-storage-technology/

[HP Pavilion  500-223w Desktop PC with Intel Core i3-4130 Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 8.1]

Avast screwed u...

Yellow and Orange bezel colors explained

Posted by Skwrl63 in Skwrl63's Blog, 03 May 2019 · 192 views

There seems to be a lot of discussions about bezel colors when referencing both the Heavy Sixer and Light Sixer. I have spent about a year researching this on the interwebs. combing through many discussion forums, and studying many photos and my own personal collection, I think I have finally have a answer. The quick answer is.....every six switch ma...

Kull Extended BASIC II TI-99 XB extensions

Posted by hloberg in HLO projects, 01 May 2019 · 181 views
ti-99/4a, ti-99, Peter Kull and 5 more...

A few years ago I came across this disk of extensions to XB and was intrigued. It had nice high resolution capabilities and some interesting clock functions. I initially did some research and found it was released by Peter Kull in Germany in the 80s and that he has since disappeared from the TI99 scene. Not much more was known about it.
Well, life happene...

YouTube can fucking burn in hell.

Posted by Dragon Princess Yushira in DPYushira's Entertainment Blog, 01 May 2019 · 125 views

Just found out from my oldest sister that YouTube had terminated the PurrfectTrio account and it all started with a bogus copyright claim for a song that had nothing to do with Korea whatsoever. The so called copyrighted song translates to F World (instrumental) where the video in question (177 for PC88) had no music. To make things even more fucked up, t...

9 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)

2 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1), +CaptainBreakout, Cybergoth