All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Is your friend gonna join up? If not, tell him we don't believe him.... 😃
  3. Yep I have all of that Gravis stuff. The pnp version of the gravis card has a different chipset than the earlier cards and has its own drivers, including a version of a soundblaster emulator "SBOS", which has a very different (and usually worse) sound compared to other soundcards (hence why I have also put a generic soundblaster in the machine). For most other games, I can use either my soundblaster or the gravis, its just this game where I can have sound or music but not both. Using the gravis soundblaster emulation doesn't work either. I have at least 50 other games on this pc and don't have this either/or audio issue with any of them
  4. Ghosts (0-1) at River Raiders (0-2) starting now!
  5. I’ll start changing out IC’s to see if there is an offending chip giving the board angst.
  6. The one board I bought populated. This one is a bare board project and I’ve built it over the past 6 months - ran into this snag on the configuration as it still won’t just behave in either of my systems.
  7. I really hope they fix the cover by the time the regular version ships, but I am not hopeful about it. Turns out these records are most likely already pressed, since Atari released a limited number of them to record stores for Record Store Day last Saturday. I haven't seen one to check the accuracy of the track list, but all the promotional material is a mess of bad capitalization and spelling. Getting this for VCTR-SCTR "Vector Sector" as that track rips.
  8. I've has ZERO luck with any laser disk games. Especially since I am DYING to play Konami Badlands again! I tried multiple times in different ways, with no success.
  9. @Shaggy the Atarian Any update on the coin / credits fix? Wondering if you'll be able to get a "real" test this coming weekend.
  10. Oh well - I would have ordered both a 1400XL and a 1450XLD badge just to have in the event I was able to acquire either machine sometime in the future.
  11. Yeah these days I wouldn't buy anything if I couldn't easily return it. I've actually had pretty good luck and off the top of my head, I don't think I've returned too much, but I always want the option.
  12. I'd change out every IC, one at a time, excluding the meory IC's. You may find one is bad and have it narrowed to that one. Did you build these recently? I've built three, One over 20 years ago, 2 about 2 years ago.
  13. Neat game from a neat genre of games. Was one of the first type-ins I ever did. 🍿
  14. I bet he can't accept that they failed their testing. It has nothing to do with not submitting anything. He was impressed by how much they raised and got mad when anyone made fun as to how they couldn't do things like spell their company name correctly. He's mad because he thought Tommy was going to bring back his childhood while being buds with Swami and such and enjoyed people like me being attacked. I'm sure he's uber upset that everything he believed in was wrong. Brainwashed cultists take time to start seeing clearly. There can be a lot of guilt and denial. The sociology and psychology of it is quite interesting. In fact I bet he responds to this to say they said they passed preliminary tests which doesn't mean anything because it's an all or none passing your certs with FCC. So when that person said they passed preliminary tests, all they were really saying is that we sucked at our job and still couldn't pass FCC certs despite what we thought we were doing. Maybe instead of strapping controllers to the head of a horse, they should have prioritized not being a bunch of impotent scammers taking advantage of idiots and brainwashing them.
  15. I thought of that last night after posting these pictures, but even after changing it, it is still not working. Will try restartingthe IDE later today and see if that makes a differeence.
  16. Lucky for you yours will have a hokey in it…meanwhile my concerto I purchased 2 years ago sits empty without the ability to buy one…
  17. I also noticed this yesterday in my ROMS, especially in folders several deep. The folder structure would show up, but the folders empty.
  18. If you came up with a programming language like that, you would be a VERY wealthy man!
  19. @TampaBay It's also certainly possible that the 8bitdo stick actually is an improvement, and like you mentioned, getting it from a place like Amazon that allow for easy returns is a good option.
  20. THANK YOU for your responses! The game I am re-writing is a game called Goblin, which originally appeared in COMPUTE! magazine. Thankfully, I learned Pascal (Borland Turbo) in college, so that part is pretty straightforward. It's the TMS9900 assembly integration that I am looking forward to learning as that was WELL above my head when I was 12! :-) Again, THANK YOU!
  21. Absolutely. 👍👍 You make an excellent point that I didn't take into account. I've never used the Dreamcast Arcade Stick so I have no frame of reference to compare it to one of the $50 - $100 sticks like the 8Bitdo. Good call on your part. I just assumed, without any basis for it, that it was kind of garbage and that just about anything would be an improvement. Yeah if the DC stick is halfway decent, then it might not be worth it at all to spend say $75 on something that might barely provide just marginal improvement. Like I mentioned, I wanted a 6 button stick to play fighting games as I wasn't doing too well using a standard controller and I'm used to the six button layout, and I didn't already have something. So yeah, that's the key. He may do better sticking with the DC, going higher-end, or trying the M30.
  22. Almost every antivirus vendor has a method of reporting suspected false-positives, either via the program GUI or a website. I recommend people like us familiarize ourselves with the process as this is going to get worse before it gets better, especially for unsigned software.
  23. Today
  24. Think I forgot to commit those lvds ip
  1. Load more activity