All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Exactly! Gives it that classic look! I still have all of my original carts so the wear on them is from my playing. Kind of nostalgic. Some I’ve relabeled because they didn’t hold up well.
  3. Probably a power-up mode where she can fly around and shoot as the Yar insect-something for a period. I really think Atari needs games that hits broader audiences, as some of the things they’ve released of modern originals may cater a little too much to ‘mostly specially interested’ or ‘already Atari-super fan that buys anything new from Atari anyway’. By all means some of it had potential, but seeing Atari really hit a much broader crowd (with games made after 2020), seems still to have to happen. Cannot be too wierd, cannot be too generic. Cannot cost too much. Tough line to balance.
  4. Nobody wants to be the first one to ask a dumb question.......🤣
  5. Photo of my "F" card, in case it is of any value. I had it out to test an updated routine. Hopefully, you'll find a simple solution.
  6. I picked one up at the Midwest Gaming Classic, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
  7. I was the user who sent the PM to RocketFan asking about the Pico games on the flashback 9. I did a little bit more investigating. I tried JETPACK, CENTIPEDE, and AMIDAR. All 3 of these games played fine. I was able to exit by pressing the MENU button ( the left most on the front of the joystick ) However, when I tried some other games... for example PICO FROGGER and SPACE INVADERS ... I cannot exit. I press MENU button but it does not exit. In fact, when I first choose either game ( PICO FROGGER or SPACE INVADERS ) a message comes up before gameplay that says that the START, SELECT, and REWIND features are not compatible with this game Could it be that the MENU button is not compatible either?
  8. The only ones that come to mind are Glover (Piko 4) Centipede, Crystal Castles, Liberator, Millipede, Missile Command, Night Driver, Pong, Super Breakout, and Warlords (Atari Arcade 1) Just goes to show what an absolutely stupid idea it was to release that Atari Arcade cart in the state they did. Most of those games are completely unplayable.
  9. RIP Dickey Betts. Incredible song writer, great guitarist and a HUGE influence. The Allman Brothers Band is my all-time favorite band. Rest in peace to one of the last Brothers (Jaimoe is the only original member left).

10. yes MDOS 7.42. I'm making progress with the older SCS2SD adapter. stay tuned.
  11. I really hope it doesn't suck. I thought Covenant was terrible. I'm not getting my hopes up this time.
  12. JFYI to anyone else who may be interested in discussions of DOS, DOS games, vintage PC hardware, etc. I have made a club for those kinds of topics. https://forums.atariage.com/forum/434-dos-discussion/
  13. Oh God, you’re gonna summon HIM from the depths. He’ll rise up to remind us what some scumbag said on a dischord chat 4 years ago.
  14. JFYI I have made a club for this: https://forums.atariage.com/forum/434-dos-discussion/
  15. Hahah... sorry, that was both a serious and sarcastic response at the same time. Really... I'd only replace a label if it's really trashed. But I can't imagine that anyone would be upset (or that you shoudl be concerned) if you're replacing it with a nice quality replacement. I've become like you, as a collector. I do still have all those games in the picture above (and they're still wrapped), but I intend to take them out and actually just enjoy the games. I'm not concerned with "collecting" anymore. I sold off a lot of the stuff I have, and now just keep the things I think I'll actually play. But to each their own, and I'm not judging... it's just for me, my priorities changed and I just don't have the space. But my 2600 games, I'll never get rid of. That's my childhood!
  16. The Geneve OS's PDMA detection might be confused. You can try a SCSI v1.5 EPROM to see what happens. MDOS 7.4x, right? I don't remember if Fred's latest DM2K will work via EXEC or EXEC /r or GPL with the rompage option. Can give that a try.
  17. PDMA is on, turning it OFF has not effect, still the same issue. I have even tried the older SCSI2SD unit we all purchased some years back. Set it all up and same thing. I should add that I can go into Freds DU2K via EXEC DU2K and it sees it all and I can format/initialize from the Geneve.
  18. Looking forward to playing it on ZPH tomorrow! 🙂 You'll be able to watch in the YouTube archives after it streams live, enjoy Florida! - James
  19. type PDMA at the command line. If ON, try "PDMA OFF" If OFF, try "PDMA ON"
  20. Thanks for the tips, I'm so rusty playing it 😂
  21. Here are some new(reproduction buttons and decals) and a new Tempest 2000 embroidered patch: Buttons $2 Refractor button $4 (badass) decals $1 Tempest 2000 patch $6
  22. Today
  23. Pretty sure someone said that someone said that they heard that someone told someone else that they got them, they just haven't submitted the paperwork yet or something silly like that. But they're as good as got.
  24. Yesterday
  25. I think this is one of my best ever. I can't wait to go view it on the 20" PVM. 53 Colours Stephen_BlueButterfly.xex
  26. How many you think we'll end up with? I'm the opposite... I'm interested based on the developer's history, and think it looks like it'll be a solid game, but the "Yars" title doesn't add anything for me. I loved the original game, of course, but this seems pretty far from it. Looks like she may play a "Yars game" as for a mini game or something. Which could be funny... imagine having to play some iteration of your race's traumatizing war experience just to open a door or something. Like they haven't figured out lock + key yet?
  27. Wow, those m network carts look amazing with label art. Never thought of that, but they do have plenty of space for such labels, and look great. Yeah I was thinking mostly of actiplaque, which is mostly an Activision thing, though missing ends on atari first party are common, some of mine have wear marks from fingers or thumbs touching the label while inserting or removing. Never been to concerned with standard wear, as long as it doesn't look bad. Part of the charm for physical media is you can visibly see the love, so to speak. Those relabeled Activision look great btw, day one freshness you probably wouldn't even get opening a brand new nos game today even.
  1. Load more activity