All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. OK Here's my update! My theory on overtightened screws WAS indeed correct! Loosening the two screws I achieved a usable joystick, left is now very reliable, right, which was previously almost always down is now... good... not perfect. Now perhaps some things will shift a little now they have been loosened, maybe it will improve, we will see. I am disappointed I needed to do this and it is still not perfect either. I think the issue rears it’s head when I grip the stick firmer and push harder with the stick, if you have a very light touch you may be OK with a dodgy stick and never notice, but I have played how I have played with a CX40 since the early 80s so I wont be changing this easily. Also, other sticks like the original CX40, the CX40+ and the Flashback CX40’s don't give me this trouble so buyers beware if you have a manly grip!
  3. I added a couple of things: i) sidmax eagle schematic ii) The final .brd file I found for pokeymax v3 iii) Digimax. Just an FPGA + level converters. I made it to take to SillyVenture 2018 with my 600XL with all custom chips replaced. I got gtia and the 6502 working then, but had issues with the HALT timing on antic. @ijor also used it for his prototype of a decap based antic + gtia.
  4. Honestly for me there were a handful of games that kept me coming back around to it over a period of 20ish years, twice owning the hardware too. It was going lean due to time and other stuff I iced it out, outside of having the ROM support off the GG (and Gen) everdrives. In no real particular order though would be stuff I actually owned like Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, Aerial Assault, its port of Ys, Ghouls n Ghosts, Phantasy Star, both downgrades of the duos of Sonic1+2 and Streets of Rage 1+2, Golden Axe Warrior, and Wonderboy III
  5. The CXSTICK is not the same as the CX Stick on the Atari2600 Plus, thats made the way its meant to be, it has more movement when you move the stick, THECSSTICK is more stiff, my original Atari Joystick is not stiff. Weird why RGL have so much problems with designing joysticks, its amazing, all they need to do is copy PLAION's Atari Joystick not that hard considering they make the hardware for them but only to RGL specs, they make a 3D model of the product first, thats what you see first in videos and in pictures.
  6. It was super fun to own the thing until I found that getting the games became and ever increasing toxic pit of stupidity. When I saw it would cost me some NES level style prices to get the more decent stuff I checked out as classic segmented LCD style games are NOT worth that price nostalgia or not.
  7. LOL, so they probably downloaded the games from Atarimania 🤣 By the way, I found a simple solution for the bad responses of the CXJoystick that worked for me. More about that here:
  8. Hah color...finger... it's him. Either way it's not the only Disney/Capcom had no hand in, Pinocchio is another.
  9. Consumer electronics is in a sorry state...all these formerly great companies (Bose, Nak, etc) now basically made headphones, soundbars and BT speakers.  Like we need more of those! 

10. Released 3/29/24: Cash Cow DX $5.99 The latest arcade game release from the makers of Donut Dodo! Pixel Games SARL-S' Cash Cow DX looks to be a bit like original Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog with a Donut Dodo-familiar art style. Supposed to be super tough!
  11. A similar system survived into a future timeline. running man teletex.mp4
  12. I am currently on the experimental firmware, and have not experienced this noise.
  13. in case anyone doesn't see my edit above: Scratch that, it seems like it is the disk image -- those graphic glitches show up in Altirra also. So Atarimania has some duff images of the game, and that's likely where they were sourced from, at a guess. As someone who's involved in this sort of thing for the day job, I can speak from experience that a lot of licensors are more than happy to license out the rights to their games despite the fact they, themselves, have absolutely no archive of the software in question themselves. That leaves projects like this with no option but to source their own images from the Internet -- and that, of course, leads to mistakes like this where seemingly working images (i.e. they boot!) have issues. Should have probably been caught by QA though.
  14. Ah, I see, you found a working version. Just to make it clear for everyone. This pic was taken using the same atr, I used before, but I started a 3 player game to be sure emulation is fine...
  15. This sound very promising. I'll give this a shot later today.
  16. 48K - havent had time to pull it out for a test with it being powered.
  17. Ah, fantastic news! OK... there may be a last minute reprieve here, I had litterally just packed it all away in the box, even put the clear bag that it came in over it too. If I get a second (some family stuff on here soon) then I may try this.
  18. Just adding my experience to the overall survey: have had no problems with my pack-in stick.
  19. Thank you that worked! I had forgot to enable SDX. I tested Crypt of the Undead with the [BASIC] tag and it loaded right up. Did a peek with BASIC and it is indeed REV A. Thank you for all your help! Were there any games that required BASIC C? I can't imagine there were, but I've never looked into it. Maybe some utilities?
  20. @1050 Thanks a lot, I've set the spring tension to the lightest level, it seems to have gotten much better. And interesting story about the Bic pens! 🙂
  21. If you need anything for this, reach out. Happy to help.
  22. Given that Donut Dodo is one of the best arcade games released in the past 20 years I am instantly in on this one.
  23. Well, you have given an excellent suggestion! 😁 I have loosened the 2 screws that holds the PCB a tiny bit, so the rubber parts have slightly more room and now my joystick functions a lot better! I just played Bruce Lee and when I am running left or right I am not getting down anymore. Diagonals still work fine and the joystick is less stiff. Now the joystick plays a lot better! Loosen up the two silver screws a tiny bit. By the way, the rubber feet are very sticky, so I was able to reattach them perfectly.
  24. Nice work Garfield. They look great.... Oh wait!! :D

This comic makes little sense : r/garfield

1. Serguei2

Serguei2

Garfield is smart.

1. Load more activity