All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @LarryFromBuffalo Here's GCHAR included in a compiled unit called GRAPHCHAR in the GRAPHICS library. As you can see below you don't need to know how the unit itself works, just how to use it. Just make sure that you have a file called USERLIB.TEXT on your default drive which contains the name of the library, GRAPHICS.CODE, before compiling your program. {gchar test program} program gchartest; uses support, {$u graphics.code} graphchar; begin page(output); set_screen(2); gotoxy(15, 11); write('*'); gotoxy(0, 2); write('character code: ',gchar(12, 16)); end. (* gchartest *) PWORK.dsk
  3. Plexiglass puzzle-piece cases will never "resemble" the original cases. Their point is to put a protective shell around the circuit boards and to allow the owner to ogle the said boards. If you want to recreate the 1090XL case, you'll need to spring for injection molded plastics.
  4. All good mate! Let me know if things change! So, as of now, the STe and Mega ST 4 are still available everyone
  5. I think very many here wonder about the same. That better graphics becomes less important with games that are 30-50 years old is understandable. Yet, - improved graphics will probably always matter, it’s just that as we are in the era of 8th to 9th Gen. of consoles, and PCs have actually gradually evolved in background, the difference from whats really good-looking now contra then is so vast, the older games seems to be viewed more like ‘early, primivite block’-games, then NES-type 8-bit or 16-bit era. As of now, what should be the next quantum-leap in graphics…? Do we need it…? Guess for me, good graphics have always been one the most integral parts to everything-video game-related. Even as a very young kid, I was frustrated with our Dragon 64s poor graphics quality… like ‘why does stuff in Arcades (think Ghost n Goblins, Dragon Buster, Commando, Jail Break etc) actually pull me into a fantasy-world, while the unrecognizable block-world on the home-computer hardly tells me anything, shows me anything, - gives me no exciting feelings of adventure and ‘being there’ etc. Guess, people may differ in whats important to them: Is it about videogames being a digital Air-Hockey+, is it about video-games to be an interactive action-movie or interactive story-world…? For retro-games, how much is pure nostalgia (re-living or awakening a fond memory) and how much is about exploring what you wished to experience back then but couldn’t (pretty big part for me) and how much is just being universally interested in everything game-like just to have fun with that paradigm or platform provided…? Certainly can distinctly remember asking myself whether I’d see Konami, Capcom and Sega titles on the Lynx… - of what they would’ve looked like…
  6. Yes, the most common detection is in one direction, for example, for bullets. x = (sprite_x + 7) / 8 ' Getting the center of the sprite y = (sprite_y + 7) / 8 c = VPEEK($1800 + sprite_y * 32 + sprite_x) ' Read character.
  7. ANOTHER EXPLOSIVE GAME! The Mutants started off with a GRAND SLAM in the FIRST INNING! The Spartans hit two RBI singles in the bottom of the 1st to make the score 4-2. The Mutants extended their lead to 5-2 with an RBI single in the 2nd. The Spartans got a run walked in and another RBI to cut the lead to 5-4. The Mutants scored another run on a fielder's choice in the 3rd to lead 6-4. The Spartans hit an RBI single in the 6th but still lose 6-5.
  8. Hot damn, I posted these ages ago! Any hoo - I just modified one a little bit, so I can play some paddle games on my 800XL. This will work on other Ataris too. 2nd button is wired to UP. Joystick left is paddle button. Works a treat and the dial doesn't get in the way of the buttons either (even though it may look like it does...)
  9. You can also verify that the service are running by telnetting into the PI from the 4A. The terminal is a little mismatched for Linux so you generally need to type everything perfectly the first time. From TI BASIC: CALL TIPI("TIPI.NET.TELNET") Pick the appropriate screen mode, 80 columns requires an F18A. For the hostname prompt enter: localhost For the port enter: 23 At the login prompt enter the credentials: Username: tipi Password: tipi Then run: sudo systemctl status TIPI web.service What does it show?
  10. "Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your Yars"
  11. Positive news Update! Apparently their first reply went to my spam folder, but they did follow-up with a second email to explain that there is a 20-30 day delay for shipping the controllers. They explained that there is a disclaimer below the PayPal purchase button. It may be a new disclaimer, but in fairness, I may have missed that when ordering. It was just a bit concerning, because there was no order confirmation from CoteGames, just the PayPal confirmation. So, things are good!
  12. Today
  13. on your pc in a cmd prompt can you ping the ip address? ping x.x.x.x is the command replacing the x with the ip address numbers if that works try ping tipi and ping tipi.local
  14. This is ridiculous, but in a good way! Can’t wait to see more. @playsoftthanks for sharing the ROM and @Trebor thanks for making us aware of this gem.
  15. This looks amazing! The gameplay is smooth, and the graphics look great! My one suggestion so far would be to have more of an indication of when you are hit. Maybe your ship can flash slightly when you take damage, or perhaps just the shield indicator?
  16. You have to start using the bell in the middle for almost every delivery once the Therapy Dogs get fast, that's the most important thing to completing that level! Don't always walk straight up to it, get close and hit it when the dogs are at a good spot for you you slip past them when they are frozen.
  17. An example URL for the web browser looks like this: http://192.168.1.65:9900/ Note "http" and not "https" - in most web browsers if you want no 's' you have to type the 'http:' explicitly. An example CIFS/Samba path for a windows FILE browser looks like: \\192.168.1.65\TIPI\ If your router provides local DNS for your home network, then usually you can use tipi.local instead of the IP address. Otherwise run CALL TIPI from TI BASIC and use the IP address it reports on the 4A screen.
  18. You are most welcomed. Yup. I tend to do things the hard way. One of my goals with IMT 2.0 is to be able to use something like MilkyTracker and translate the generated XM files to IMT 2.0 format. That, and create an actual tracker program for the Intellivision. It wouldn’t work to use that technique from GoatTracker, true. It also would be tricky to do it by hand, since you would have to account for the fact that tone and noise are mixed by ANDing their outputs rather than ADDing or ORing them, which means that their combined sound tends to modulate the timbre of the noise rather than it’s pitch. Ready! The DRUM macro generates data that is pretty much passed through to the PSG device’s registers. Therefore the tone and noise values are not frequencies but oscillator periods. Zero essentially turns off the oscillator, and shouldn’t be used unless that is exactly what you are looking to do. (Changing it back to a higher value later on May result in an audible click due to the way the oscillators are cycled.). Typically, if you want to stop output of a PSG oscillator, whether tone or noise, you set its volume to zero and leave its period as is. If you feel compelled to reduce the period, then try to avoid going below 1. The noise period is controlled by a 5-bit register, so it can go from $01 to $1F. Since the noise generator generates white noise (or something close to it), the period serves to bias the frequencies included. Essentially, higher values act as a high-band filter, while lower values act as a low-band filter. (Wait, I may have gotten those reverse, but you should still know what I mean: one extreme has more higher frequencies than the other.) dZ.
  19. I don’t (and never will) agree with it. I always believed MK would be a killer app on the Jaguar. I’m glad it’s happening!
  20. Hey guys - Wanted to share this with the Atari 2600m diehards. This is the latest video I've posted to my channel, My Retro Life. I feel like my story with the Atari 2600 is somewhat different from most and thus this list has some interesting titles on it! Hope y'all enjoy it - Forgive me if this sort of post is frowned upon. Have a great day!
  21. Hey! Am I playing Atari by myself? I wanna see a show of hands here! Let’s see what you’re playing! lol!
  22. The sprite sizes vary slightly, based on the character, but in general the arcade sprites are 80x144 and the DOS sprites are 64x112. Now that I've converted everything over to the DOS sprites, I actually prefer them. It leaves more room for the fighters on-screen.
  23. That game is pretty bad ass. And it's only a WIP? Crazy.
  24. HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI TODAY! The game today is FANTASTIC VOYAGE. THE OBJECTIVE: You and your submarine are to be injected into the bloodstream of a critically ill patient. Your mission is to blast your way through several phases of artery obstacles and destroy a life threatening Blood Clot. Although I didn’t own this one back in the day my brother in law did. I remember I liked the game then it wasn’t until last year I picked this one up. I’m glad I did, this is a good but challenging game!
  25. Holy Shit! That is an amazing game you have programmed there, good Sir! 🤯 👍
  1. Load more activity