All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That’s a good idea but I was hoping not to open the console again. Anyways I was able to burn a copy of Popful Mail last night and can confirm the battery is holding charge. I believe it’s a ML2032. Pretty simple mod and by locating the battery outside the shielding it’ll make future battery changes a breeze
  3. The ONLY USB power supply that has worked for me so far is exactly 5V 1A. No more, no less, at least on my unit.
  4. 21 Century Fashion Colors: Grayscale 8 Atari8man_21_Century_fashions.xex
  5. Vec fever sounds cool. Maybe I’ll grab one of those lol
  6. I have been running and managing an pretty large eBay side hustle since June 2020. I had driven a commercial vehicle since the 90s but I had a horrific injury to my right ankle in 2018 and it was damaged to the point that I simply can't drive a big truck anymore. That's how I ended up doing what I currently do and I've learned quite a bit about eBay and the shipping options since then. Because of the items we sell which are large commercial items like huge circuit breakers and fuses and lots of other stuff. Thank God for eBays current and ended listings as I often knew little about these items. Anyway, I typically offer USPS Ground Advantage and USPS Priority Mail on every listing. PM is fantastic because of the flat rate options they have which are the same across all 50 states and the US Territories. Plus you can order all of the different size PM boxes from the PO for free and they will ship them to you for free also.
  7. I just finished a video to pay homage to this great game which definitely holds special memories for me. I'm so glad that my friends that lived next door had a Atari 5200 so I could really take in this classic game over 4 decades ago. I really appreciate those of you that have watched my videos and even subbed to the channel:)
  8. You realize when typing in POKE 82,0 then you use the abbreviations and skip any extra spaces etc when typing those in. Let the Atari expand them. when listing it will all be there but you have to squish it all back down to make changes else it will cut everything off after 3 rows in a line number
  9. Answer is not unexpected - it doesn't do well. I just got mine, set it up, first three tests pass in Acid800 and the fourth (timing) exits the emulated Atari. I had it set to 800XL, I'll try some other combos but I'm guessing result will be the same.
  10. So, Im waiting for the arrival of a PAL system and spent the evening trying to figure out how to view a PAL signal. Just realized, I can just play an NTSC-formatted movie/kernel and play it on an NTSC TV right? Colors will be different, but if I output a regular 262 lines, that should output 60-Hz that I can experiment with right? EDIT: from some more reading I think it will work, except the image will be black and white (and use the Atari pal color palette). That's more than fine for testing the kernel issues.
  11. I don't mind using a battery screwdriver to remove the screws but I would never use one to put the screws back in.
  12. Also, I don't really need to do it, since this should be fine: https://mobeets.com/product/kj400-lp-pcbkit/
  13. Loved jump man games, closer to a traditional platformer with collecting the rings and avoiding badguys. But like many platformers of the era, has its own problems. One common platform quirk in most platformers of the time was "falling any distance kills" like the very first level of jumpman has a platform on the lowest platform. You can walk onto it, but have to jump off it, if you walk off, you die, say wha?! Yeah miner 2049er mostly was an exercise in requiring precise jumping to platforms that are unneeded outside to be there, which bitd, yeah, but as platformers progressed, got better, its easier to see the flaws. I could see putting a baddie on a platform to require getting to it, even have the game randomly place bad guys on the levels to get more levels, even if you stick to the three (I think it was) screens of the Atari 2600 version. But if somebody made a sequel, I'd say nix the floor tiles bit. I think jump man doesn't get the same love (despite bein awesome, having a huge variety of enemies/obsticals, and something like 50 levels, was because it wasn't on the 2600, or any Atari console I believe.
  14. Because it's a holiday weekend, I'm going to extend both Auto Racing and Bomb Squad out a week. No new game this week as well....It's okay, it will extend the season...
  15. Ok well just trying to learn. Accomplish ? Well, as you know that 10-liner goes much past the character per line limit. Wanted to see if I could modify it without all the fancy original programs bells & whistles & perhaps speed it up. Sorry for wasting time.
  16. I haven't seen a post by pdubs titled "Atari knows of those vinyl arcade cab reproduction art that people sell" yet, so doubt they know.
  17. Yes, I agree this one is not for everyone. I'll let somebody else do a b-key recreation, though. This is my idea of what I want for myself. If I may explain, the main idea is that there are too many compromises in attempting to make a modern in-case 400 keyboard. Believe me, I tried very hard to make it work, and I hate all the solutions. Instead, I'm making it an external keyboard. This way, you can keep the original 400 membrane in place, and your 400 computer mostly intact except for a new connector that I can hopefully make as hidden as possible. When not using the computer, you have the option to put the keyboard on top of the computer, which is what you see above. I'm not saying this is where it should be when you use it. Well, it can't: the 400 "keyboard" is a miniature ersatz. You have to use an alternative and very unpleasant layout to compensate for the size difference. My goal is not to make an unpleasant to use keyboard.
  18. If you installed the customized version 1.3c software over the 1.3 software you can. The GSPVertical was created before Brad's customized software came out. What happens when version 1.4 software is released?
  19. I think a perfect name for the game would have been The Adventures of a Green Hair-on-fire Maniac Diving Air Hose Facilitator. -Ben
  20. This is really bad! Try this... plug your THECXSTICK joystick into your Windows PC. Go to Start and type in Set Up USB Game Controllers. Click on THECXSTICK and go to Properties. It will bring up this screen: Now move the joystick around. If I push very lightly to the Left or Right, it is fine. But if I push a little harder to the Left or Right it always ends up going to the Lower Left or Lower Right corner. Something is very wrong.
  21. I compiled it with CVBasic and gsm80 and had to strip the vgm music to keep it under 32 kb. It had a nesting error on line 320 of the .bas code. The CV binary without the music is about 22 kb.
  22. Today
  23. Hello, I created a 7800 development thread, but I’m going to be making some changes to the games title and as such I was wondering if an admin is able to rename the thread. Thank you, Dustin
  24. Wow! This took a bit of head scratching and code wizardry(?). Everything related to graphics mode switching seems to be working now. The 64-column editor also works fine. Here is the current beta: fbForth300_8_Na.bin Gettin’ tighter!: bank 0: 162 bytes bank 1: 112 bytes bank 2: 118 bytes bank 3: 118 bytes ...lee fbForth300_8.bin
  1. Load more activity