All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'll be getting Neo drift-out. £30 as apposed the the original which is £100's!
  3. We learned that aluminum oxidizes the moment it is exposed to air so you'd probably have to anodize it. Now try to find a picture AI that is able to visualize an "Atari 800 computer in clear acrylic case with anodized aluminum shielding"
  4. Hi guys, SNK GLOBAL @SNKPofficial [EVO Japan 2024: SNK Booth] Star cosplayer Enako and Aki, a model, will be cosplaying as characters from FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves on April 28! #FatalFury #CotW #Enako 10:03 PM · Apr 22, 2024 Anthony...
  5. Hi guys, SNK GLOBAL @SNKPofficial [EVO Japan 2024: SNK Booth] Snap a photo and post to X with the hashtag #CotW for a free FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves clear folder! * Gifts will only be given out once per person. * Stock is limited. * Show your uploaded post at booth reception. #FatalFury #CotW 10:04 PM · Apr 22, 2024 Anthony..
  6. Hi guys, SNK GLOBAL @SNKPofficial [EVO Japan 2024: SNK Booth] Free FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves tote bag for demo questionnaire respondents! * Gifts will only be given out once per person. * Show your completed questionnaire screen at booth reception. #FatalFury #CotW 10:02 PM · Apr 22, 2024 Anthony..
  7. Hi guys, SNK GLOBAL @SNKPofficial [EVO Japan 2024: SNK Booth] First public playable demo for FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves! Go full throttle with the all-new REV System! * Limit 25 min of playtime per person. * Please note that on busy days you may not get a chance to play. #FatalFury #CotW 10:00 PM · Apr 22, 2024 Anthony...
  8. The tablet is a good idea. Sadly I lost the one I had in 80's. I'll look to add it.
  9. Awesome Dopy, gld that the game we share on here for you and others to see are to your liking bro. Thank you for sharing the pic too. Looks like a great piece of cable you posting. Can't go wrong at less than $15 bucks. I like it. Anthony..
  10. Today
  11. When I bought my new printer recently, I make sure it was offline one, no wifi, no Internet needed, just plain old USB. I had a hard time paying for it, the store clerk kept trying to upsell me on their better model with all the wifi internet mobile phone features.
  12. I'm not sure how you save with Highlander, but it's detecting and using the memory track just fine. Very odd game. 😆
  13. You are correct. It was a painted metal case with a large piece of plastic on the top half of the from that had the word. "ATARI" on it. It's been so long, I'm not sure about the word, "1090XL". But back to the 800; I'm just not sure what it would look like without that large cast aluminum shield. Or for that matter, what it would look like with the shield under the acrylic. To make it look good and stay looking good, you'd have to shine it up and then seal it to keep it from oxidizing again. DavidMil2
  14. This is from Tinybuild's preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2023, published today. I understand "underpromise, overdeliver", but what a strange way to release this info (maybe a mistake)? Why keep this secret anyway?
  15. I noticed your board is set to "Arduino UNO WiFi" in the IDE but I'm pretty sure the board you purchased is a vanilla R3 without WiFi. I reckon that if you change the board to "Arduino Uno" (see below) you should be good to go:
  16. Ghosts are completely random. I reached round 11 but only 90.000 points as the game did not spawn enough ghosts for the Pellets.
  17. yeah, given that i have zero clue about hardware, you might be correct that my judgement of being-not-tinkered-with is totally wrong. it was really just a feeling, because it seemed like nothing has been changed, everything was soldered on the board etc. but i found an image of the board, maybe this helps? (it seems that you have a typo and wrote "later PAL 65XEs" instead of earlier?)
  18. Anyone have the SimCity Data disk? (Labeled "The companion disk to the SimCity Planning Commission Handbook") My original disk is bad. It has extra cities on it. Here is what is on the disk, the files selected on mine are bad. The rest are good.
  19. I was away for a few days. Good news: sio works break works! Bad news: Think my bga soldering was not quite good. So one keyboard line was stuck low. This was also the cause of sio not working. Anyway I took off the chip and cleaned it up. I’ll put another one on and add that chip to my ‘to reball’ pile (not tried yet but looks doable!)
  20. BTW, if you ever subscribe to HP's Instant Ink program, reports are that the printer firmware is irrevocably modified and you can never unsubscribe the printer. As well, if you have any of the subbed ink in reserve and cancel your subscription, all of that unused ink becomes invalid. Never let your printer have access to the Internet, unless your really neeeeeed that functionality. I have my printers on a VLAN, and they are blocked at the firewall.
  21. Has anyone tried adding .chd games like Dragon's Lair, Space Ace and Mach 3?
  22. I think all your work is really well thought out @big_guitar. I notice contributors don't get much feedback by way of appreciation, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates you taking the lead on helping everyone build their dream system. I hope I didn't offend by suggesting the flat-file games.ini route. It's just that presumably since many of us have been using that method since @Brad_from_the_80s originally came out with his amazing upgrade, I would assume it's what most users have gotten used to doing. One variable to consider - like me, I'm sure many gamers have already built out their favorite Atari and Arcade games utilizing games.ini complete with artwork and descriptions for the game play and control fields. So also presumably, since many of the CV and INTV games are the same titles, much of the data and artwork is already complete and ready for an easy copy-and-paste into the about="" and controls="" fields of any new CV or INTV games.ini entry. Might I suggest a standard folder arrangement like this to keep things uniform: timer=/data/Games/Coleco_Games/ColecoVision/ timer=/data/Games/Coleco_Games/ADAM/ timer=/data/Games/Mattel_Games/Intellivision/ Note: the sdcard/ prefix doesn't seem to be needed in games.ini Since the supporting cores and other files are in set folder locations, any new games.ini game entry for CV and INTV would end up being pretty standard, wouldn't it?
  23. Woah. Those look awesome. I'll see what I can do to help out modern neo geo devs fund new projects. I was hoping there was a big homebrew/indie scene for this console. Side note, but I mentioned an adapter for a power supply. I found the plug on eBay. Actually convinced a seller to chop off the cable to reduce shipping and lower costs. I had some barrel jacks from other projects. I keep them on hand. I created a small circuit board using perf board, added the jacks and color coded my jacks. 5v is yellow so I don't get them mixed up. Good news is apparently it causes no issues if 5/10 are mixed. It just won't work. I have 10v 1.25a and 5v 3a PSUs that I use. They work like a champ. Here's my adapter. Total cost was less than $15.
  24. As I know, there´s no other difference between both ANTIC versions except the amount of refresh cycles. Later DRAM chips require 256 cycles, so Atari reacted with a new ANTIC. When you have 128 cycle DRAM chips installed or use any kind of substition using SRAM, then there´s no disadvantage to use the older ANTIC. The only problem occurs when using the older ANTIC and DRAM requiring 256 cycles refresh rate. This is a nasty issues, then the system mostly will start normal and some programs run fine. As long the display list is long enough (for example, a standard Graphics 0 screen), there are enough refresh cycles. But for example, some copy programs using less screen content and ANTIC mode 1 or 2 will cause RAM content corruption due to missing refresh cycles. See Altirra HW manual for detailed info.
  25. I replaced the OS chip from a known good 800XL. Didn't change anything. I reflowed the socket for the OS, BIOS, MMU, No change. Is there something that would cause the BIOS to not boot? Some signal that's held high that a cart or the OPTION button bypasses? I can check if that magic signal is on. (e.g. signal to force boot a floppy or something like that?)
  1. Load more activity