All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. FYI, I've got a few experimental PiRTOs available, at my store at https://videogamepcbs.com/10-products
  3. Awesome vase, perfect. Flowers very good. I wonder if dithering could improve flowers🤔
  4. Haunted House colors: 39 Atari8man_Haunted_house.xex
  5. I hadn't considered that, so I just installed the most recent CC3 editor for Windows, pointed it to the game's bin/cfg file and it created a new ROM. Unfortunately, that didn't work either.
  6. Pink Roses colors: 58 Atari8man_Pink_Roses.xex
  7. Very nice!! I like your description -many colors (more than in C64!)
  8. At least I hope that the FPGA-fad is to going last a long, long time into the future… Plenty of corporate ‘n commericalized brainwasher-fads out there to pick from, that are truly deserving of fading to black asap…
  9. I played the Colecovision Jumpman Jr. also and it was a fun game. It also feels like a title that often gets lost or forgotten in the sea of platformers that existed back then.
  10. Yeah, that's definitely the problem. PC emulation is pretty sweet, but I thought (could be wrong) we were talking about the mini-console gadget things that use emulation instead of FPGA. Some of those are alright, but I haven't played one yet that didn't feel a bit lacking in areas. And worst cases are the ones that render great games virtually unplayable (AtGames comes to mind there)
  11. I used mask on face and hand. Ditherning 0.9 Jarvis /pal=real.act /details=mask.png /details_val=4 /dither=jarvis /dither_val=0.9 /dither_rand=0.21 /s=34500 /threads=4 /seed=0 /save=10000000 /continue
  12. I'm currently playing on my Super Console X4 Plus from Kinhank that has over a 120k built in games, literally any game from any console before the Dreamcast runs flawlessly on this device and I only payed 70 bucks for it on AliExpress ( it even came with two knockoff PS2 controllers which are actually pretty good), this idea that only high end computers can emulate flawlessly is an old myth that needs to die off.
  13. Is it doing on the controllers as well or just the console? If you change it to one of the solid colors (white or orange), does it still flicker? For reference, if you press and hold the Menu button on the controller, it will change the color and pattern on both the controller and the console. Unfortunately, there's no "Off" option. 🙁
  14. I'm interested, but like the Amiga 500 Mini, I'm waiting on a full size Maxi version with working keyboard to join my C64 Maxi.
  15. I'm similar to you, having no prior experience of the Atari 8 bit line. I got myself a 400 mini, and the first game I played was Yoomp! because that's a game I enjoyed on Atari 50. I'm looking forward to diving more into the library, starting with the included games. Keep us posted how you get on with yours
  16. ... I seem to recall it's pretty bad running off my Incognito'd 800 off the LG.
  17. @Philsan, Thank you very much for your offer. I've just sent you PM with the original texts to be translated. I am looking forward for your contribution.
  18. Ah, thanks. I did watch that but was supposed to be working so not paying full attention That's good news
  19. I'd love to see the counterpart to Gideon's Ultimate 64.. the Ultimate XL, which would fit even in an original 600XL case, that'd be great!
  20. Bin2Rom conversion won’t work on the CC3 if it uses bank-switching. In fact, it won’t work anywhere, since it loses the information regarding the bank usage. BIN+CFG should work. dZ.
  21. Recently I let some 16 year olds play 2 player Checkered Flag comlynx, and between races I would let them switch the Lynx 1 with Lynx 2. They both said that they preferred the Lynx 1 (just sliiiiiiightly) over the Lynx 2 in terms of holding comfort and the big sound. But they thought the Lynx 2 was cooler in terms of aestetics and the smaller design. In the end it didn't matter that much to them as they enjoyed both Lynxes and would not prefer the one over the other for some good gaming action
  22. Terrific, thank you for testing and confirming the fix! Just a note that my next release is in progress and about 50% finished. This game is an arcade port.
  23. Yes, and it should also be pointed out this is one the good things that has come out of Atari's acquisition of AtariAge. I'm surprised Atari didn't negotiate to rename the game "Warlords" since they own the rights to it.
  24. Further to this, for anyone curious, you can indeed mount both a cartridge and a disk image (actually, up to three disk images) simultaneously, allowing you to use cartridge-based software and save to disk. I have tried it with AtariWriter so far and it worked fine. Not tried SpartaDOS X as yet. Only downside is that you need to have prepared the (blank/DOS formatted) disk images in advance, as the only means of creating a disk image on the device itself is the auto-created "boot into BASIC with DOS disk image" it creates in the root of your USB stick if one doesn't already exist with the expected filename. Just look on it as the modern equivalent of having to have enough physical disks to save all your stuff or something.
  1. Load more activity