All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. No, the XB/TML code with the error that I posted that you said didn't work. Here is the program modified to avoid having to use COS. Now it can be compiled and it is a bit less leisurely.This is running at normal speed, not CPU overdrive. But of course, although it works the same, it is no longer the same program. 100 DIM SINE(11) 110 FOR I=1 TO 11 :: READ SINE(I):: NEXT I 120 CALL SCREEN(2):: PD=1 130 A=0 135 IF PD=1 THEN CALL LINK("PENHUE",3+INT(RND*14),2) 140 FOR I=1 TO 11 150 CALL LINK("PUTPEN",100,120,A) 160 W=A/180*SINE(I) 170 R=9+A/18 180 CALL LINK("PU"):: CALL LINK("FWD",R-W/200) 190 IF PD=1 THEN CALL LINK("PD")ELSE CALL LINK("PE") 195 CALL LINK("FWD",W/100) 200 A=A+3 :: IF A>1453 THEN 230 210 NEXT I :: GOTO 140 230 PD=PD+1 :: PD=PD AND 1 :: GOTO 130 240 DATA 0,51,97,136,164,178,178,164,136,97,51,0
  3. I apologize for the need to cut-paste, but beyond that, how are the 600 extra games working for you? Any favorites?
  4. I need to correct that the can style transistor should point upper left not right.
  5. Weird, not something I am seeing on MacOS. I am wondering if Windows is putting an EOF (end of file) character at the end of the games.ini file before the additions the utility adds and then the AGSP is not reading past that? If you can post a games.ini file here that does not load I will take a look with a binary editor and I apologize for Windows (and not testing on Windows...that is not my primary OS).
  6. Sure, and you'll never make everyone happy. I mentioned in the debate the last page, one other little thing that bugs me is how it seems to use some of the usual tropes of another evil corporation story. Perhaps with the hacker angle and Yar being the avatar it'll be interesting and entertaining. But, just seems like a missed opportunity to build on something that isn't a trope, since I can't think of any other stories about mutant flies capable of interstellar travel dealing with a mortal enemy
  7. I have the full source code to 2600 Gyruss, I'll have to check with the programmer and see if i can release it.
  8. OK cool. Yeah I don't have a single cartridge right now. Not one. So I'm sure I'll be able to put together a decent "starter pack". 😀
  9. A lot of the usual common games there. If you're starting fresh, there will be plenty to get. I bought a bunch if titles I didn't already have.
  10. You mean the pascal code I posted? That has the corrected randians conversion.
  11. an option to enter the server IP manually, which can be changed.
  12. @Tursi Microsoft silently launched code signing for developers with a free preview until June 2024. Only catch is you need 3 years of verified tax records as business and after the free preview it is 9.99 per month
  13. This is more or less where it's sitting with me. Caveat: I am a bit of a sucker for backstory, but it absolutely needs to not feel forced or hokey, and being outright ignorant of established storyline is an instant noose around its neck for me. Given that the original storyline involved mutant houseflies from outer space as a central plot point, it'll be interesting to see how or if that gets worked in. I did catch the Qotech T-shirt that our protagonist wore, and that she went by 'Yar' online. OK, there's a couple of hints, but nothing concrete enough to go on - and, quite honestly, between that and the preview, it's not hooking me in a big way. It's very much wait and see, and I hope that my concerns about the final product are misfounded.
  14. I see those chd files go in subfolders and are typically quite large, so I wouldn't expect that the GSP would handle those very well. Yeah, some those are choppy even under Windows. I got some to work under mame2003-plus core with older rom sets, but I doubt many of them would work on GSP. Slow loads under Windows, needs to fast forward sometimes.
  15. Cross posted inquiry and answered in the other post. Difficulty Switch was in the position for the buttons to fire both weapons simultaneously instead of separate assignments.
  16. Check out this very long list of links and rankings for NES homebrews: The Top 500 Indie NES Games, Vol. 9 - by Seth Abramson (substack.com)
  17. Yes! Is it garbage? It saw a lot of "Combat" cartridges, so I didn't get my hopes up. 😀😀 But man did they have a lot of cartridges when I was there. I figured if I did get a 2600+, at least those crates should provide all the basic classics.
  18. Today
  19. Outstanding! Stuff like this is what really sells me on the VBXE. I'm not interested in getting Amiga- or VGA-level graphics from my Atari 8 bit, but pixel-perfect early 80s arcade ports? Sign me up!
  20. Is it the one on Race Track? I've been through those crates.
  21. It took significantly more tries to get SNAKE as in the video. This code works, but isn't perfect: 10 REM SNAKE 20 CALL CLEAR 30 X=10 40 Y=10 50 DX=1 60 DY=0 65 PX=X 66 PY=Y 70 CALL HCHAR(Y,X,64) 80 GOSUB 372 90 REM MOVE SNAKE 100 GOSUB 400 110 X=X+DX 120 Y=Y+DY 130 IF (X<1)+(X>28)+(Y<1)+(Y>12)THEN 380 140 CALL GCHAR(Y,X,C) 150 IF C<>ASC("O")THEN 160 151 GOSUB 372 160 CALL HCHAR(Y,X,64) 170 FOR DELAY=1 TO 50 180 NEXT DELAY 190 REM HANDLE KEYS 200 CALL KEY(0,K,S) 210 IF K=ASC("E")THEN 250 220 IF K=ASC("X")THEN 280 230 IF K=ASC("S")THEN 310 240 IF K=ASC("D")THEN 340 245 GOTO 100 250 DX=0 260 DY=-1 270 GOTO 100 280 DX=0 290 DY=1 300 GOTO 100 310 DX=-1 320 DY=0 330 GOTO 100 340 DX=1 350 DY=0 360 GOTO 100 370 REM GENERATE FOOD 372 FX=INT(RND*28)+1 374 FY=INT(RND*12)+1 376 IF (FX=X)*(FY=Y)THEN 372 378 CALL HCHAR(FY,FX,79) 379 RETURN 380 REM END GAME 382 PRINT "GAME OVER" 390 END 400 REM SNAKE TRAIL 410 CALL HCHAR(PY,PX,32) 420 PX=X 430 PY=Y 460 CALL HCHAR(PY,PX,45) 461 RETURN Importantly the trail is only a single character long, so you can never hit yourself and you never grow. It required significant coaxing to make the keyboard and food work, to remember the limitations of IF..THEN, and repeatedly I had to call out specific line numbers in its own code. BUT it did better than ChatGPT did and I didn't WRITE any of this code. (Oh, and for some reason it decided maximum row was 12... but that's good enough for today.)
  22. … and I can only have my general sense a d opinion of what story-elements really brings to the table, and will respect that others may find new elements completely off-putting. My general view here, is that if you add elements that are close to inverting the story, - or twisting it beyond reasonble hinting in the outset -, or make the first parts meaningless or arbitrary, it usually wrecks the story-part. For a movie of book-franchise that’s a little (selfmade) doomsday right there, but for games you’ll have those who never cared (even half-a-dot) about the story.
  23. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought it would be neat. I'll post again if/when I can turn my full attention to it
  24. I will check the power supply. Thank you.
  25. I did research into it, but adding DMA isn't possible (at least nicely) with how I'm handling addresses. It may be possible to implement in a later version, but I can't find any public specifications on how the Drive turbo actually operates at a low level and I don't have one to test on, so for now I'm not worrying about DMA compatibility. Honestly if I could tinker with it I could probably write a custom driver for the drive turbo that would hopefully perform as well as DMA (theoretically an 8mhz block move instruction would be able to saturate the 1mhz expansion bus anyways at 7 cycles a byte). I'm also considering if it would be faster and simpler to add some sort of SD interface on the accelerator itself. TLDR I'm going to be looking into storage options more closely once the actual accelerator is up and running, but that's a project for another day. For now, it won't have any dma capability
  1. Load more activity