All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The mystery deepens with the companion Space Raider.
  3. Alright, but what if I want to use this in a live performance improv setting? Can I at least mute drum and synth sections and whatnot? Another thing I should note is that I'm probably gonna test this on a RetroN 77. The BW/COL button is in the back in that design and I might need an alt button to play sequences, like the RESET button for instance.
  4. Did you get it to work? The bluescsi V2 is it internal? 50pin or external DB25. I am trying to get my external Bluescsi V2 working on my TT and no luck so far.. Term out or in. James
  5. Nice work. Thanks for the update. The keycap adapters are always going to be the trickiest part to get right - the tolerances are very small. Mine worked well in PLA. I've since tried PETG and have found the retaining bumps on the adapter stem do seem to wear down. Is the main issue the connection of the adapter to the switches? or the keycaps? It sounds like the switches, but if it is the keycaps, the spacebar-specific adapter might work better. The only difference is the retaining bumps on the stems are 0.1mm larger. I might try and pick up a few different brands of switches to try as I've only tested the Akko switches linked in the repo.
  6. I'm having an issue where now sometimes the power led flashes when power is plugged in.I can unplug it with batteries and it stops. Then it will be fine for a while if I plug it back in. Think I need to get in there and reinforce it.
  7. Agreed. I should probably clarify that my intention in referring to the mod as 'prehistoric' wasn't a dig at Best (or Brad), but rather a description of the mod itself. It could have come from anywhere and would have still received the same description. Nothing wrong with the mod itself (though I do still believe it to be more involved than necessary compared to newer offerings); if it's what someone wants to use, that's their prerogrative.
  8. Who What Why Which When...These are all just W Words.... Speaking of Which, When...We always seem to forget poor When, and When We forget When We might ask Why? Who (do) We ask Why about When you Wonder? Well, While We...Wait! What? Why ask Why When you can ask What Who Which When or just Wonder Why not I Wonder then Which Wanderings do cause you to Wonder Which and When but not Who of course because Well it's a miracule Who sounds less like a W Word and more like an H Word Whereas Whereas is a W Word Where the W is followed by an H...Hot Damnit!
  9. I would classify the 1200XL keyboard tactile feedback as excellent.
  10. I don't have any strong leads, but anytime I hear about a reproducible "after several minutes" kind of problem it makes me think of heat. If you reset the console immediately does the problem happen sooner next time (vs. turning it off for a while before trying again)? Does the VDP still have its heatsink?
  11. I have the Unijoysticle too. I use it with my PS4 controllers. Really fun with Robotron and Space Dungeon!
  12. I connected pin 5 and pin 7, and it has been working perfectly for years. It actually works for games that support two buttons.
  13. Today
  14. Episode 73 – Not Just A Knockoff! Greetings and welcome to Episode 73! In this one, Brian recalls a nice little haul he got one Christmas, and gives an Atari 2600 classic the full treatment. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail for the show at 734-623-0832. The show also has a Facebook page, and is also on Instagram, Twitter, Threads, Bluesky, TikTok (when I have videos) and Tumblr. All of these links can be found at https://linktr.ee/arcadeaddictbrian. I am also putting the back catalog on Youtube as well, a little bit at a time. Just search for arcadeaddictbrian or the podcast, and you will find them! You can help the show by leaving a five-star review wherever you listen to it, which helps other people find it. If you want to help the show directly, go to https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/coaa and click on the Donate button. For as little as a dollar a month, you can help the show develop further as a podcast, as I use those funds for things directly related to the show (buying podcasting and streaming equipment, and funding arcade runs to new locations to review). My deepest thanks to Kevin Hoffman and Benjamin Broedel for their continuing support! Without your help, I would not be in the position I’m in! And now, I’m streaming live on Twitch! Twitch.tv/arcadeaddictbrian. If you’re a listener to the show, please do me a solid and drop me a follow over there. That helps grow the stream, and who knows, maybe I might become a big-time streamer! A guy can hope, right?? Discord server coming soon! Hope to hear from you soon, and good gaming out there! Story Time – Christmas 1987: My own Commodore, a Color TV AND a VCR?!?! Are You Experienced? – Megamania (Atari 2600) Time For Some Stragedy – Megamania (Atari 2600) https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/coaa/episodes/Episode-73---Not-Just-A-Knockoff-e2irlrt
  15. Another bluetooth dongle that works is the Unijoysticle. I've been using it with an xbox one controller and even with the Atari VCS controllers. Neat thing is you can use one xbox controller as 2 joysticks.. so that playing Robotron is easy. There's a list of what wireless controllers will work with it. https://github.com/ricardoquesada/unijoysticle2/blob/main/docs/user_guide.md
  16. Thanks for posting this. I just downloaded it and spent some time playing it with Javatari. Great fun!
  17. I found more to the story. University of Arkansas did produce all the barcodes folks wanted. TIGER finished out a book of 1000 phrases. Texas Instruments did sell to TIGER 300 or so Magic wand units out of its warehouse. (Sears was gobbling them up to sell on clearance.)
  18. 5,570 I played on an emulator. Wish I still had it on a disk to play on my real Atari 800. But for now, my linux laptop will do.
  19. For you guys that are looking for mass storage comes a 16 TB SSD from probably Wish, question is would it be any good, I just received one from a friend and he swears that they are reliable , technology has come a long ways so who knows ? Pictures are enclosed, has anyone else got one of these drives and tried it ? Russ
  20. Do you mean the Analogue Pocket? It also has save states.
  21. I have a ton of ST software that I have never looked through or could get access to with my gathering of software maybe I will find it.... Hopefully it never slipped through the cracks like Forem PC. Russ
  22. I have no idea about the DC expansion slot SD reader. I use a GDEMU and that was really easily to set up...but again I used a Windows application to do so (GDMenu Card Manager). So I will be of no help to you there. For Saturn, you should be looking for .BIN/.CUE rips. Usually it will be multiple .BIN files and a .CUE file. But, you'll need to find a burning app on Mac that will burn BIN/CUE format. I am not a Mac person so you should ask someone maybe in some Mac forums? Or, alternately, dual boot the Mac with Windows and use Windows to do this stuff. Or, Linux.
  23. Even version 8.4 Atarifreak? I have been running it for over 10 years , it uploads and downloads OK, am I better off to switch to Synchronet the new version ???? Its possible , the only reason I used Wildcat is I am used to it and paid for it. Russ
  1. Load more activity