All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Always loved this early Garfield strip. :D

Garfield comics

3. I’ll answer this one in the coming days, looks you are almost there and I just didn’t automatically build some tools etc. @Mathy I see I just confused you with my reply, happy to explain more but perhaps you could ask again what isn’t clear?
  4. This has to be a red flag warning one for an 800, load of photo's of screen shots, could be from any 800. some photo's of an Incognito board, but not a single picture of the 800 itself. In the description he says:- **Some cracks in the casing have been fixed and it's structurally sound. These are around the back so not really noticeable at all. Usual light blemishes and scratches marks consistent with a 40 year old vintage computer. Price has been reduced from my usual asking price to reflect this** I suspect the "some cracks" are more serious than he's saying, not worth the risk for £399.99 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176340555289?
  5. This is BTW the reason, Space Invaders speeds up (the arcade version). The less monsters, the quicker.
  6. That... Is seriously disturbing! Good find (and conversion)
  7. Who knows, there may be more posts. Yar guess is as good as mine. In the other threads, some interesting points. I may listen to that audio that was posted as well to get some additional insight.
  8. @DZ-Jay Thanks for the detailed answer! Now I got it
  9. I agree with this too. I had a Game Gear and I thought it was awesome. Playing Shinobi and Mortal Kombat on it seemed amazing to me at the time. I think I still have it buried in the house somewhere I just came across some cartridges in a box, so I'm guessing the GG is also somewhere in the back of a closet.
  10. Great news! Thanks Just to add about generator folder to everyone that you can just copy the generator folder to beta9 version from one of the older versions as that hasn't changed.
  11. Y'know, now that we've seen what you can do with Warlords, we may have to ask to see what you can do with AI for your version of Asteroids. 😀
  12. Today
  13. Anybody have one for sale? I had one many mines ago. Sold it. I then went to ST and got the ST version. Still have it to this day. Just want the 8-bit version to relive and add voice to basic programs like I did back in the day. Thanks!
  14. Since JoSch is no longer on AtariAge, you might ask in the RespeQt Discord channel.
  15. I use a Unijoysticle2 with a Dualsense. The Box needs external USB Power (not on C64 but the 2600+ fails to provide enough power on the joy ports). It conects via extension cables to both joystick ports and the controller via Bluetooth. You can either connect two controllers or one and press a button for enhanced mode (Port 1 left stick, Port 2 right stick). The original version works fine but is not sold anymore, the new versions are special per system: https://retro.moe/unijoysticle2/ Pin 5 and 9 on the joy port are used for paddles and in different ways for A/B, 2nd, 3rd buttons on A7800, C64, Amiga, 800XL The C64 Version supports 2nd and 3rd button on C64. They function as A/B on my real 7800 but on the 2600+ yout get continues fire presses, so it can't be used. The 800XL version has got this problem even on a real 7800. The A500 version I don't know, could check how the 2600+ reacts to my Joystick in Amiga mode🤔 In the pic you see my working setup.
  16. For A Bug's Lynx, during the speed coding, as the game was becoming faster and faster when you eat the gems, I stacked them on the same position. Was a bit crap, but I guess it was a nice 3AM workaround
  17. That's OK. Looks like Mr. Sujano will keep us in the loop. Very cool!
  18. Just enabling people to plug in their 8bitdo, Playstation, or Xbox controller and use the analog sticks for those specific games should be more than enough, and easy to accomplish via an update. No reason to get any physical hardware out there or fragment the userbase.
  19. With the successful conclusion of our sister show, the Commodore LA Super Show, the Pacific Commodore Expo NW is gearing up for June! We have listed more presentations / guests, more exhibits, more door prizes! Keep up with the latest at http://www.portcommodore.com/pacommex Truly, Robert Bernardo organizer - Pacific Commodore Expo NW
  20. With the successful conclusion of our sister show, the Commodore LA Super Show, the Pacific Commodore Expo NW is gearing up for June! We have listed more presentations / guests, more exhibits, more door prizes! Keep up with the latest at http://www.portcommodore.com/pacommex Truly, Robert Bernardo organizer - Pacific Commodore Expo NW
  21. With the successful conclusion of our sister show, the Commodore LA Super Show, the Pacific Commodore Expo NW is gearing up for June! We have listed more presentations / guests, more exhibits, more door prizes! Keep up with the latest at http://www.portcommodore.com/pacommex Truly, Robert Bernardo organizer - Pacific Commodore Expo NW
  22. I don't know. It's already a mirecle™️ pdubs only created one... Regarding the lack of connection with the original game, it's not that surprising to me and I think we will see more of this from Atari in the future. As we discussed before many times, Atari franchises didn't evolve regularly like Nintendo ones did. So it's very difficult to envision what would a Yars' Revenge game look like in 2024 if other games in the series had regularly been released for the past 40 years... It would have probably evolved quite a lot from the OG, great but basic formula, even though I agree it wouldn't be a Metroid-like. That's why I'm not entirely positive about the game; WayForward just picked the genre they master the most (or Atari asked them to), which is a bit lazy imho. And it was done to death, so I'm personally not excited at all, especially since I don't like the anime style either. WayForward is a talented developer but I don't like everything they've done. But using Advance Wars as an example is dumb since it's a remaster; the content is basically unchanged from the original Intelligent Systems games, and only the art style is new. It's OK to dislike it, but it really corresponds to WayForward's style so there's no reason they might have "improved" since, on the contrary.
  23. The 9901 interrupt pin was an interesting gotcha too... I accidentally turned on interrupts on the joystick left line when I added the SID Blaster support to Super Space Acer. I didn't realize it was interrupts until I asked ArcadeShopper to try it and he reported that it lit up the PEB. Basically, I was turning on the SID blaster by writing to the keyboard column select at CRU 24. But, I accidentally wrote >24. The result was holding left would freeze the game while the console ROM tried to figure out which DSR asked for an interrupt. Since Classic99 didn't support 9901 pin interrupts, there was no real help there. >24 is 36, but the CRU pin space is only 32 bits long, and Classic99 also wasn't wrapping the address around in that space like it was supposed to. (Bit at address 4 is joystick left.) Soooo.. those two changes to the 9901 code came out of my needing several days to figure that out. Though it's kind of neat to know that yes, joystick and keyboard inputs can trigger interrupts.
  1. Load more activity