All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah, he's always made the ROM available for download for the 8-bit computers and 5200; he just charged for physical copies (and a modest price at that). I imagine he would want to charge a fee to Atari for it to appear on their commercial product, though.
  3. The audio input has not been done successfully. I had an ADC onboard but it was too noisy. The others work.
  4. 27 games if you have a VCS 800 Classic Joystick.
  5. Nice writeup, Brad! I recently had a go at this as well, and did not have the success you did. I did not do everything that you did, so I will go back and try it when I get some time. When I received my keyboard, only one key worked. Now, most of the keys work but there are few that do not. Of the ones that do work, there are many that need debouncing. That is, when I press a key once, I get 4 - 5 characters on screen. My research found a lot of the same fixes as described in your post, but I did find one other possible fix. 1. Max's video, which heats the mylar with a heatgun. I tried this but it had no effect for me. 2. Cleaning the carbon pads with alcohol. I did this and it certainly improved things for me. 3. Fixing the traces on the keyboard and mylar. I did not do this, but will go back and do so. 4. Making the keys stiffer, using some heat shrink. I tried this but don't have the right sized heat shrink, and gave up on it. Here's the video: I think that over time, a lot of things can degrade on this model keyboard. Each keyboard may have its unique failure points; so a particular fix for one keyboard might not resolve issues with a different keyboard.
  6. Can we keep this thread to my developments please. The MiSTer port is not one of mine.
  7. There is a bit of a price war story here https://oldcomputers.net/ti994a.html
  8. Got mine two hours ago. Up till now i can say: -Emulation must be an old Version of Atari800 as the sound is not good -But seems not be the standard Libretro Core as i could play Bosconian and GTIAblast with it (both 512K Games) -Cartridge Files from USB must have a Header. -As for 5200 Emulation: Kangaroo and Pole Position, i had Issues with the Joystick. Both not Playable. Have not tested Asteroids yet. -Often i have a strange buzzing noise, when emulation starts. But not with all games. But all in all, i like it very much, still there is room for improvement.
  9. Found some time to test today. The extended-time bonus is working correctly now and it has made the game even more challenging. It took many tries before I was able to get 2500 points. Came as close as 2,495 a couple of times, before finally breaking through. Loving the challenge.👍
  10. I wasn't aware the ROM was available, but thank you for bringing up this excellent point about licensing revenue for the developer.
  11. I hope you enjoy it! If you have anything good to say, please post it here. If not, please just email me
  12. What? Montezuma's Revenge on the 2600 is great. Do the other ports have more to them, sure, but that in no way makes the 2600 version less great. Does 2600 Pitfall II: Lost Caverns suffer because it does not have the second level? No, it is still a great game.
  13. The NTSC color burst frequency is 315/88 = 3.579545MHz. I have used 3.579545MHz in every Atari I have ever had to change a crystal in, including an 800XL I serviced last month. The error in frequency from what is written in the manual is .00003MHz, which is within the NTSC color burst tolerance. Even Console5 uses them as a replacement for 2600 and 800XL. https://console5.com/store/atari-2600-ntsc-color-crystal-oscillator-c015510-replaces-3-579575-mhz.html Since the NTSC color burst appears to be the issue in question, I would try using the exact NTSC color burst frequency and see what the results are.
  14. I think I prefer 'by publisher'. That otherwise there are too many games, it's that paradox of choice. Too many options makes it less attractive. But, say, if Activision released some weird games that's more interesting because it's part of the story of the company. PUBLISHER->YEAR->GAME,GAME,GAME -- like that. Maybe there are some ambiguous ones that make this a pain, I know Mame has Publisher sorting and it's a little messy with all various mashups of companies.
  15. There is nothing mandatory in the retro gaming marketplace. If someone feels they can make a profit building an FPGA device then they will. If they don't think it is worth the effort and expense then they won't. Many manufacturers have found software emulation devices to pencil out for them financially where as an FPGA device did not. If you would like an FPGA device you have two options. Build one yourself or pay someone else to design and build it for you. Just my observation and opinion of course.
  16. What I always ask myself with pictures like these: Is the Mini really 1:2 scale? It looks even smaller to me ... Can you give a reliable indication?
  17. The ROM is available; but what I think he means is, for it to be included in a commercial product like this, there must have been some licensing involved, which should have meant exchange of funds for the developer ( @Bryan ).
  18. I'd prefer it over a speak hat, I can tell you that much. Next up, Skylar remix record! Wha-wha-wha-wha-where-where did you learn to fly? Green face printed on the vinyl.
  19. I have absolutely no need for a third Eclaire, but depending on cost you know I am going to want to buy one. I say we call it the Eclaire3
  20. I've installed UGV's in many of my XEs and 800XLs. (XE's benefit greatly as in my experience with stock PAL XE video circuits they ain't the best. This is a bonus alongside the Vgate functionality. I believe Sophia2 has Vgate functionality too(?) See here: I am in the UK and buy them from a very reputable Ebay seller for £15. Bargain. All you need is a socketed GTIA chip and a few wires and you can hook it up to the existing Din5 Bear in mind this was the first time I had installed one and these days I do it in a far neater way than in that post heh heh.
  21. Not sure. They did continue to sell off units in South America for a while after sales stopped in North America. I had a chance to at one time buy up the inventory at the Canadian warehouse in Markham after geo services wanted to empty out their warehouse I went there in the late 80s got a complete inventory list and was working out the financial details but sadly my NIT corporation investors out voted me at the board meeting, I never found out what happened to all that Canadian inventory if they found another buyer in America for it or stored it somewhere else instead of just scrapped it in the end.
  22. @zzip, yeah I read up on techniques to make it work, but decided not to go down that road. I don’t really need another PC, so PC mode is more of a novelty anyways that was taken care of with the external SSD method.
  23. Right. So I assume that rules out creating a DSR for it. Mind you I have zero understanding of how DSR's are set up and programmed outside of just a very superficial general concept. Is there a document somewhere that has a reasonable explanation of how one might create a DSR?
  1. Load more activity