All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Rustproofing. Rustproofing is the answer....
  3. @TZJB @Beeblebrox wonder if either of you could help w/a question about adapting sega joysticks to atari, or should I just open a specific thread? (I've read the many I could find about it, but can't get the 8bitdo retro BT dongle + (x 2) 8bitdo nor an Switch Pro controller(s) to work; they pair, but no stick nor button presses register. I'll post some picks of my adapter (for the dongle) and explain more if this is something you're interested in troubleshooting w/me. Thanks
  4. Turns out there is a style of fonts called "Small Caps" https://www.fontsc.com/font/tag/small-caps I have a book about the interurban railroad running from Ithaca to Auburn that uses a small caps font. That is the only time I have other seen that, other than on the TI99/4a. Actually, it seems odd to have to learn the alphabet twice, once for upper case, and once for lower case.
  5. From the look of it the switch was controlling a 16mhz booster the has probably been removed. Check https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=3825 It needs shifter pin 39 and supports a wire for gnd/vcc switching 8mhz/16mhz … so pink and yellow wires would have been soldered to the booster board, in your case the modder even added the led to show which speed was on. Given I don’t see the booster anymore you can just isolate the exposed wires end with electric tape and leave them be in case few years down the road you want to add a booster back in, or remove switch/led and wires to clean it up (but you will have holes in the back).
  6. Speaking only for myself, I expect to eventually die and I want my estate to realise as much money as possible from the sale of my assets. If grading games serves that purpose then so be it. (I have no family who will want to inherit my collection, and not enough years remaining to change that.)
  7. The music should fix itself once you make it to a new world. Alternatively, a quick and easy way to get the music back when using save states, is to hold down the select button and force the timer to expire. After you die, the current screen will restart with the correct music.
  8. That's tough. Game stuff is everywhere in the cities. I was really overwhelmed while I was there. If we did not have a local guide, I would have gotten lost in Kyoto or Tokyo, never to be seen again.
  9. What about 41256 ? Unfortunately, I must agree with you 😕 I found this post (and a topic) that deals with the same problem:
  10. The thing is that the Sid file should be using not many fancy SID features and located best in 1000-1fff memory. Not sure if Martin used that area.
  11. I have attached the "games.ini" file generated by your utility that fails to update the games database. games.ini
  12. Could you try with this, please? https://deepsid.chordian.net/?file=/MUSICIANS/G/Galway_Martin/Terra_Cresta.sid&subtune=1
  13. This would make a great title screen - the 1991 Psygnosis logo, in 52 colours. Stephen_Psygnosis1991.xex
  14. Hacker 3 colors: 74 plus src Atari8man_Hacker_3.xex
  15. If you use a label inside CVBasic it is added the prefix cvb_* For example, game_bitmaps becomes cvb_GAME_BITMAPS. CVBasic turns all names into uppercase. So maybe you need to provide these to your editor. I don't know about compatibility with the MSX/Coleco sprite editor. Maybe @Tony Cruise can test a little with CVBasic.
  16. Kudos for sticking with original controller but going the wrong way in those tight spots is just too rage inducing for me. I'll try to play more soon as I should be able to do well with the ps1 controller.
  17. Quantum Effect colors: 42 plus src Quantum mechanics is a fundamental theory in physics that describes the behavior of nature at and below the scale of atoms.[2]: 1.1  It is the foundation of all quantum physics, which includes quantum chemistry, quantum field theory, quantum technology, and quantum information science. Atari8man_Quantum Effect_.xex
  18. Wing Warriors: Sega Lord X on the Sega Card: Green Beret/Rush 'n Attack: Golden Axe with redrawn graphics: And finally, Chibi Akumas on how to program the SMS and Game Gear in Z80 Assembly:
  19. Pink Floyd Dark side of the Moon Colors: 42 The Dark Side of the Moon is the eighth studio album by the English rock band Pink Floyd, released on 1 March 1973 by Harvest Records in the UK and Capitol Records in the US. Developed during live performances before recording began, it was conceived as a concept album that would focus on the pressures faced by the band during their arduous lifestyle, and also deal with the mental health problems of the former band member Syd Barrett, who departed the group in 1968. New material was recorded in two sessions in 1972 and 1973 at EMI Studios (now Abbey Road Studios) in London. Atari8man_Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.xex
  20. Juno 1st (1BA) 25550 Doggone It! 21226 Meooow! 2 3430
  21. To be clear, this particular CHD game does work with the built-in retroarch as well as mame2003-plus. For those HUGE games previously referenced (with 12+gb CHD files), to even be considered would probably require a newer mame libretro build like 0.262, but I haven't found one out there for linux-arm, and I'm sure the mame core alone would take quite some time to load, but dealing with a multi-gig chd, not so likely to be handled well on the GSP. I would expect to see "segmentation fault" errors like I do with the older build references.
  22. I got one of those Arcade1Up Star Wars machines. It's funny what you learn about the game by playing it so much, and/or doing more research, like I didn't realize the "do the trench run w/o firing until the end for bonus points" trick. One thing I wonder about is the layout and logic (and from there, best strategies) for the tower tops in the middle level. For a long while I didn't realize how they loop (I thought "destroy all tower tops" was basically impossible, not that you would get second chances) Also strategies for the trench run. I know some of it is pulling bullets to go where you don't need to be I dunno if it's sporting but I set it to easy and am seeing if I can finally beat OBI WAN's scores (I've beaten HAN twice)...
  23. it is recommended to use exFAT with GSP, but we've tested creating symlinks for using library files from the SD card, and that has worked... just established the links with a separate runme, but in the end did not serve the purposes I was looking for.
  24. Today
  1. Load more activity