All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I made a file called gamecontrollerdb.txt with the following lines of text: # Linux 050000007e0500000920000001000000,Nintendo Switch Pro Controller,a:b0,b:b1,back:b8,dpdown:h0.4,dpleft:h0.8,dpright:h0.2,dpup:h0.1,guide:b12,leftshoulder:b4,leftstick:b10,lefttrigger:b6,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightshoulder:b5,rightstick:b11,righttrigger:b7,rightx:a2,righty:a3,start:b9,x:b2,y:b3,platform:Linux, 03000000ff1100004133000010010000,PS2 Controller,a:b2,b:b1,back:b8,leftshoulder:b6,lefttrigger:b4,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightshoulder:b7,righttrigger:b5,start:b9,x:b3,y:b0,platform:Linux, I put it on the root of my usb stick and started up the 400 mini. The Switch Pro Controller was plugged into the first usb slot and the cx stick was plugged into slot 2. The Pro controller did not work on the menus or after I started a game from the usb stick.
  3. OK. Once again downloaded, HSGPL-modified, installed and awaiting the corrected FBLOCKS file. Will the individual applications reside on the same block #'s?
  4. It's not free, just not needed while running an assembly program, at least based on @apersson850's memory map. It will need to be restored prior to returning to the host program.
  5. I didn't know there was a Prototype Super Game Gear for the Master System Starts at 8.22
  6. I seen a thread about it, But wasn't too active , via the Wiki What is everyone's Fav Game on the System that couldn't knock the NES off? I love Shooter, Even know I'm not that Good at it..Power Strike is one of them Also some Game Gear to Master System Conversions
  7. Thanks, I will look into this and see if I can get my Switch Pro Controller working with it.
  8. @reifsnyderb @scorpio_ny @Chrisa850 @olix OK....I just got back from running all of the following tests. Using a STOCK Atari 800XL (CO61851 Rev D) which had an original C061090, with composite out to a tube TV. This 800XL did NOT have chroma hooked up so I could not test svideo. Atari CO61090 Worked perfectly Mouser CY3DM 3 out of 5 produced color (2 rolling B/W), but was on the green side, even with a POT adjustment Mouser LFXTAL016962Bulk Worked perfectly Atari CO16010 Worked, but seemed to be on the green side, even with a POT adjustment Digikey MP036S B/W (original I had used in the Remake 800XL), but with 22pf on each leg, worked perfectly Digikey ECS-35-17-1X Worked perfectly Digikey ECS-35-17-4X Worked perfectly (This is used in the Atari NUC) Note: I did not want to pull the crystal from my Remake 800XL which is using a CO61090 for the test tonight.
  9. Other controllers made by Retro Games should work, otherwise it’s theoretically possible to configure virtually any USB controller like this: https://retrogames.biz/support/the400-mini/controller-configuration/
  10. Aargh! It has begun! While looking on eBay for R-Zone games I found a couple of the Tiger handhelds, so I thought I'd get them because they were cheap. I'm guessing it's because they were sports titles, but one of them is not on the Handheld Museum. I'm looking for the kinds that have a + pad and two vertical bar buttons. More pics if you want when they come.
  11. Thanks for listing 1K RainboX, but there is another entry "Rainbox" which can be removed since it is the same game. In the video, I call it "RainboX", but the official title is "1K RainboX".
  12. I'm tempted too, putting it on my watchlist. But have to pay medical and other bills, so don't know if I'll have the cash for a bit. Also need a good PEB, haven't had time to fix one yet.
  13. Today
  14. That's odd. I wonder if a re-flash of the firmware might fix it. Both the flicker and the colors not changing on the console.
  15. @magnusfalkirk Yes to what @Batchman said. I grew up with Atari, so I have an irrational love of playing games with Atari Joysticks! Also, the Atari flashbacks have the difficulty switches and now support paddles pretty well. I do a lot of experimenting with emulation on different devices, and IMO these Atari flashbacks do offer a very good experience for Atari 70's and 80's content. However, if I take a console on vacation with me it's usually the Legends Flashback just because it does support a ton more content and plays great with actual Sega (well aftermarket in my case) game-pads. On the Atari units we just made a big effort to restrict most of the sections to one-button content so that if you open up a game you can pretty much be guaranteed you can play with the one button stick. I'd bet with Nexus you have the biggest collection of one-button arcade games ever identified - if that's something to brag about. I still play Arabian sometimes - but then I clear my recently played list. LOL. Some sections (Gameboy) have never really been filled out even to that extent, and some of the newer sections were not filtered so carefully mainly because of time. I happen to really like Colecovision, so when the point was made that some games could be played better with the "up" hack I was sort of really into that idea. 🙂
  16. Yes, mine is really bad. I was able to get to the halfway point in Bruce Lee but every death was because the stick was not working right. So far I have not gotten any of my other controllers to be recognized by the 400 mini. Have you guys tried any other controllers?
  17. Whilst I am waiting for my GD to arrive from SAG I have been preparing and pondering. This made me think of the possibility to emulate the VLM using the GD. Maybe this was brought up before and I missed it? When I had purchased my Jaguar CD on launch, I had a pretty significant audio CD collection. I guess I was the oddball who enjoyed playing my albums through game consoles and I really dug Minter's VLM on this thing. I wonder if it would possible in the future to simulate it and play back CD audio disc images using the GD and experience it again. I am probably one of the few that would actually want to do such a thing, but man would that be cool!
  18. Ok. So a bit of an update. Two 8040's received and tested in my XF551 just to make sure they wee ok. They tested fine. Tried in the board I built up with no joy. The floppy powers up and heads move but when connected to the Atari and turn on, the Atari makes a "squirting" noise and goes to desktop in about 2 seconds. Very quick. I tried moving jumpers, etc. and got a bit frustrated. Decided to build up a second board. So bored built. The WD1172PH, 8040 and ROM are all good as tested on XF551. Two green power LEDs. Looking good so far. Turn on Atari - "squirt" noise and at ready prompt in 1-2 seconds. If I move the drive ID number I get the unit making the normal bumble bee sound when no drive is connected. So I now have two completed boards with virtually the same issue. What's the next testing step? Oh, I'm collecting a clock crystal tester tomorrow to make sure I'm getting the right speed.
  19. Yes, of course. However it would take hardly any effort to have it tolerate higher current and just draw what it needs. I have many other low wattage devices that just care about the minimum current. Some people won't even *have* 1A output USB and it's not included as part of the package.
  20. @Frank1969 I moved to Retrobat. But batocera should work very similar (bios, roms, rpk all the same). Try the retroarch/libretro as emulator (you can configure it per game) Or try mame64 as emulator. That might give the crash.
  21. https://alan-1.com/product/pre-order-asteroids-2-player-cabinet/ https://alan-1.com/product/pre-order-asteroids-3-player-cabinet/
  22. Terminator 001 Another one in resolution 168 x 240! not many colors (still more than C64 has!) palette: real.act The blacker image is from emulator (Atari800 in PAL) other image is output.png GravityWorm_Terminator001.xex
  23. The orphan chronicles on internet archive of R. Albright is a good read. And home computer wars (more on commodore).
  24. Well yeah.. it says on the unit underside it needs 5V 1A, therefore, it er.... needs 5V 1A.
  25. Pitfall is undeniably a source of inspiration when thinking about creating a new platform game for the Atari 2600. The problem is creating something unique and original without going against these classic inspirations, but let's try. As much as possible, I'll try to eliminate the classic element and replace it with something different, like the bridge, obviously inspired by Adventure.
  1. Load more activity