All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Here my kids playing the favourite game of my daughter.
  3. I see your caveman and raise you
  4. In case anyone didn't get where they got the idea with small capital letters from: I've used a character set with true lower case letters, descenders included, for years, and it works fine. Much better than the original. It's only if a "g" happens to be right above an "A" or similar that they touch. Happens rarely enough for the advantages to be more important.
  5. It does seem impossible sometimes when the balloons drop on either side of the screen at the same time.
  6. I scanned the Sonny X'Press prototype cartridge label today, and added it to the scans page. That is all. *burp* On a truly unrelated note: I was recently on vacation in New Zealand. While there I contacted every arcade I could, just to ask one simple question: “Do you have the game The NewZealand Story?” They answered with a resounding NO. Throwing my hands up in the air in disbelief, I bellowed, “Then what's the point of even having an arcade?!” This world makes no sense. www.diskman.com/presents/supervision/scans.htm
  7. Are the FPGAs part of what the board manufacturers supply (for reasonable prices) and can therefore be mounted already in the fab?
  8. So I tried burning these ROMs to 2 x 128kb EPROMS and installed in my Mega ST 4. No boot. Note I already have a 2 ROM TOS 1.02 so I figure it's just a replacement right? Has anyone got a working version of split 2.06 TOS fo rhe Mega ST 4?
  9. I noticed that your Barnstorming patch letter is a replica. It doesn't say so on the Barnstorming button.
  10. Well since it's on sale right now the Encore is only 55 bucks (54.99) plus 4.99 shipping is $60 (59.98) so I figured I might as well get the more advanced one so lateron I won't be kicking my self and saying "why didn't I just pay the extra 20 bucks for the more advance one" if a new game comes out that is more that 32k. Also the firmware update process is easier, just copy the update file to the root of your SD Memory Card and inset it into the Harmony Encore cart and then the Atari and power it on, no more need to use the USB Cable.
  11. Today
  12. https://www.atarimania.com/list_utilities_atari_search_84.111.115.32.50._S_U.html for many TOS versions and languages then split with ROMSPLIT as found at https://atari.8bitchip.info/astopensw.php I am not sure the Mega non STe already have the required address decoding for a 256KB TOS .... actually you may need specific decoding logic
  13. Mr Proper is only a Demo btw. Impressive visuals though.
  14. might be helpful to show sdrive max settings and what you have in the drive slots. make sure screen saver is off, any speeder should be off, long file names off POST your atr so it can be checked to see what you are using and what combination DOS/xex etc.
  15. Awesome story. I do wonder if Atari has ever tried to contact Al Lewis's estate to see if they could license his likeness. Fame may suck, but you could tell me your real name and I would have no idea who you are.
  16. I had a thought, are you loading the xex programs from dos?
  17. Thank you so much for playing Pac-Line 2600, so glad you enjoy it! 🙂 - James
  18. In the upper right hand corner, where it says "Intellivision," they show an artist's rendition of the Atari 2600 version, not the Intellivision version. I guess they wanted the people buying it to think it was similar to their Atari version? I don't know.
  19. Hahah, you're welcome, it was a lot of fun playing Destroyer 7800 on ZPH! The cats are really the stars of the show. 😉 - James
  20. Since the Jaguar is unarguably the best console, you must not be using it properly. Though I'm for sure beating a dead horse here, have you tried playing with the Jaguar sitting in your lap, such that your nostrils inhale the generated fumes in a more concentrated fashion? The controller also becomes more awesome once you become very good at holding it in a different manner for each game that utilizes the keypad, such that you can utilize that game's preferred arbitrary overlay layout. E.g., if you can't play with it resting on your knee at an angle such that you can do an extra fast turn by holding down A+C while performing a flawless first-attempt weapon switch on the keypad while strafing a few tanks and helicopters using the advanced steering/control mode, you're probably still stuck on Level 1 of Iron Soldier 2, just like me. Note this is a level the only strategy guide I'm aware of for this game refers to as "an easy warm-up to get your feet wet," while the next mission's description begins by saying 'Time for a "real" mission!' FML.
  21. My first ever acting gig was a small role in a movie with Al Lewis. I remember sitting at the table with him for hours, both waiting to do our scene - we were waiting until the wee hours. He was a lovely, lovely guy. He offered me chewing tobacco. I was 14! Haha. He told me he never watched anything he was in, I was fascinated by that but now I understand it. I was a huge Munsters fan so it was so cool to be able to spend that evening with him and then even be in a scene with him! Al said to the other folk we were with "You watch this boy, he'll be famous in a year". It was 18 months later that I landed a core cast role in a TV show that still runs to this day. I was in it for 13 years and I literally couldn't go anywhere in NZ without being recognised (fame sucks, btw). Al was only 6 months off. Haha. And now I'm a poor game dev... RIP Al Lewis. Such a legend. I need to play this game now...
  22. Just watched the show. Thank you for including my game. Awesome watching you both play, really a great feeling watching people enjoying a game you made. I have to say though, my favorite part was when your cat was sitting propped up against the wall. I laughed out loud at that. Thanks again.
  1. Load more activity