All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Just to complete the info - Sophia 2 also has the vgate option, but also does not always cut everything I'd imagine to be cut. Another example to test, One screen I remember where I could imagine vgate in action is the PoP title screen. And another one is IK EE.
  3. Ideally 1080p and higher is needed for scan lines, gives the ability to show adaptive scan lines, where the brighter the video, the more compressed together are the dark scanlines. Then there’s emulating the shadow mask for another level of realism. probably requires more cpu time to do the video filtering than to emulate the 2600.
  4. Ah yes, it's very intentional. Allows you to bring more tones and potentially colours into a portrait, and works really well for skin tones in my experience. If you view that particular image on a good CRT it looks great. I can't take credit for the practice of creating a destination image in RC, then stopping and restarting the conversion, using it as the source image. But I think I have added to the process by ramping up the dithering twice, hence the double dithering. Like all RC images it's all about experimenting. There is no right or wrong. Just experimentation to see what works with individual images. Double dithering won't work with all images. I am really glad that ilmenit is getting back into his amazing creation, and that the likes of Sheddy and Drpeter, etc are contributing. RC is such a game changer and so many people are hooked. I've been hooked for a good 3years, and the images Atari8man2004 is constantly generating is are amazing, as well as others of course. The fact we have RC images in international karate RCX, and hopefully we'll see them in other games, is fantastic.
  5. My Auto Racing Update: Track 2 - Tan Car - 6:19 (UPDATED) Track 3 - Red Car - 7:26 Track 4 - Green Car - 9:33 (UPDATED) Total Time Elapsed = 23 minutes and 18 seconds...
  6. The CC3 doesn't support Mattel/Ecs type bankswitching. It does have it's own type of bankswitching. If you look at the rom file it created, you might find that it is significantly smaller than the source. That's because it drops the paged rom sections.
  7. I will test your file! My comment was primarely based on the libretro 800 core used in the Gamestation Pro and many homebrew images for various systems like the Flashback 10. That one sounds awfull compared to the 400 mini.
  8. Scanlines are difficult to do and get perfect. Different TV's/resolution. For instance, I prefer playing carts on my retron 5 with no filters and scanlines. My Evercade, definitely scanlines off. Atari 2600 games no. 7800 games probably would benefit.
  9. Hey Anthony, I have been meaning to chime in! Congrats on the thread anniversary! 1403 pages and 10 years is quite an achievement as well as a testament to how much the Neo-Geo is loved
  10. Making Lemonade, my 1.0 boards had a mistake which I was able to salvage and turn into the INTV to Flashback adapters.. lol These 2.0 boards were corrected and function as needed for property Flashback to INTV conversion.
  11. My First Bomb Squad Entry, It had been so long I had to re-memorize the overlay. Remember, I don't use overlays EVER. I memorize them... Also it's key to note that if you are playing a 3 digit code game. You have to press '2' to jump to the 2nd code number and '3' to jump over to the 3rd code number. I forgot this and lost atleast a minute of time trying to remember how to get to the other code numbers. Lol I kept pressing the disc in that direction. It didn't work... So hopefully on my next go-around I will be more seasoned, resulting in a better score..... 👍 BOMB SQUAD - LEVEL 3:1 - 7,400 My secret 3 Digit Code Number was [2-0-1] BY THE WAY - I'M A HERO!!!! 😜
  12. I have a lot of original released N64 games. Are there any homebrews on physical cart worth buying? 🤔
  13. The PCBs I needed have arrived so I'm happy to report we now have the Flashback to Intellivision adapters now. These are much like the flashback to Intellivision cables I created and will be depreciating, but are more compact and snuggly fit inside the Sears Super Video Arcade, and also work with the INTV II (with adapter cable) https://www.etsy.com/listing/1704689405/flashback-to-intellivision-controller Contact me directly though if you'd like to save a few bucks.
  14. I guess it's just a very very slow day at work
  15. This is @Retrospect somtimes: I totally feel that.
  16. I remember. You use this technique a lot. Oh. I did not get it. Now I understand you did that on purpose. I thought you just used very low quality source images, overexposed and noisy. But my observations are not valid I still need to see Rasta Converter pictures on a real CRT... I'm planing to visit a local 8 bit computers museum... There are at least two in my area...
  17. I was having a tantrum. Stamping my feet. I'm over it now but if you wanna take me up on it fine.
  18. He has been showing up more lately- In the game Atarimania, and also in the new Food Fight game that's in early access (Bentley manages the arcade)
  19. I don't exactly remember what the issue was with Denise, but I think it just ran poorly. Maybe I should boot it up again and see. I update my emulator setup every year during the snowy months and always try out new emulators that come along and add them if they are decent. Vice does annoy me at times, and I'd love a good alternative but I've yet to find one. Part of the issue with Denise is there's very little documentation, and no real community to help. But I feel like that's the way many of these newer projects have been heading unfortunately.
  20. The Atarimax SD supports both .a52 and .bin format ROM images, so you should be covered there. One other thing it supports are .hyb (hybrid) images, which consist of a ROM image plus a data file that is loaded dynamically as needed. This lets games like AtariBlast! access a full 1MB of data on a machine with no external storage. AFAIK, hybrid images are specific to the Atarimax SD; I don't believe anything else supports them. Not a big deal in practice, though.
  21. So I thought to change the Fujinet Divisor, but I didn't change U1MB. Of course, now that I have, it is working fine. You should add "Award Winning Technical Support" to the list of TLW accolades. Thank you!!!
  22. Hi guys, Pix’n Love Games @pixnlove_games Get ready to fight! The gorgeous KOF XIII GM Collector's Edition for #NintendoSwitch & #PS4 is currently shipping. 12:20 PM · Mar 28, 2024 Anthony...
  23. If this trend had had a clearly defined win-or-lose target, it could make for new type of game. Quarrelum:Recharged Tempest 8-Billion or quite simply Insta-Berzerk would also work as good titles. - - - Not sure, however, that any inflamatory intent really went on here. May be just the way people communicate after skipping around from digital platform to digital platform… having strong opinions. We can use it to discuss technical details if we really want to show maturity. What is the average lag-time on the worst vs best emulators? If we go by 1) stating system used and 2) measure it in nanoseconds? Anyone?
  24. Hi guys, ArielAces the ToyMaker @ArielAces The Future is NOW! These Neo Geo #Holo3DFX™ #TapTo decals came out – going to try these out on some black NFC cards. The colors and richness of the cover art looks so badass! #MiSTerFPGA #MiSTer 1:05 PM · Mar 28, 2024 Anthony..
  25. Yeap.. I don't use it all the time but I've gotten quite a few good deals (I feel) doing it. I use Buyee.jp as my proxy service to browse and bid etc. The auction I won for my controller as an example was about $30 shipped. It does have some small scuffs on it that was shown accurately in the pics of the auction. Aside from that little bit of cosmetic flaw, the controller works great! So that is one suggestion for something like that and if you use a proxy service like Buyee, or Sendico, then you can save some money that way vs eBay.
  26. DSR_spec_for_ti994a_PC_V2_0_03_28_1983.pdf
  1. Load more activity