All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Of those three, I like the Lockjaw label the most for some reason. The other two labels a good too though.
  3. Well. The Furnace Tracker version is not so out of tune anymore. tia_EasterBoogie.fur EasterBoogie.mp3 And I also have a binary for 2600. Player_NTSC.a26
  4. Hot take: Lost luggage is better than Kaboom!💁🏻😋 (I don't really like Kaboom!).
  5. I am trying to trim down what I have laying around here. The Forth booklet exists in both digital and printed form, which this is though nicely bound (I actually have another copy which is not bound.) Same with the Terminal Emulator protocol booklet. Cover USPS Media Mail shipping and you can have it.
  6. Hello, I'm having an odd issue related to an Apple IIe computer and multiple DuoDisk drives and controllers. Here are my symptoms: 1. Using Controller #1 and DD #1, I can boot from drive A (D1), but get an I/O Error if I try to access drive B (D2). 2. Using Controller #1 and DD#1, I can connect D2 to D1's connection points on the internal PCB, and can boot from what was drive B just fine (rules out the drive) 3. I swapped the controller card for another that is known to be good and I repeat steps 1 & 2 above with exact same results. (rules out controller card?) 4. I swapped DD#1 with DD#2 using controller #2. I repeated steps 1 & 2 above and get exact same results. 5. I swapped Controller #2 with #1 and repeated steps above with both DD drives and get the same results. At this point, I get the same results, regardless of the hardware I'm using. So, I probed my cable. I get great continuity on all pins based on the pinout found online (rules out cable?). I'm BRAND NEW to Apples, as this is my first Apple computer and have only had it for a few weeks. At this point, I have no idea how to try to troubleshoot the issue with using any floppy drive as D2 on any hardware. Suggestions are VERY welcomed! Further details: DuoDisk part numbers are both A9M0108 (though the PCBs inside the DD are different) Both DD serial numbers are above 500000 One DD PCB has part # 676-0107 and the other has 676-_102 (the '_' indicates a white screen print area where someone should have written an appropriate value) Both IO Controllers are 655-0101 and show no damage None of the DD internal wires show damage. I appreciate any guidance you can provide! James
  7. I have these in my collection. I have couple of blue label Apollo somewhere as well.
  8. The screenshots do all appear to be from the same monitor (the bezel looks the same) but yeah the high cost of a trashed 800 with an incognito in it to cover "the very high ebay fees I have to pay for a sale" which they mention three times is laughable. The fact they mention "Some cracks in the casing have been fixed and it's structurally sound." but show no pictures of them, I'd not go anywhere near this. 20 quid shipping for an 800 is way too low for something so fragile, they probably got it cracked because the psu smashed into the 800 in transit and they are going to use the same level of care shipping it back out again. "No returns"... nope!
  9. Love the SONY CRT and your clock radio. Sorry to interrupt the thread everyone.
  10. He's using MADS, strings in double quotes are screen bytes, single quotes produce Atascii strings
  11. Also interested in figuring out the core removal stuff. I'm subscribed to the big 3 youtube news channels, but somehow it flew under my radar. I do remember when the 2600 core went obsolete, update_all didn't remove it. not only that but I just checked, and somehow I now have 3x 2600 cores...and the 7800 one. @awbacon which video did I skip to miss the drama?
  12. If you do ditch your 7800 system you should also think about ditching those Awesome Actiplaque Cartridges you relabeled and send them my way HaHa!
  13. Those were my attempts at the four elements: earth (tree) fire (firework) water (waves) and a air (supposed to be a cloud). I'm glad you enjoyed the Jr version. Thank you!
  14. You're close but per the comic book, the Yars/Razakians came from a crashed ship and space radiation, they weren't sent up into space as some kind of experiment. They were an accident. Not that this is a huge deal or anything as we're arguing over a 40+ year old game's lore. Again, so far this feels like WayForward is interjecting the YR story into something else they had been working on. Perhaps not and I'm wrong. That's just the impression so far. No need to bend over backwards to defend a game none of us have played yet. Regardless Rising's genesis, it's silly to claim that what WayForward is doing is the ONLY "logical and fitting gameplay idea" as 1) Rising appears to be a prequel, not a sequel. 2) Just the comic book & game itself provides plenty of lore for in-universe sequels - what happens after Yars exacts his revenge and saves Razak III? Shouldn't there be other Qotile aliens in the galaxy? Might they attack again? Are they attacking other planets/solar systems? Is there a reason behind all that, if so, what is it? Do the Yars go on the warpath to ensure that another Razak IV event never happens again or do they sit around in fear waiting for another attack to happen? There are many "logical and fitting" ways you could go with that that don't somehow involve a human hacker on Earth fighting against an evil human corporation. I'd say that's less intuitive and "fitting" to the story, just on its face. In fact, yet another evil corporation doing evil things is just as tired a cliche as an evil alien race invading planets at this point. Perhaps you work for WayForward or you're a WF shill, but sounds to me like you're projecting. They just as easily could have already had a concept for their MV-style game where you played a mini-game as a part of the hacking component (most hacking elements of video games are just mini-games anyways, so is that really "genius?"), so when the Yar license came along, it became "well, scrap the one we had, put in the OG Yar instead." Maybe it is a sequel in that case although that doesn't really explain how any of the lore ties together or how the Yar/Razaks ended up back on Earth to imbue random humans with super powers. None of that comes from the comic. Again, I'll give the game a chance and perhaps I'll really enjoy it. But you popping into the forums out of nowhere and making these absolutist statements about how they can only make the sequel in this way is a bit absurd.
  15. Excuse my ignorance... is it possible to configure a USB joystick with the emulator?
  16. Here's my Apollo collection. Sadly two of them are missing end labels, otherwise they are in good condition.
  17. Ladies and gentlemen, I've finally done it this morning! Blasted through 100k! First game, sat down with my coffee blurry eyed... and only got a good drink of it after this game! This was the best run I've had with Scramble and the score would have been much higher (130k+) if I collected everything along the way. I tend to not do that because it involves really hugging the ground and flying forward a lot which is riskier. I made it to the end of the 3rd maze level with 5 lives, but died exiting too low! I typically avoid nudging the ship in these tight areas because it can lead to going too far and crashing into the opposite side. That said, it restarted me at the Enemy Base level with 4 lives so no worries! I died on something stupid on the Mountains level, and then made it to the Caverns with the next life and ran out of fuel... now with 2 lives, made it through the caverns. At this point the vector gods of randomness were smiling down upon me because I breezed through the Flameoids/asteroids level without any trouble and ran out of fuel during the End City. Restarting the End City with 1 life remaining, I just barely made it to the maze for the 4th time now... and MADE IT THROUGH the hardest maze level for a second time (or would you consider this the first... I dunno... semantics!)... this time not getting hung up on anything at the end. HOWEVER... ran out of fuel right at the top of the Enemy Base level. I already had well over 100k+ by this point, so with one life remaining I focused on not missing any fuel, but it ran out so fast you can see where I died trying to get the fuel there in the Mountains level. 112,370
  18. https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/04/the-processor-used-in-pac-man-is-being-discontinued-48-years-after-it-launched Just popped up on my phone. Cool, but 48 years later? It should of been like 40 some years ago.
  19. That's a tough one... Me personally, the red label.
  20. I like E.T. you most definitely have to read the manual thou. This game deserves more love. Unfair to say it caused the video game crash. What crashed the video game industry was a lack of quality control, poor quality games, and market confusion.
  21. Good to see! I must admit, I do like the font on the red version of Space Cavern. Space Chase's font is cool too.
  22. I am glad I got the red one, as it is the same style like my Space Chase cart, even that is blue😅
  23. Today
  24. Hi Paul, another great game from you! Works perfectly on my PAL 7800 + 7800 GameDrive.
  25. Haha. Yes! It was different. I have quite a few Apollo games, even the dreaded Skeet Shoot, which I think is... OK. It's nowhere near as bad as it's reputation. It actually seems to me that a lot of the 'terrible' games are not as bad as people would have you believe... I do admit I do like a crap game sometimes so maybe it's just me. Perhaps I should share my Apollo collection in a photo too.
  1. Load more activity