All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. My question: how long does it take for Windows 95 to load on that thing? I'd rather run DOS or Windows 3.1 programs on there.
  3. The way that people talk about not being able to unsee something or require eyebleach is really amusing.  Right up to the point where you view something for yourself that nobody should ever have to.

Evil is real and the people who practice it do not deserve breath.

4. Gamemoose

Yars Rising

The game play kinda reminds me of "Shadow Complex".
  5. Why not use your extensive familiarity with this specific process to handle it yourself? It sounds as though you are more than capable of doing so. Seriously... Don't be the guy who does this. It's like listening to someone drone on about why they use Linux exclusively.
  6. Gonna go out on a limb here. The story of a bugged release is ringing bells in my head. Really distant ones of the "I heard this as a kid" variety, but it's definitely not the first time I've heard this stated. That's about as far as I'm willing to go with it, however. More than happy to hear from anyone with supporting evidence, or even evidence to the contrary. It's just not new news to me for one reason or another, though.
  7. First look at LEGO NASA Artemis Space Launch System set with 3,601 pieces! The unreleased set was spotted on a store shelf at the Taipei airport
  8. It could be useful to add a software section to your list as well. A great place to find pretty much any flavor of DOS you'd like to run is here: WinWorld Operating System Library And of course the MS-DOS software library on Archive.org: MS-DOS Internet Archive
  9. Added! This is going to be a "family friendly" list, okay?
  10. This, I think, is a very fair assessment of the overall picture. Both of these are games that I've owned at one time or another, and while I like both, they're not games that really engage the casual game players. If you put the time in to learn them, they're great - but there's more to both than the attract modes suggest, and building a following isn't really straightforward when nuance comes into play. That said, I can see exactly why they might not do well on location. Excellent games, but with appeal that pretty much requires players who are willing to spend time with them.
  11. Nice, Karl! I've got so many DOS PC's! I'll have to take the time to take some pictures and set a few more up that haven't been used for a while. It'll be fun to document all that and share pictures here once I take the time to do that. The Book 8088's are really cool. I've got two of them, one with CGA (version 1) and one with VGA (Version 2 with serial and parallel), and I added an 8087 to the CGA model. Both have an 8088 rather than the NEC processor. I've done some searching online and there are people who have modded them to use an external keyboard, something I may try to do in the future. There's also a resistor that can be swapped out to increase the brightness of the display. Definitely a cool hobbyist platform.
  12. So this is what we are getting thanks to the advanced tech of the Giga Cart. I probably won't buy this as I already own all three of those Tomb Raider titles for PS1. But I do think this is a good move for Evercade. Maybe the Giga Carts will give us Neo Geo games in the future like King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, Metal Slug, etc.
  13. Today
  14. Hi 9640News, I accessed my router through its mobile app and yes I am able to see the Pi in both WiFi and Ethernet cable. The Wifi connection shows up as "Unknown", but provides an IP address and appears to be working normally. The Ethernet connection shows up as "tipi" and possesses a different IP. I have tried using the Ethernet IP when trying to access the Pi but getting the same result unfortunately.
  15. Finishing touchup to my bare office walls, by adding today a colorful 99/4 marketing poster. "The Texas Instruments Home Computer gives you a tutor, an accountant, a librarian, a file clerk and a pro football team in your own home." What artworks should I add next to my office?
  16. [ Intellivision HSC Season 19 ] [ Game 12 ] Happy Trails Happy Trails by Activision 1982 Dag nab it! That mangy critter Black Bart's robbed the stagecoach from Culver City and all heck's broke loose. ROM Download Link https://archive.org/details/MattelIntellivision2014ReferenceSet-CompleteTosecRomCollection (Click on zip)(Then scroll down for Happy Trails.zip Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Happy Trails http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm High Score Club Record 181,406 gezkc - SET NEW RECORD +3 Game Setting GAME 1 (STANDARD MAZE) Game Scoring - +13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive. Join the "Activision Trailblazers" Score up to 40,000 and earn Activision Patch points [+2] "HAPPY TRAILING" Earn 20,000 and receive one point [+1] Contest Ends SUNDAY MAY 5TH 11:59:59PM EASTERN TIME (FINAL SCORES) Overall Rankings After Pole Position Games Won Sneak Preview: Bump 'N' Jump
  17. Possible IO conflict? Modem and speech synth would likely have used memory-mapped IO, likely on D6 or D7 pages. Though if done as PBI mapped devices maybe not. Some people have built 1400XLs though unknown if they're fully equipped.
  18. You would think that marketing team and their video guy would have looked over their stuff first. It was promoting their product. It really is just another testament to how poorly it was ran. It's like they needed to have more beer parties at the office. That might have fixed the issue.
  19. You can have it, Dopy. Shane doesn’t want it and Anthony already has an original copy. As long as you own a single-speed unit, the game will work fine. Free of charge, of course. if you can provide your shipping details via p.m. tonight, I’ll mail it out tomorrow.
  20. Yes, but it won't be as it's a pressure game.
  21. *UPDATE* Current Release: 3.0b8 Below please find links to download the latest beta release, for Windows, MacOS, and Linux platforms. Windows Installer (EXE) x64 Package (ZIP) ARM64 Package (ZIP) MacOS DMG Image (requires MacOS X 10.15/Catalina or later) Linux x64 Binary (TGZ, requires SDL2)
  22. On a related note, can you check for tiles near or colliding with a sprite? I presume VPEEK would be the way to go for this.
  1. Load more activity