All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. We've had similar discussions in other threads. The main problem I see is Adventure hasn't had any evolution over the years, so to drop a modern version it risks feeling too different or be packed too full of cringy fan-service. You don't get from Legend of Zelda to Tears of the Kingdom without a lot of steps in between. I'd personally like to see a new Adventure that uses an 8 or 16-bit pixel art style, keeps the familiar gameplay elements while expanding them. That seems like the next logical step and pixel art games are fairly popular these days.
  3. Sure..I thought it was just an early model...maybe they just used available components. I had been kind of wondering about the stickers and serial numbers though. No other systems were mentioned.
  4. I think Atari got everything that wasn't licensed from a 3rd party? (no Burgertime, Kool-aid man etc)
  5. I tried contacting them via their website. Haven’t heard back yet.
  6. Looking forward to this one. I really enjoy reading the GG for the Lynx. Great production quality!
  7. Tinkering is a tradition for Atari computer owners though I was never really convinced on this game from the trailers, I thought I might pick it up anyway, but $30 is a bit steep to take a chance. I'll pass for now. Atari seems to believe in the game though since they prominently featured it at Pax and what not and are charging a higher price than many of their other releases. Maybe if I see others having a blast with it, I'll get it.
  8. Not knowing how you installed the russian diodes, you are aware that they need to be placed int their locations with the black band reversed from an American diode correct? Not aware if this could be part of the issue, but maybe worth looking at.
  9. I find it funny that there are AIs in browsers now like Chromium (Edge/Chrome, etc) because the current iteration can give you info, but it still requires you to research the answers, and I don't think a lot of people understand this. So AI says something "factual", the human spreads it around, turns out it's false, but the answer is out there, and the AI will pick up that info in the future and run with it. Let's see what happens in 3 years when I re-ping this tread.
  10. No, you're not seeing things. There are Blue and Black (and one white) key switches. I'm using PETG - doesn't snap break like the PLA- and m3 nylon screws in the inserts. Currently printing all new adapters for the keys. The originals jus wouldn't stay on after a few dozen strokes. Almost like they wore down or the Kailh switch stretched. PLA adapters just never would fit right, either too big or too small. Maybe it's the hardness of the PLA that wouldn't give enough to snap in. The wires are some silicone multistrand jumpers I had around. I though "Flexibility" might be called for here. My next one will have a rainbow ribbon that I removed from the Frankenine version one keyboard. OBTW, after I took the picture I put some black tape on the wires where they cross the brace. The braces have a strip of Kapton tape on the back to insulate them from the PCB.
  11. Thanks for the info - to be clear I did have to run CFG1 and then load the ROS842 file and it asked if you wanted to keep the disk information - but it worked on getting the screen accurate and back to showing characters & numbers. On the problem with the new RAM disk board I decided to ‘Diode’ check the 1N34A’s and found a one reading too far out of range and sure enough it was cracked. I replaced it with the same type and I’m getting new results. Not to say I’ve got it resolved but the board moves along further in the Configuration program to allow Disk info to be made - it still won’t allow me to load a ROS because it lights the LED on turning the console on. It is recognizing ‘phantom’ boards again as GeneveROMpage items - further along or two steps back? I replaced each IC to see if there was an offending chip and none of the many ones replaced fixed the LED staying on. I started with the pair of LS244’s - both at the same time in the scheme of things it appears I am nearer to trying to get to a resolve with the HRD 4000B, but at the same time it appears to be back to detecting too many non existent Geneve ROMpage items as before. But it gets past the Configure screen with toggling the RAM cards on and off switch so I can access the floppy controller. IMG_3214.mov
  12. ST Mouse Alternatives This works well for USB mice: Atari-Quadrature-USB-Mouse-Adapter I also incorporated this chip into one of my projects CV-NUC+ to take the place of the roller-controller. I found that quite a few Logitech wireless mice functioned properly. And for those that don't wish to build there own, there's also the MouSTer.
  13. Yes, there are other companies. VGA was even doing it before WATA. Holder Comparison: VGA vs Wata vs CGC - Sealed & Graded Collecting - Video Game Sage Weighing in on the thread topic - I will never grade a game. It doesn't appeal to me, and I am not really concerned about the "value" of the games I own. I assume they are not a true investment and will not be a meaningful source of income. In fact, the work involved in cataloging them and selling them would likely outweigh their value - maybe. Getting them graded would make the time and cost of maintaining them as a collection even higher. It is not worth it to me. I don't really seek out boxed games anyway.
  14. The new graphics look very nice for just a mockup.
  15. Nothing wrong with being a Panther fan. I doubt they are going to lose 80 in a row or anything.... again.
  16. this will do what you need locations 88 and 89 hold the screen start address Simplify the code:- sc=peek(88)+peek(89)*256 for i:=0 to 959 do begin poke(sc+i,screendata[i]); end;
  17. minwah

Hera Primera

I haven't received mine yet, but email from Polyplay last September showed photos of manuals in both GCE & MB style, so I would think you should have had one.
  18. No tinkering this end. I have 5 Atari VCS's in at the moment all work just fine. I don't have the time to tinker with stuff these days either, the Atari VCS 800 just works. I turn it on and it boots into Atari OS and if i want i can boot it to PC mode for a huge library of games at my disposal to. Sure the out of the box experience can be hit or miss if the console will update or not without flashing but after that it really just works, if it doesn't work you should reach out to customer support. I would say his comment is troll like in nature, read it back. Everyone is entitled to there opinion of Lunar Lander Beyond of course but to the have an unnecessary dig at the Atari VCS 800 in the same thread is just uncalled for, there's a topic within this forum where you can yell and scream about how much you hate the Atari VCS just no need to try and do a double combo in the same topic. Anyway back to Lunar Lander Beyond 🙂
  19. Hi, I am just started with mad pascal I wanted to build a gr.0 screen and print that to the screen. So I did use the editor and create source code for mad pascal and added it to my code but I only get numbers. How can I reproduces the picture from the created array ? mygame.pas screen01.gr0
  20. Thanks.. The NAND is the small IC on the right of the rk3032 Soc CPU, its a Windbound W25Q256JW, the IC is used in PCs as the Bios chip too, its 265mb, its Nor Flash, https://www.winbond.com/hq/product/code-storage-flash-memory/serial-nor-flash/?__locale=en&partNo=W25Q256JW wow have not heard of one of them in a while but most IC on the board are from about 2018 so is old, it a very cheaply made board, and does the SoC CPU rk3032 have a heatsink, it should the computers and consoles its emulating, and it would depend on what arcade machines its emulating if it needs one, it the same specs as the Atari Flashback and Atari 2600 Plus but they have no heatsink because they emulate a console from 1979, the newer the SoC the faster it can run, they all use a Rockchip SoCs, probably because you can use physical button in the emulator so makes it feel more real, you can not do that with a Alwinner SoC, well never seen it done, only with a Rockchip. The RAM IC HYNIX H5TQ2G63FFR is on the left of the rk3032 SoC its 8mb(2Gb): https://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/534246/HYNIX/H5TQ2G63FFRPBC/157/1/H5TQ2G63FFRPBC.html RockChip RK3032: ●Overview ■RK3032 is a low power, high performance processor solution for OTT TV BOX, and other digital multimedia applications, and integrates dual-core Cortex-A7, with separate NEON coprocessor and 128KB L2 Cache. ■Many embedded powerful hardware engines provide optimized performance for high-end application. RK3032 supports almost full-format 1080P H.264 decoderand H.265 decoder,high-quality JPEG decoder and special image preprocessor and postprocessor ■Embedded 3D GPU makes RK3032 completely compatible with OpenGL ES1.1 and 2.0, OpenVG1.1 etc. ■RK3032 has high-performance external memory interface(DDR3/DDR3L) capable of sustaining demanding memory bandwidths, also provides a complete set of peripheral interface to support very flexible applications. ●Features ■The features listed below which may or may not be present in actual product, maybe subject to the third party licensing requirements. Please contact Rockchip for actual product feature configurations and licensing requirements. Brand of Product: Rockchip Part#: RK3032 Product Category: high performance processor Application: [ OTT TV BOX ][ digital multimedia applications ] Data Type: Datasheet Safety & Environment Standards: Operating Temperature: Please see the document for details Qualification Grade: Qualification Approval: Package: TFBGA236 Language: English Chinese Chinese and English Japanese Date of Creation: 2018-4-23 Version Number: Rev 1.0 https://www.rock-chips.com/a/en/products/RK30_Series/index.html Hope this helps...
  21. The Spartans blasted off with three runs today as they shoot down the Armada 3-0.
  22. I bought 2 of them so I can answer that in the near future if it isn't answered before then.
  23. Star wars can be used, but it is more difficult because at least on my 5200s with proper calibration, the cross hair on star wars ends up being off center to the right when first starting up the game. I also think Star Wars has something in the code to help calibration the cross hair when it powers up so I don't know that it can be changed as easy on the fly as using Missile Command. Missile Command might also be cheaper to purchase vs SW:TAG so there is that too. And Missile Command on the 5200 is pretty much arcade experience game play. Especially with a good working Trak-ball paired with it.
  24. That's a great find! BTW, I couldn't help but notice that the joysticks look a little odd for the O2 (NOT the 4000 unit). They look kind of like the O3 controller from what little I can see of them behind the O2 voice module. Do you have a better picture of the joysticks? This person didn't happen to have a unit for sale called the Odyssey 3 Command Center? O3's look like this:
  1. Load more activity