All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Just a heads up if anyone needs a reasonably priced replacement power supply. www.atarirepairparts.com has them for $15.
  3. Lol, sorry I didn't mention more on TBA but I did put all the ordering details in the description and I made certain to leave the shipping labels on the box for all to see :-) TBA is awesome and love Simius for this. Thanks for checking out the video.
  4. I had been on the outlook for "The Voice" module recently and found a listing locally, so just went for the whole lot. In the included cartridges are the three in the picture, "Attack of the Timelord!" prototype, "Freedom Fighters" Advance copy/prototype and "Killer Bees" prototype. The labels on the "Killer Bees" cartridge and the "Attack of the Timelords" cartridge have the word "Prototype" as part of the printed label, ie not a stamp. I am in east Tennessee where Magnavox was headquartered in the 1980's (Knoxville and Greenville). The box is little rough, but a nice complete, I think, "The Quest for the Rings" game. Anyway, kinda neat.....Oh yeah, the guy I bought them from said a friend of his found it all in a storage unit. I
  5. Nanorobotics Spider Colors: 49 plus src Atari8man_NTSC_Nanorobotics_Spider.xex Atari8man_Pal_Nanorobotics_Spider.xex
  6. Thanks, nice game! You can also just select the Atari ST Mouse as your controller, as this can be used in place of the trackball in Atari's 8-bit computer version of Missile Command too.
  7. Certainly the one huge announcement everyone with some interest in Atari can be exited for is the return of one of their most important IP which is untouched so far - Adventure
  8. I do not think they actually bought the Stern name, just the 12 games.
  9. I have either never seen the 24 cartridge cabinet, or seen one and not realized there was a missing plastic cover.
  10. Man, I love knowing this stuff so well when I play it, that it's like a "story" to me. I mean, it is. But you know.
  11. Wow! You might get me. If you are that high, you know what's going on. Good Job!
  12. No problem; it's good you brought the subject up... but, I'd rather have a PAL 65XE with an ECI.
  13. There's also Stern on the arcade side. I'm trying to dig up the current brand portfolio, but so far it's looking like 2021 is the most recently-published. It's also fun disentangling the brand portfolio from the Atari Portfolio
  14. I picked this pong up today and trying to figure out what is the power supply, also a transformer in the back looks a little bubbly and the cord is frail as well, any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  15. I know they bought some MicroProse games with Accolade and GT Interactive, but I believe the name and most of the games had already been sold off.
  16. Wow dozen years old revification of a dead post. At first I was going to read through the 2+ pages of this, then decided against it and just pasted the starting post below in the box as I write this. I would see totally by quantity how both have a similar game total from the era if you chock it up to licensed and unlicensed they shift around. But I mean asking one or the other? That gets tricky. The hardware of the 2600 compared to the NES are utter opposites more than comparable. The years between for what audio, visual, basic scrolling, and other stuff can do make the 2600 anemic at best. Yet, it does have Atari stuff that others didn't get, and well if you were really into those and those arcade games that stayed landlocked to it that would be a true choice. Taking that out of the picture though, the Famicom, then NES, were the gateway that brought people into a circle of gaming where your imagination kind of finally met reality on screen and in your ears too. Gone where the few colors and oversized blocks along with some buzzes and other buzzes, and you had some real detail, a system meant to scroll directions, multiple audio channels simulating all sorts of effects and one made to do(DPCM) sampled effects. The FC/NES were made in a way to be open ended so the hardware inside wasn't a brick wall, but a starting line in a race where more and more options added, bank switching, larger chip sizes, then memory management, to outright memory mappers, and beyond into added audio channels, more colors, more...just more, all in a little cartridge. The 2600 largely just was what it was, peaked and that was is and people worked within that peak and the NES just didn't have those problems largely. Going beyond that but not too far, those limits also allowed for more creativity. The 2600 Pitfall and few others aside stayed the view, not much but what you could do within the confines flashed up on screen. The FC may have started there, but then you had Pac-Land from Namco, and the big boom with SMB on the NES which really created a whole new idea of how game design could be done and done right, so right it stayed relevant for decades. There was so much more there capable of being done the fun factor could come from dozens of not just re-tread styles of a decade past at home, but in far more new ways you didn't see, including even in the arcade which was in a way kind of epic. Such a simple design, but well though, right down to middle fingering the classic wonky joystick of this or that sort for a flat brick. This flat brick with a d-pad that worked 8 ways, and not just 2 buttons, but now 2 comfy ones to use for most actions and 2 more for sub-actions or further use in some titles too. That allowed for a lot more variety comfortable and faster easier action in play. Not saying the 2600 is bad, I personally realy can't put time on something more basic than a colecovision/stock famicom at this rate to be fair, but it was a true product of the 70s and by the time the coleco and famicom showed up in 83...it was clearly in the rear view mirror and stayed there for a good list of reasons.
  17. Hi, Any knows if there is a library or example to load a picture in other modern graphic modes then the .mic format like hip,cin,supercin, super pcin, supermin?
  18. Just as a tip, stating that you could not do something without giving further details will probably not return helpful answers. At least we should know what exactly happened, like an error message popping up, a crash, smoke and evil stench from your computer ... In doubt, post a screenshot.
  19. all of these are obvious and make sense… should have of thought of them ahead of time..
  20. You are probably quite right, I'm a bit out of the loop on Ultrasatans, I brought two of the older 'Satandisks' some time ago and have not played with the newer model!
  21. I'm affraid, the link has been removed from the original post (?). I cannot see anything downloadable there...
  22. Just tried both the .car and the .xex in Altirra, both say VBXE NOT INSTALLED I have VBXE set to FX 1.26 and tried both base addresses, doesn't seem to detect VBXE am I missing something ? EDIT: Got it working, forgot U1M need to activate VBXE Very nice, thanks, pity you can't configure the mouse to simulate a trackball (maybe you can, but I can't find it )
  23. Really mad weather here in Germany. Two weeks ago we had high temperatures at about 23 °C (73°F), now the snow is back (low temp of today at 3°C = 37°F). Not only did I put summer tyres on my car already (you'll be fined when the police meets you with summer tyres in snowy conditions), but the bloom has already been there for many plants, and many orchards now call it a total loss. All fruit frozen on the trees. Again, the weather forecast warned of snow some minutes ago.
  24. I'm still in my 40s (just!), so maybe I'm still a baby (🤣) but I thought that the update process was a piece of cake. My only suggestion was that instead of having to read a website or PDF file the instructions could be in the app itself and prompt you along the way, but really, it was easy. Surely anyone who wants to play a games console, even a 2600, is into tech in at least a low level way, it is tech! So I can't see many people struggling to update the console, maybe I'm underestimating my own technical ability and I'm a genius... But I don't think so.
  25. If you'd list some games or genres you like, then people could make some intelligent suggestions. As is, this is a list of consoles and then asking for more, and everyone's gonna just list their favorite consoles.
  26. Any way this could run on the 400 mini? Even just as a demo?
  1. Load more activity