All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. One problem with the carousel is the way RGL added Media Access to it as a Game Slot, so they made it part of the carousel so they be no way of them running it as a Classic Mode like on THEC64, Media Access on that is part of Basic Mode so not part of Carousel Mode, RGL would have redesign the whole carousel to make a Classic Mode.
  3. Especially for Linux there is dosemu2, a very frequently updated DOS-emulator.
  4. The genuine bowser.sys file is a software component of Microsoft Windows Operating System by Microsoft. A driver for Windows NT, this system file supports the NT Lan Manager Datagram Receiver. It allows your NT workstation to communicate with the Datagram Receiver hardware. The original bowser.sys is an important part of Windows and rarely causes problems. Bowser.sys is located in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder. Known file sizes on Windows 10/11/7 are 69,632 bytes (60% of all occurrences), 68,608 bytes or 78,336 bytes.
  5. It's getting there, doing code for that board. The 990 needs a fair bit of code to initalise the VDT911 card and display any characters received on the screen. But, at the moment I need to type any code for the 990 into the programmers panel a bit at a time which is somewhat tedious. So, I'm looking at connecting another PIC processor to the buttons and LED's on the 990 programmers panel so i can download code from a PC via the PIC and effectively type it into the 990. It will be slow but at least it will be saved on the PC and i won't have to enter code a bit at a time !
  6. I finished to clean the code and add comments. I change the code in the Title screen and save 60 octets ^_^ New features : Press joystick button to start game and Reset Attract mode when moving player. I changed parts of the code, so now we can relocate ram addresses automaticaly. Well, more easily anyway. I share the source code. It's far from perfect and need certainly a lot of optimization. ^_^ Time to go working on another game. mazezam.atr mazezam.xex MazezaM_atari400_8ko_src.zip
  7. Internal line buffer was an early theory I had also. But a weird thing - the badline doesn't seem to be OK if you look closer - check the Bruce Lee screenshot and the video of the early program I posted, the first badline of the character is showing PF2 where you'd expect that character to be PF1. It's as if that particular sequence of reads is returning FF,FF. Though that said, according to the Altirra HW manual - in this situation there are 2 character codes read before the first character set data is read so the spurious reads aren't on adjacent cycles.
  8. This is likely old ground for many here, though for any new or returning to Atari, you may be interested i've made a video about my experiences with various modern disk / rom image loading methods on my Youtube channel. Opinions in this video are my own, and would be great to hear from others on their thoughts and view in comments on the video. In my other videos I look at various Atari 8 bit and ST games I remember from my childhood. https://www.youtube.com/@TJGames-Atari Thanks for watching if you do and have a great day all.
  9. Today
  10. More progress. I've got the mallet up on the screen... it's fully controllable with the joystick, and can be swung by pressing the fire button. (Probably either fire button, judging from the way the Coleco controller is read and how I've set it up. I don't know how to parse bits out of a byte, although I'm sure there's a way to do it.) Next on the menu? Getting the Byrons to pop up! whackem_game.rom
  11. You're welcome PCN. Thank you for stopping by and always a pleasure to see your material for sure kind sir. Anthony..
  12. Thanks for sharing this Anthony. As always, you're overall positivity is the best on the internet. Stay awesome.
  13. About the balls? I saw it. But, figured it wasn't that far-fetched. Some translations get pretty weird.
  14. ahhhhr now its back again to the first issue. With the stuck bit2 at Right controller, and the issue descriped where the left controller affects the right one is none existing. So it have to be ay-3-8914 that is unstable in some way. I see from the schematics, then some 0.01uf capasistors are connected to some of the pins at the controller pins, maybe they are bad or shorted, would it be causing this issue ? c34,35,36,37,38,39.
  15. Hi guys, Back with our pal and new AtariAge member @Pixel Cherry Ninja. Here we see him sharing his recent stream he's done pertaining to the Neo Geo overdrive core. Excellent PCN. This will be a treat to see from you. Pixel Cherry Ninja@PixelCNinja The latest WIP #NeoGeo Overdrive core by @UFp64 on the #AnaloguePocket. Check it out https://youtube.com/live/W6zz75tNves?si=GVSSg2hlXZJsjx-d… Let's test it out together, REQUESTS WELCOME. 4:52 PM · Apr 15, 2024 From the description, "The Analogue Pocket is an excellent Handheld FPGA gaming device, in fact it's hands down the best option on the market. As well as playing your original carts, well you have the whole other openFPGA side that lets developers bring their cores over to the platform. In this Live Stream we'll be looking at the Neo-Geo Overdrive core that has been updated by @mazamars312 This core should get get rid of slowdowns and result is a fluid gaming experience. Please note this a WORK IN PROGRESS core." Anthony...
  16. I wonder if anybody here might know where these could have come from... @Gary from OPA
  17. Hi guys, BACKDROP GAMEMONSTER OSAKA @BACKDROPGMO 本日をもってBAMBAM GAMEMONSTERとしての営業は終了致しました 明日以降、店名や運営会社の変更等で5月まで休業させていただきます 5月以降も喜んでいただけるようなイベントを予定しておりますのでご期待ください イベントの詳細は引き続きこのアカウントにて発信致します #BGMO Translated from Japanese by As of today, BAMBAM GAMEMONSTER has ceased operations. Starting tomorrow, we will be closed until May due to changes in our store name and management company We have plans for other enjoyable events after May, so please look forward to Event details will continue to be posted on this account #BGMO Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve: 7:07 AM · Apr 14, 2024 Anthony..
  18. ok seems like the stuck bit issue was solved after removing the ay-3-8914 and using some electronic cleaner at the socket and put back the ic again. Everything seems to work find for the Right Controller now. But i see another strange behaviour, when using the left countroller, pressing some buttons, actually will affect bit2 at the Right controller. Especially if i push the buttons hard. Also the pressing the disc, in some directions,at the Left controller will affect then right controller, but only bit2.
  19. Hi guys, SNK GLOBAL @SNKPofficial [KOF XV] Participate in the "KOF XV" #PS5 tournament to warm-up #EVOJapan2024 and win PSN subscription and exclusive #EVOJ24 PSN avatars! ■How to participate Register from the PS5 console game hub #KOFXV #KOF15 1:00 PM · Apr 15, 2024 Anthony..
  20. I don't think this is a memory bus issue, this looks like one of the memory cells in the ANTIC line buffer is busted and is reading $FF. The interesting part is that the badlines seem to be OK, which is why 1/8 lines are OK in Boulder Dash and 1/16 in Bruce Lee. I forget whether ANTIC re-reads the memory cell or forwards the character name through the memory cell on a badline.
  21. Found a nice doc about the “frustrations” of writing ste/tt/falcon compatible sw. https://temlib.org/AtariForumWiki/index.php/Atari_STE_FAQ_compiled_by_The_Paranoid_/_Paradox Did not realize tt only features were deeper than just some more screen resolutions.
  22. Before work this morning I finished the supporting parts for the FPGA: All decoupling caps: C1,C2,C5,C6,C11 - all 0.1uF Ferrite bead for 3.3v analog from 3.3v JTAG and pull ups to get the FPGA to configure. R3 is 1K, R1,R2,R4,R5 are 10K. Next its the FPGA, 169 pins of BGA goodness!
  23. Linked to auction. TI Related -- Ebay _ Heads Up Notice - Page 280 - TI-99_4A Computers - AtariAge Forums - Google Chrome 4_16_2024 3_41_25 AM.mp4 I opened the linked image(to test the link before posting) in a new window, instead of in a new tab. So, you don't see the new page open or close.
  24. Do you think these games would play well with Evercade controllers though? Or maybe it means one of the new hardware will be a traditional controllers with two analog sticks.
  25. The Brainies was developed in France but Power Piggs, for instance, was published by Titus but wasn't developed in France.
  1. Load more activity