All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Not yet, but the tracking shows that my package has reached NYC (JFK Airport), yesterday. Waiting for the next update.🙃
  3. If it is the MMU or BIOS .. I'm guessing if I throw in an Ultimate 1MB kit into this system (got a spare) it should fix it right up? (As it replaces both chips) ?
  4. Last character in the score is appearing as a letter instead of a number. I thought my posted score looked like a "B" at the end, but then thought it could be an "8". However, I just played another round and finished with a score that ended in a "C".
  5. Were you able to get any sort of picture from it at all? Out of curiosity, did you perform the same wire-plus-resistor mod as described in Step 7 of this article? From how the issue is described, it sounds as though the chroma signal isn't making it to either a) pin 5 of the monitor jack or b) where it mixes with luma to provide composite output, which would happen before the composite signal enters the RF modulator or goes off to the monitor port's composite pin. My suggestion would be to do two things: firstly, check for cold solder joints on the monitor jack; secondly, work backwards from the chroma pin at the jack and see if there's anything that might be damaged or not working in that path. Can you provide photos of what's happening with both the RF and monitor output? This would help greatly in figuring out which side of things the problem may lay on. Also, if you don't yet have a set of schematics to work from, grab both the Atari 800XL Field Service Manual and Sam's Computerfacts for the 800XL from here. They'll be invaluable as you work through the problem.
  6. If you get stuck on a level, how can you restart the level without restarting the Atari? Bob C
  7. What version of Steem are you running ? I'm using Steem SSE v4.1.1 R9 and it loads .STX fine
  8. Hi, I wanted to show you my MIDI adapter for Atari 2600: And here is a short presentation:
  9. Seriously, we have a solid port of Primal Rage, plus fighters like Kasumi Ninja and Ultra Vortek, so MK was always in the realm of possibility IMO.
  10. @Avenger75 I'll add you to the list for now. Additional shipping will likely be around $15-20. PM me your address and I can give you a solid price on what it will be. Fedex typically and that will include tracking and all that. Thanks, Caleb
  11. Don't forget the solar eclipse. That had repercussions that will be felt for generations to come
  12. Antic just pumps data/commands to GTIA and isn't directly involved in colour generation. The colour pot comes into the CADJ pin - I'm not 100% here but without that or with a wild value you should still have colour but just not necessarily in the right order. The COLOR output pin from GTIA outputs a phase shifted square wave which I believe is converted to the necessary sinewave by external componentry in the video output circuit. I would guess your problem likely stems from a failed passive component, maybe a capacitor. There's various schematics around which might give ideas of where to look.
  13. This is highly addictive Thank you! FWIW, it seems to work fine on a Concerto with or without CEM #0 present.
  14. Thanks, I will give them a try.
  15. Sure. I made a google drive link for twitter. All files inside (xex, atr bootable and src) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FR5qQP9KxyYegq8Yfr7TkWWyzQTTl3d2/view?usp=sharing
  16. No... it means that when I coded the mirrors for the colecovision emulation I got it wrong. For emulation purposes, I write to all mirror locations so that the readback (which is generally more frequent) is fast - and I goofed one of the mirrors. So Boulderdash occasionally writes and reads from the 0x6C00 block - which would work fine on an ADAM provided whatever it wanted there was likewise written to 0x6C00. But in my emulation, I had this bug: So when the game wrote to memory, I wrote it to all mirror locations EXCEPT 0x6C00 (I wrote 0x6800 twice). This was the only game that I had trouble with for years until I discovered my mistake with mirror handling. With my bug, the game would run but would occasionally (but not always) hang later in the first stage. Interestingly enough, other games that utilize RAM mirrors worked fine - probably because they were not specifically affected by the one broken mirror (7 years of bad luck). Dave
  17. Quote

Homebrew Idea

Been experimenting with the VCS Game Maker web app, and I’ve been in the process of making my own demo to show to everyone Sadly, it doesn’t export to .bas
  18. Well ... there is kind of one reason: they are not needed in a game with minimal input demands. Personally, I would focus on getting the game-play mechanics, difficulty balance, sound effects, and visuals right before adding extra controller handling. But that's me. -dZ.
  19. So I was browsing my multi-cart and I tried this game. And I'm impressed. Kind of a Gravitar/Space Duel type game with great graphics and music/sound effects. I guess it has a reputation for being hard. But it's cool and fun so far. Any love or thoughts?
  20. Wait, does that mean Boulder Dash has problems running on the ADAM? That'd be news to me...
  1. Load more activity