All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I was wondering what Rockchip SoC it uses maybe a rk31328. Has anyone taken there's a part yet to see what it PCB looks like inside it, is there a teardown video at all...?
  3. There was some news posted here earlier this year, but it seemed to be an investment not an IP acquisition
  4. FIGURED IT OUT! It's a bad BASIC ROM! Time to find a replacement ...
  5. @ZeroPage Homebrew regarding Grawitacja 2024 games - there is a new version of "Run, Fox, Run" on the official site https://grawitacja.eu/halloffame with small updates (like "game over" added) - but it's still work in progress.
  6. One quite nice thing about this game, actually, is that it's very generous with letting you run from battles. Also, if you talk to a demon you already have on your team, it will just walk away (sometimes even giving you stuff first), so if you want to 100% avoid certain annoying enemies, just add them to your team and you'll never have to fight them again. It's a pretty interesting system.
  7. You keep yacking and only making yourself look dumber and dumber. Why not just STFU at this point considering no one is even asking you for your thoughts, opinions or anything actually. And then you say people are trolling you and you respond when people mention you!! Doesn't seem anyone is mentioning you and yet you keep spouting the same garbage over and over and over again!!
  8. Here's gameplay only of a game I thought would be perfect on the VCS: 80s Overdrive. Throwback arcade racing on a stock 8GB VCS in ChimeraOS.

9. The PlayStation 2 has a very large selection of classic game compilations (ranging from the Genesis to the Intellivision, and several arcade compilations). There is also a good amount of RPGs. The NES has a just massive selection across all genres. I own several "Famiclones" with games not otherwise released in North America. Personally, I am not a fan of handhelds so I have no recommendations.
  10. So, about my my Quartus synthesis errors, I looked a bit more into this and tried some things. The initial problem is this: Error (12006): Node instance "\adc_on:lvds_tx0" instantiates undefined entity "lvds_tx". Ensure that required library paths are specified correctly, define the specified entity, or change the instantiation. If this entity represents Intel FPGA or third-party IP, generate the synthesis files for the IP. File: /home/woj/repos/atari_800xl/atari_chips/pokeyv2/build_10M08_fullv4_stereo/pokeymax.vhd Line: 1986 Error (12006): Node instance "\adc_on:lvds_rx0" instantiates undefined entity "lvds_rx". Ensure that required library paths are specified correctly, define the specified entity, or change the instantiation. If this entity represents Intel FPGA or third-party IP, generate the synthesis files for the IP. File: /home/woj/repos/atari_800xl/atari_chips/pokeyv2/build_10M08_fullv4_stereo/pokeymax.vhd Line: 1993 I can see there are component definitions in pokeymax.vhd for lvds_tx and lvds_rx, but for whatever reason these are not acknowledged? The other thing I noticed is this message from the build script: cp: cannot stat 'lvds*': No such file or directory and also: cp: cannot stat 'iox_gluev4.vhdl': No such file or directory cp: cannot stat 'pokeymaxv4.vhd': No such file or directory but I think it might be the first one that is causing the trouble. In any case, what does work, is to set "enable_adc" to 0 in the 10M08_fullv4_stereo section of the build script, and then I do get a full set of output files for V4 (how correct or usable these are - I have no idea). As I said earlier, the amount of "can't find stuff" messages during building does not raise confidence in the build process correctness. This is where I ended up, in the meantime I googled for several things trying to learn a bit more about all this, the only thing I got out of this is that the FPGA/Intel guys "out there" (so not you guys here ;)) exhibit a certain kind of attitude... 😕
  11. I can not find a category for AGSP on here, maybe it should have one, or I am blind.... there is one for the Atari2600 Plus and THE400 Mini.
  12. karri

The Paddles

The new paddles produced for the 2600+ work just like the old paddles on a PAL 7800 console.
  13. Best bet probably is the discord I think it was setup by the site so they'd be there or could reach someone with that answer.
  14. I actually kind of like the idea of that, except if you really are wanting to stop or get to a specific point if you keep stumbling into another and another on the same background tile. It seems like a novel idea that would be fairly fun to help as you said, speed up leveling up and the rewards around it that franchise is known for. It's nice you have the time to do this, even if I weren't working the extra I still in a way just have too many games/systems so it's hard to focus on anything for too long, let alone finish. I need to make time for gaming, anime I find too, and other stuff so it gets tricky. Maybe had i been smarter and just not got back into Sega (gen, gg) I'd have more time, less distraction.
  15. Atari Bowling isn’t great. The perspective is top-down, but turned sideways for some reason. I don’t get the logic behind that; every other bowling game is vertical - you know like you’d see when you bowl in real life? I guess it makes the lane longer, but 🤷‍♂️ I can’t imagine it’s very pricey though!
  16. Yeah I saw that, and it's fine by me. I gave up using flat rate after the USPS got greedy and started to do zones because the values between them make utterly no sense. You can ship (if you live on a zone edge) to the next one over...say an hour away, or to the other side of your own zone many more hours away and the short drive costs more because...stupid. Formerly I would just do a flat rate based on the weight of the package and I'd round up to the next dollar if the other dollar wasn't pretty close to cover my printing/supplies, packing/supplies, and tiny 5min drive in the wrong direction to the post office. No one cared, I always had high marks on it. Now with that garbage I just let ebay deal, and 99% of the time they don't foul it up. Before the lame virus, pre-zoning they'd goof up bad, I'd end up having to call them if I did let them handle it with combined packages or accidentally hit that because it would say...hmm $3something shipping, and it would cost me like $7 and I'd be pissed, so I'd get them to credit it back which stunk going through their phone hell zoo. I used to nail people to the wall for the shipping, sometimes I'd do it intentionally because the item was a good price and it worked. I'd buy the item, let them charge me double or triple for shipping. When it arrived and I see what the post office put on the thing, or what they stupidly shot themselves in the foot over on the sticker I'd just call it in to ebay, get a shipping refund, leave them negative feedback for stealing shipping, and ebay put them on a watch list and I'd see a few cases where it seemed to be someone who did it a lot they'd get nailed for it. It may not be nice financially catfishing a catfish, but screw them, it's theft. And their shitty theft is why that greedy FVF exists now which does actually steal some of your postage money so some of your actual 'profit' eats a shipping charge that's hidden too which is crap.
  17. It would be good to also include UCSD Pascal in the comparison. Not sure what type of randomizer function it uses. I can help with the test code.
  18. Yes, it is indeed that bad! https://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ab443/reviews.html#BB
  19. If they released an update that could be installed from a cart that would be pretty neat.
  20. The latest version now supports up to 128 one-byte tokens and should support up to 190 two-byte tokens. The second-latest version supports up to 64 one-byte tokens and up to 190 two-byte tokens. They are at the same location as the previous versions. BTW, there's a typo in the second-latest version: on the CBM version, there is a line in the printtok() function that reads: [code]if (e>=0xE0 && e<0xF0) prints (tokensa[e&0x1F]);[/code] Remove the upper bound of the condition, as it excludes usable tokens. Upgrading to the latest version helped out my Smir 3, 1 text adventure's database file by about 8.8%. That's in addition to what an earlier version did: about 25%. I ask you to try out these versions of PrintTok. BTW, PrintTok2 is in the works and will include many ways to compress literals and provide automatic compression.
  21. He probably has some AI-inspired BASIC interpreter according to the "Do what I mean, not what I say" principle. To be (slightly) serious, cosine is a periodic function, so with some luck you get something similar, regardless of what kind of data you put in.
  22. Well...not a fix but something they (ebay) should have done YEARS ago. Printing shipping through ebay is discounted, but now they're going to show the ACTUAL shipping cost on the label. Automatically. So when these scam artists charge $15 bucks to send something ground delivery for $7 bucks you'll know and can leave feedback appropriately. A few bucks to cover...tape, ink, or whatever sellers were trying to justify a 100% increase on shipping will be essentially disclosed now. Yes, blahblahblah only bid the highest you're willing to pay but I've said it many times, if the shipping is $10 bucks, you can't justify $20 to ship it, even if it comes out to the same price with free shipping. Regardless of the "net" you're being deceived by the seller. It's about time!
  23. Le Mans 24 is fantastic on Dreamcast. They did some good games just not many
  24. Today
  1. Load more activity