All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Wasn't that an offshoot of disgruntled settlers who had originally come in as part of the Great Minitel Migration? IIRC, they were trying to establish Minitel service ahead of its 1980 launch so that the network in the New World would be under their control, but it all fell apart somewhere in Missouri when they got into a heavy battle with the Teletext Pioneers; the casualties decimated their numbers and those who survived ceded the territory they had gained, moving southwards in near-total defeat. There are still some small pockets of Minitel adherents in scattered parts of Louisiana, from what I understand.
  3. I know there are some variations in Raspberry Pi PSUs. What specs do you prefer? 27w 5.5A 20w 4A 15w 3A
  4. The 2600+ with "real" joystick ports doesn't handle things that change the inputs to outputs, which is how the keypad controllers work. But the 400 Mini is USB, so I don't know how you would get the ST Mouse connected and what signals are required. I know there are several different adapters to plug real Atari controllers into a USB port for use with emulators, and some of them can work with weird modes but require some host support to enable that. As a side topic, I'm curious as to how a ST mouse is seen on an Atari 8-bit.
  5. Actually you can apply one of many possible upgrades (I'm using the one from this picture), you'd just need to adapt 44256 chips to 4464 chip sockets (20 to 18 pin). Everything else is the same as in the 16x16pin RAMs case.
  6. Got it. That's unfortunate for ERE Informatique, because I can't remember ever hearing them mentioned in any of the English-language reviews of the time - or, if they were, it was such a small mention that it didn't stick in my mind. Thinking about it, though, their name did appear somewhere on the title screen, IIRC. Looking a bit deeper, I can't recall ever playing Commander Blood and Big Bug Bang was one I'd never even heard of until now. I'll probably check them out at some point, but need to get a DOS VM running again first. North & South was pretty good. Never saw any of the sequels / remakes, though.
  7. Stats will have to be delayed until Thursday or the upcoming weekend. I came home after work, didn't feel that well and already slept 4.5 hours before the clock even is 11 PM.
  8. Thomas, I believe you can do it with three carts! 😆
  9. No, the GD just acts as a single HSC.
  10. The two, additional, "CXSTICK"s I ordered finally arrived. They perform pretty much the same as the ones I got with my two 400 Mini units. Which means ... no special issues either registering, nor mis-registering, diagonals. Played through several games with each of them, Missile Command, Missile Command+, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, etc. and they've been fine. I was almost hoping one of them would have issues ... as I'd have felt less-bad dismembering it ... as they were bought, principally, for their control boards - which I'll be turning into a mini-arcade unit (based on the ION iCade) as well as a CX40/CXSTICK themed "arcade stick". Not expecting them to be any different internally than my originals, but we'll see when I gut them.
  11. I find out soon if my time was well spent developing a prototype of this thing based on the service manual and online photographs. In any case, I'm still interested in an original if anyone's interested in parting with theirs? -=P=-
  12. Updated WIP: Run, Fox, Run! (A8) by Wojtek Bociański @bocianu, Adam Wachowski @+Adam+, Piotr Lis @LiSU | WIP Binary (20240423) | NOTE: Part of Grawitacja 8Bit GameJam 2024 | Listing Updated: Apr 23, 2024
  13. So, what, will we see a reboot or continuation of something like driver? Most infograms games were third party, but they had some decent engines.
  14. I don't know if it's less "fun" ... but it's a welcome alternative ... even if I'm, at best, doing 2/3rds my "regular" (8-bit) Missile Command score on it so far. I think Missile Command was the second cartridge game I got for my original Atari 800 (the first was "Star Raiders" ... unless my memory is scrambled), so it is a bit "special" for me. I even bought the CX80 "Trak-Ball" for it, though that was a couple of years later. That'll be nice to see. There was a fun little tool I used to use for such things, I think it was called "CASSIVER", though I can't find it anymore, which was an monitor/assembler/editor program (default background color was red, if that helps). Though most of my "real" 8-bit code was done first on Atari's "Assembler/Editor" cartridge, and then on Mac/65 (hence the profile pic).
  15. Thanks for the heads up Adam, I'll update my list with the new version. 🙂 🙂 - James
  16. Bit of a bump here. Do you perchance have a link to the instructions for this for the 320k chip upgrade on 65xe boards with the 4 x 18pin ram spaces?
  17. No. I have no affiliation with Atari and don't know what they'll do. It's the only big untapped IP they have and Wade Rosen discussed Adventure here: https://www.nintendolife.com/features/it-would-be-really-cool-to-do-a-retrospective-on-iwata-ataris-ceo-on-acquisitions-and-dream-collaborations "Without going into too many details, I think Adventure is a good example of a game that could be examined by Digital Eclipse because there's a lot of historical precedent around that and a really interesting story. It's also just a great brand, and it's something that could well be brought back in a similar way to Lunar Lander. Maybe we could bring it out as a game that is much more contemporary but still taps into a lot of those classic roots. So we're looking at both paths with Adventure and hopefully, there'll be more to share on that front. I think the reason there hasn't been another Adventure game so far is because it would have to be pretty unique. You know, something like a Gold Master Series entry could stand on its own, but as far as a modern Adventure game, how would it stand out from something like The Legend of Zelda or Dragon's Dogma? So there are a lot of questions around that, and we'll need to approach it in a way that is different and something that only we can do better than anyone else."
  18. More polished than Baseball stars, both great games
  19. That’s a good one mine is called Dark Cavern. You picked a good one to play!
  20. If I use underscan the whole picture shows... Very nice!!! (Ignore the chubby guy holding the phone)
  21. Give it another try bro. Not the best graphics on the NEO-GEO, thou it's fcukn awesome! 💪
  22. My latest video review is of BASEBALL STARS 2. Great baseball title with plenty of fun bells and whistles, as well as humorous touches like player expressions.
  23. If that was possible. "That's a fcukn great idea!"
  1. Load more activity