All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Wow... If that's really the case and withouth blowing things out of proportion, this is inexcusable. I mean, you pay the license for an iconic game and you just pick an unverified image without playing it through? There are only 25 titles, not 50. Also, is the team aware of the .atx format and the preservation efforts of some people? Feels so amateurish... This may be the reason Flip and Flop is the cart version and not the superior disk release. Could somebody check whether Boulder Dash has that prolonged "ping" sound at the very beginning of the game? I heard this in one of the reviews and this would mean it's a cracked file as well.
  3. I'd steer clear for now. I hope the one with your 400 Mini is ok. You do have the option of buying a Mayflash USB joystick adapter, that's what I use with my laptop, Stella and CX40/CX40+. Works flawlessy and is cheaper than buying the stand alone USB stick too. MAYFLASH SEGA Genesis Mega Drive Controller Adapter for Nintendo Switch & PC Windows SEGA Genesis SEGA MD Adapter MF104: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games You will need to update it to the latest firmware.
  4. According to Amazon delivery tracking my package arrived at the final station at 2am this morning. Still not gone out for delivery, expected by 10pm today. What is the actual benefit of pre-ordering from Amazon? Could've placed an order yesterday morning and have it delivered same day.
  5. According to their website, there are no deliveries in England, but they’re operating as normal in Scotland.
  6. According to the website there isn’t outside of Scotland 😁
  7. Just addiing here what I posted elsewhere. I think the 400 Mini is currently a joystick lottery... I did some further testing on my laptop, I am sad to say it's the joystick and I highly doubt that its fixable with software. To test the stick I used the CCS64 emulator and Bruce Lee, things I am super familiar with. I kept getting the same ducking down issue. In the emulator options you can adjust sensitivity in each axis... I was unable to eradicate the ducking down issue with even the lowest setting (99% for that axis, 100% turns it off). Sorry guys, the stick is duff. I'd love a replacement, sadly I may have to send the whole package back, which is wasteful, and there's no guarantee that a replacement would include a good joystick. This issue must be accepted by the manufacturer swifty, with replacements sticks sent to everyone with the problem, but time is ticking on my return to Amazon... It seems my most sensible course of action is to send it all back for a refund and hope for a hardware revision later. Shame.
  8. This is all a bit concerning, though I have to wonder if it’s a known issue by the manufacturer and accounts for the monthlong delay in production of the standalone stick? Without some clarification from the people making this thing, I can’t see how I wouldn’t cancel my order of the stick on its own, which is a shame as the idea of a USB CX40 is quite appealing for use with one/no button arcade games on MAME. Guess I’ll find out today when I get my mini!
  9. Nope, it’s not the 400 Mini software that is at fault here. I did some further testing on my laptop, I am sad to say it's the joystick and I highly doubt that its fixable with software. To test the stick I used the CCS64 emulator and Bruce Lee, things I am super familiar with. I kept getting the same ducking down issue. In the emulator options you can adjust sensitivity in each axis... I was unable to eradicate the ducking down issue with even the lowest setting (99% for that axis, 100% turns it off). Sorry guys, the stick is duff. I'd love a replacement, sadly I may have to send the whole package back, which is wasteful, and there's no guarantee that a replacement would include a good joystick. This issue must be accepted by the manufacturer swifty, with replacements sticks sent to everyone with the problem, but time is ticking on my return to Amazon... It seems my most sensible course of action is to send it all back for a refund and hope for a hardware revision later. Shame.
  10. I'm already done uploading my May 2022 gaming videos playlist. That month I just played Game Boy, PC, PS1, and NES. I completed Beyond the Beyond and worked a lot on Pokemon Red, the Sonic World fan game, and Super Mario Bros.: Level-Headed (a randomizer).

11. I've just open my svn security settings! So you can for example access the VHDL: http://www.64kib.com/atarixlfpga_svn/tag/pokeymax_127/atari_800xl/atari_chips/pokeyv2/ I haven't been through any tidied anything etc. I'll upload the schematic/board and manufacturing info over this weekend. edit: Actually some hardware info is there. No v3, no gerbers and I'm not sure if v2 is up to date yet: http://www.64kib.com/atarixlfpga_svn/tag/pokeymax_127/atari_800xl/atari_chips/hardware/
  12. I don't think Royal Mail deliver today (Good Friday)
  13. Usually, users connect CS1's white line, to the computer's speaker jack.🔊
  14. Any way to.make a universal high score file? That can be shared?
  15. At least it’s on the way. My order, placed in January, still hasn’t even been despatched. Thanks Amazon.
  16. Thanks, I appreciate the advice. Does that mean that these online cassette archives are best ignored? Or is there a way to take advantage of them?
  17. Here a screenshot from usb loaded M.U.L.E.: Problem is really just a wrong image of the game. I really can't understand how such a mistake can happen... Is there no one who takes control, if everything is correct?
  18. Digital reproduction is generally quite accurate, but too many analog to digital conversions is asking for trouble. That file may have been made from a tape. That's 1. recording back to tape again, that's 2.🚫 Best to make tapes directly from a TI-99/4A. Best to play those digital files directly back to the TI-99/4A. IMNSHO.
  19. I do play risky but it seems to really step things up at Stage 16, although watching it back even for me I’m wincing at some of those gambles haha. Will rewatch your video. But yeah, from that point you seem to be much more likely to hit dead ends in the meteor field and I should maybe let go of getting the lit UFOs in order from there. That bunker bump is probably it, it does catch me out a lot for some reason. All part of the game! Really glad for this high score thread though, it’s nice to properly dig into a title I otherwise wouldn’t have focused on.
  20. I had a note yesterday saying delivered Saturday and then a message this morning saying it’s coming today - checked detail and the courier is Royal Mail, which is pretty rare for Amazon these days so that might account for the time being all over the shop. I usually have Royal Mail delivery by midday so only a couple hours to go. I’ll hopefully get both unboxing and Let’s Play videos uploaded this weekend.
  21. A lot of people have asked me if Michtron is Y2K compliant. As far as I can tell YES. I have an NetUSBee, so I fire it up with STING loaded, then use this software TIMEC to sync with an NTP server. TIMEC.PRG will actually bomb out with 2 Bombs but when I warm reset my MegaSTe , the clock has actually been synced as well as the date. As far as I can tell the date is handled correctly , when I connect using UIP , the date stamps seems legit.
  22. Today
  23. Would you say that MULE is still playable apart from the bugs?
  24. I am new to Ti-99, am trying to learn the ropes. I bought a portable cassette player, and fabricated a cable myself, and it works with my Ti-99/4A. I am able to CSAVE CS1 a simple program, then power off the machine, then OLD CS1 the program back in, and it works. I am now trying to get fancier. I went to https://ftp.whtech.com/#Cassettes and downloaded "BlackBeards_Treasure_Copy1.wav". On my Windows PC, I played it back to the headphone jack and recorded it on the cassette. I listened to the cassette afterwards and verified that a recording had taken place. I then moved the cassette player to my TI-99/4A system and tried to "OLD CS1" the file. It fails with "NO DATA FOUND". Am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Brad
  25. Ok, I have now played various games for about 1 hour (only the pre-installed ones, PAL) and my first impression is rather sobering. - MULE doesn't seem to have been tested very well. 2 crashes, display errors in the store, Wumpus hunt success screen shredded - Missile Command very imprecise controls or the stick feels bad - M49 input lag and imprecise controls - Millipede not playable. Controls are a disaster. - Berzerk is also difficult (lag) As I said, this is my first impression. I haven't tested the optional input options yet and I'll have to take another look at the games in Altirra. Maybe I have the wrong memories. I'll connect my 130XE battleship later and check that out again. The front end makes a good impression. But the lags are really bad, I'm very sensitive to that. But as I said, I'll have to take a bit more time and compare.
  26. Yes paddles work fine on the DB9, that is a mist hardware limitation. I’m aware about a couple of games misusing the reserved bits in DMACTL. Yes I should probably add a way to disable the extension bits like slingshot did on the mist.
  1. Load more activity