All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Atari 600XL in Original Box System is new and unused. The plastic around the computer and the way the cords are wrapped show it was never used. The tape on the outside of the box has come off, and has some wear. Internally, the styrofoam was still taped, but I did remove this just to verify the contents where all there and unused. I could test it, but then it would be opened, so I have left it this way. For this reason (only) it is untested. If the buyer would like me to test it before shipping, I will do so and refund if it does not work. Any other questions, just ask!
  3. Because AtariArtist is designed to work with the Atari Touch Tablet. The tablet just generates X and Y values as paddle input. It's up to the software to decide which paddle represents X and which one represents Y. If AtariArtist sees paddle(0) as X and paddle(1) as Y, that's what it'll use, but a KoalaPad, for example. may invert that so that paddle(1) is X and paddle(0) is Y.
  4. Not to mention that he has a screenshot of his eBay feedback in the item photos. Anytime that crops up, run - don't walk - away. Even if the seller is legit, they're probably a total nutter and will end up on your doorstep one day wanting to check up on the machine that they sold you.
  5. Anything think the N64 may represent the "ceiling" for MiSTer? I haven't tried PS1 or Saturn yet, all earlier consoles I've played on here felt virtually flawless. N64, though... just feels a bit off. I did some reading to see if there's some combo of settings I can play around with, but nothing stuck out. I did see a couple of references to the developer saying something like "nothing more I can do given the limitations" but not sure if that's accurate, out of context, etc.
  6. @DEANJIMMY Always liked CHOPPER COMMAND I was never that good at it till I watched a YouTuber showing how to beat the game. It’s not a cheat, you have to work for it. Just a technique that works. Took me about three hours to complete! One of very few games I managed to beat.
  7. Holy wow, the peripheral tester says my Y values are inverted?! X values are fine, buttons are fine, but the top of the tablet is the maximum Y value and the bottom is the minimum?! And yet it still works in AtariArtist
  8. Using rufus I was able to upgrade from Win10 to Win11 on my VCS800
  9. https://www.atarimania.com/faq-atari-400-800-xl-xe-what-graphics-tablets-were-produced-for-the-atari_61.html Quote: Atari Touch Tablet CX77 - Shipped with AtariArtist cartridge RX8053 (Illustrator product by Island Graphics, Atari Touch Tablet version) - Also shipped with CX8104 Atari 810/1050 Master Diskette II disk (DOS 2.0S) - Similar to the popular, earlier KoalaPad, but returns reversed y-position values compared to the KoalaPad/Animation Station tablets - Device measures 7.5" x 9.5" x 1.25" - Drawing surface measures 5" x 6.5" - A list of compatible software is elsewhere in the FAQ list.
  10. Due to the rank participation of late I won't be able to do a Homebrew HSC for the Inty. That would prove to be even worse as most people won't have the games or the ability to download them and play them. I will put together a 20th season for the Inty HSC. This will occur either in the Fall of 2024 or the Winter of 2025 (I haven't decided yet). After that I will take a break from moderating the Inty HSC and see if someone else can take over the reigns. Maybe someone else can get this club off life support? 🤷‍♂️🥺
  11. The cartridge could, conceivably, be injected with some form of caulk, foam, gel, or epoxy. This would have to be done with the cartridge assembled in order to reach all of the potential voids within, but would definitely stop the rattles. Weight would increase, but it's a small price to pay for correcting Atari's original mistake. Mashed potatoes could also be used, but gravy should go in first so that it can't leak out of the slot where the cartridge's edge connector is.
  12. Adjusting from 60Hz to 50Hz isn't trivial in most cases (I mean, in terms of ColecoVision). Music playback is fairly easy to adjust, but movement of all the screen elements might be a big headache. I feel sorry for all PAL CV users out there, as they keep playing everything 20% slower than it should be.
  13. All sold! I still have an 800XL and 600XL in the box.
  14. @JetmanUK Oh Man! AIR RAIDERS that was one of my favorites I still play today! This game was so cool you can land, reload and take off again. I thought that was ahead of its time for Atari 2600. Great Deal!
  15. The kindest thing I can say about Covenant is that it was better than AvP:R. But nothing after Alien 3 counts anyway, so they're all just farts in the wind as far as I'm concerned. 😛
  16. I'm the same this was going to be a paddle system for me and was really disappointment when they didn't work well I sent my 2600+ back.
  17. is the latest LOAD-SCS in the https://www.9640News.com/Files/GeneveBootEprom200.zip file?
  18. I replaced my PAL Chopper Command with the NTSC one a while ago and noticed just how much nicer it is. I'm slowly doing this for most of my Activision carts as their PAL games are the worst. Slow, compromised colours and large borders. Yuck.
  19. Awesome stuff as always! So glad to hear that the Speed Coding compo is still going and that you guys are still there living it large! Loves my visits to the AC events of past. Stay awesome guys, nice looking game, super impressive for 24 hours too.
  20. Are those programs compatible with the CX-77? It's been decades since I last had one, but it was owned alongside a KoalaPad, and I can recall incompatibilities in some software with certain touchpads. AtariArtist sticks in my mind as only working with the CX-77; you could be running into the same thing with other titles. BTW, a copy of Florian Dingler's Perhipheral Tester is attached. Might want to run the tablet against it and see what the results are. Peripheral Tester, v2.0 (Florian Dingler, 2008).atr
  21. Touch tablets are resistive single-touch surfaces. The X/Y comes in through the paddle inputs. Buttons - left/right should correspond to the paddle fire buttons. These are the same inputs as joystick left/right. Fairly sure the stylus button corresponds to the joystick fire button. Behaviours you observe are probably "correct" - the different programs expect a certain input device to be used. Not sure if or how the mentioned programs can use different input devices.
  22. Ya that was an insight that simplified my coding of Forth conditionals. ( = < > 0= etc.) Since CLR and SETO don't play with status you can compare a register, then clear it or set it to -1 as a default result. Then you can change the register based on the previous comparison instruction. It's almost like the 9900 designers knew how to write an instruction set. Something like: ( Apology in advance. I don't use normal Assemblers often) ZEROEQ CI R4,0 * 0= compare top of stack cache to zero CLR R4 JNE $1 SETO R4 $1 NEXT * return to Forth However even though it's only four instructions you can see why a native code compiler would be more efficient on 9900. In MACHFORTH or ASMForth this is only two instructions, compare to zero and the jump.
  23. It may make sense anyway, since the JEQ will test the last thing that happened in the subroutine. As stated before, CLR doesn't change any status bits since the result is obvious anyway.
  24. Two NTSC games arrived🤗 Bought them in Germany, so price plus shipping was about 25% of an import😊 Chopper Command not only has got different colors (more like brown than ocher) but plays faster and so it is the far better game. The PAL chopper steers so sluggish I never liked the game... now I love it🤙
  1. Load more activity