All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. FYI - Just now playing with my A400 -mini but I have found that the PS1 Classic controller from the PS 1 Mini works wonderfully with this system. Great control and it appears to have most if not all buttons mapped correctly to it rather than lacking a menu button. This is the same controller I had a lot of success with on the Atari GSP.
  3. Can you give me the death sprites? I'm ready to add those in.
  4. I know, i'm finding I'm a bit busy but I have had a few practice runs
  5. Also if you design multi-color sprites such that the pixels collide then you're going to be always triggering the collision detection VDP register effectively rendering it useless.
  6. Wow, that sucks ... But I'm glad you solved your problem.
  7. I’ll check it out tonight when I get home. Cool! dZ.
  8. Sorry, it's just not my cup of tea.
  9. Ah, my second post on Atari Age.. of course it's a "Help Me!" message 😆 First I will address what appears to be my biggest hurdles at the moment. Second, I will go over my setup, etc. to help perhaps point out any issues that may be a result of user error or otherwise. My two main issues are that I cannot transfer files to my TIPI/Raspberry Pi, and the other issue is that I cannot seem to access certain sites while others seem okay. I followed jedimatt's wiki tutorial for the setup of the TIPI and everything seems to boot up and run okay. I also used ArcadeShopper's youtube video and other Atari Age/TI99 resources to set up my Wifi, etc. My WiFi is connected and appears to work fine. I can also access "MYTI99.COM" but only the login page or various game start screens since I need an account set up and can't set that up until I get the web browser working. I have tried accessing the "WHTECH" site to load the "DM2K" program, but all I ever get is a solid blue screen. When I try to access the TIPI from a Windows Computer, my access is either denied or some other issue. Despite those issues, I have no problem accessing and connecting to "TELNET". A little bit more about my setup: I am using a TIPI PEB from The Brewing Academy, a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, Sandisk 64GB Extreme Ultra Micro SD Card. I have a working PEB and working SAMS 1mb card and a FinalGrom 99. I made sure to always power down the Pi appropriately, and my TIPI PEB has been updated to version 3.25 once I was able to connect to WiFi. I also expanded my SD card on my initial start up through the "TELNET" program. From my descriptions can anybody suggest what the issue might be? Thank you very much in advance for you time, suggestions, and input!
  10. I don't know how though, as I swear I did it like I did before. Oh well. Here is the power dot blinking. I also attempted to add the score before the ghost pause. pacline12a.rom
  11. Can you still use the audio out from the monitor cable? I have Monitor cable to composite video with audio out. Can I still use the audio out from the monitor cable with the Sophia 2 DVI?
  12. For me, the best solution currently available is the SubAVGCart. Apart from networking, it has it all.
  13. Today
  14. There definitely seems to be diminishing returns on just adding more threads to process a single picture. I wonder now how sane it is to default the GUI to the number of threads of the CPU especially for a 32 bit program. The memory usage continues to slowly grow too the longer it runs (which is slightly concerning, but may be the expected caching behavior). In another year or so CPUs will have thread counts that will easily eat the max 4GB.
  15. Gotcha. Yes, that's what I was referring to -- is it a tall order for a retro-type game like this one. I too would be impressed, but I'm rooting for it!
  16. I don't think they expect anybody to buy these who already has a VS or who has a working EXP. I expect they have a lot of returns etc for the EXP, though.
  17. I've seen it happen before - my Cruis'n Blasts for example, paid themselves off in 5 1/2 months (were about $14k). But I've not seen anything that was a joystick or similar game do that before, with one exception, Super Street Fighter IV AE. That one feels like a unique case. If something like Asteroids can perform like either of those at my place, then I would be impressed.
  18. One suggestion on this last version -- I see that you made it pause after eating the ghost. If you really want to make it look like the game, you replace the ghost with the points right before pausing. Here's a screenshot from MAME, Pac-Man eating a second ghost. Obviously, this is optional, it looks good, although I would recommend at least disappearing the ghost before pausing. Here is my score for today: It is getting harder! LOL! -dZ.
  19. The NES looks a lot better on a tube TV. if you're playing on an LCD, I can't imagine doing so without an upscaler. The Retro Tink 5X Pro has been a life changer for me when it comes to just making the games look good on a modern TV
  20. The original 72-pin connector is very finicky. There's definitely an art to it. I've learned proper technique for getting games to run right away. that said, as I mentioned in another thread, I went with the Blinking Light Win years ago and haven't looked back since. I've heard the AVS is good, too, as well as the Analogue NT. but I've never tried those
  21. Strange... However, it is a major ecommerce platform in Poland and I offer the cartridges for sale there (and I am not going to change it ;)) You won't see much more there anyway:
  22. I've never reached Elite status in any version, but the home computer versions almost famously has no story, plot, or ending. Find the manual here: Nintendo Entertainment System Manual | Commodore C64 Manual Find a guide here: Elite - Guide - BBC Micro
  23. That's funny -- you couldn't get it to work, so "it doesn't need it." It did not need any of the changes you have made in the past couple of days, yet you must admit it is quite better with them. Anyway, it is up to you of course, but if you would like to try again, and need help in getting it to blink, just let me know. -dZ.
  1. Load more activity