All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Good idea, I've updated the listing so there's no confusion. Thanks for the heads up! I'll add it to the list. - James
  3. Sony buying Paramount... https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/18/business/paramount-sony-apollo-bid.html We can finally have a Spiderman vs transformers movie
  4. Sorry for all the typos in my texts: I often write on-the-go or while multitasking in other ways. In my different comments, I’ve pointed out that 1) the Lynx’ failure was probably due to too few games produced and released for it during its commercial time, more than the library content itself. 2) as to how you open, what then about those who’d find Tetris (in black and white to boot) tedious? I love both Klax and Tetris, so it wouldn’t apply to me personally. But you do appeal to personal taste here, and as to ports they are very often measured by ‘faithfulness’ to the original, which the Lynx sometimes did with phenomenal results. It was just that these ports weren’t the most popular and fashionable at the time. 3) The Lynx didn’t have a massive library, which, - I believe - ended up being its main problem, probably followed tightly by distribution and logistics-factors. But it does have exclusives that hold a ‘very high’ or ‘high’ handheld standard. Much of the Epyx-titles were really solid stuff for that era. I personally find Scrapyard Dog a good, fun and charming game. It’s one of my favourite Lynx titles, even if its through Thr Evercade I’ve played it thr most. (I played through it on Atari 50th too, on Switch, but it really shows that Lynx-games are meant for smaller handheld screens to look good. But even on a big screen I had my fun.)
  5. I’m not adding any features, I think we have plenty and the software needs to catch up. In terms of what fits, it depends on the fpga size. To me there are three options: i) 10M02: For people who just want a vanilla mono or stereo pokey replacement and minimal cost. ii) 10M08: Fits everything if we only include dual pokey. iii) 10M16: Fits everything with space for more. U1MB software control works on all of them (v1 to v4) with the plugin. SPDIF requires the external oscillator fitting. I suggest putting this on all of them because it’s cheap enough, though it’s up to whoever builds them.
  6. These seem to work. Now looking for the utilities. i.e. STAT, ASM, LOAD, etc. bdos.asm ccp.asm
  7. I think you can probably get away with almost any capacitor of approximately the right capacitance. Probably there is an optimum type/diametric with the best properties but I’d challenge anyway to tell me which is which with a blind test.
  8. Nice video! It always gives me the feels when I see old videos from back in the day of little kids playing Atari! BTW, are you aware that E.T. for Atari 2600 has been fixed? ET_Fixed_Final.bin E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial Fixed-manual Recommended Reading: Fixing E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial for the Atari 2600 Give it a try! You might find that you want E.T. on your list of top Atari 2600 games, after all.
  9. Here is his top ten list: 1. Pitfall! Just Kidding #1: E.T. Honorable Mention: Kaboom! 2. H.E.R.O. 3. Keystone Kapers 4. Adventure 5. Road Runner 6. Berzerk 7. Plaque Attack 8. Tunnel Runner 9. Spider-Man 10. Gremlins
  10. Yeah there are games I don't own the classic cart of which I am ok with just owning on the new 4 game and 10 game carts. I can see why you bought Haunted House, I have looked at Video Olympics myself as it's such a great and iconic game. I've not pulled the trigger though, but if I did it would be for a CIB copy of it, perhaps a couple of other games too, so it'll be nice to have Canyon Bomber, I could imagine my daughter playing it with me too, and appreciating the box.
  11. Apologies, this will be a "family friendly" list, okay?
  12. The MiSTer has an ST/STe core and it implements the MegaSTe variant but as per doc the cache is not implemented for RAM but the cache enabled mode turns on turbo bus RAM access (twice the speed). This is the link for MiSTer: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/AtariST_MiSTer (it does not mention the turbo bus but the MiST core does https://github.com/gyurco/MiSTery [cache control selects turbo bus speed] but I am not sure if the MiSTer version supports it as well, for now I assume it does). How close is the core to a real MegaSTe? I mean in 8MHz mode it is what it is, in 16MHz+Cache it kinda is very responsive [I tested with TOS 2.06]. I am pretty sure there are inaccuracies and some SW may not work but besides that how is the general behavior vs the real deal?
  13. So, that still doesn't work. In ECKN and RAMBrandt, big buttons move left/right, pen button moves up, moving the pen on the tablet does nothing. But in AtariArtist and the peripheral test app, it works.
  14. Hi guys, Back with Neo Ness. Here we see him back doing another awesome Neo-Geo video for us to enjoy. Thank you as always Ness. Keep it up bro. From the description, "Welcome to a journey through the iconic world of Neo Geo AES! In this exclusive video, we'll be taking a deep dive into my personal collection of Neo Geo AES games, showcasing the gems that have become the pride and joy of my gaming sanctuary. Join me as we explore the rich tapestry of titles that define the Neo Geo experience. From classic fighters like 'Fatal Fury' and 'The King of Fighters' series to timeless shooters like 'Metal Slug,' each game holds a special place in the hearts of enthusiasts worldwide. We'll uncover the stories behind each acquisition, from chance finds in retro game stores to dedicated hunts for rare editions and collector's items. Along the way, we'll discuss the condition, value, and gameplay of each title, providing insights and anecdotes that bring these games to life. Whether you're a die-hard Neo Geo fan or new to the scene, this video promises an immersive journey through the history, passion, and nostalgia of one of gaming's most iconic platforms. So, sit back, relax, and join me as we embark on a tour through my cherished Neo Geo AES collection. Subscribe now and let the adventure begin!" Anthony...
  15. Thanks! It's working now. 1090XL Z-80 CP/M development is continuing. 🙂
  16. I agree Shane. That's going to be really curious for us to find out how they will be doing this for the GBA. Looks like when the progress more into the game development they will say how. Anthony..
  17. Refactored my Atari 8-bit Multi-Tool (AEMT) for: a) Hierarchical command support, b) Enabled independent use of split, cart, and config (.cfg functions), and c) Modularization.  And still, after 45 years of coding, finding it takes longer to make such tools useable for others than it does to implement the core functionality.  First release this weekend.

18. Today
  19. 32,130 for me on Columns if we are playing on easy.
  20. Meh. I didn't buy a bunch of duplicates, but I do have a clean Haunted House just for the artwork.
  21. Correct, Helpful items for proof on owning a 1400XL. Thx
  1. Load more activity