All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This is the sort of game that, by rights, should interest me regardless of whether or not it's a Yars' Somethingorother game. However, from watching the video, the following things are immediately putting me off: The character's voice. Hearing it reminds me of finding a YouTube channel or podcast that looks like it could be really interesting - right up to the point where the presenter speaks and puts themselves right at the 'too annoying to watch or listen to' end of the spectrum. Does not fit in with the aesthetic or setting at all, and it's difficult to imagine playing it through without muting the audio. The bombardment of callouts, easter eggs, nostalgia tugs on the heartstrings, etc. By all means have these things in the game, but FFS tone it down a little. It doesn't need to come out of the firehose in the same way that, say, 'Ready Player One' deluged the audience with similar tropes. Frankly, that was something that majorly put me off of that movie, and if there's this much of it in a trailer it's likely a sign of more things to have to sit through. Does the game remain playable if both audio and video are disabled? The gameplay doesn't look be a total fit with the world it's set in. It's fine, but feels like it could be a reskin of a game set in a completely different universe. Do a graphics swap with Top Banana and it could pretty much be the 2024 'reimagining' of that game. I want to like this game, but the preview is not giving me the warm fuzzies. If there's a playable demo on the Switch I'll at least check it out, but it feels like it has an uphill battle to win over my interest enough to actually purchase it.
  3. Space Cavern was an early release by Games by Apollo, before they went with the blue label standard across all their releases. They rereleased it after the change to match everything else.
  4. I caught the bug recently. Up until now, the only "collection" I would say I have is all eight of the Parker Brothers cartridge releases of Frogger, complete in the box. I have expanded that with a direct-to-TV unit, a mini-arcade, the Coleco table-top arcade, and a boxed copy for the Sega Genesis. But, for some reason, I have been bitten to try to gather up the variations of labels for a bunch of the cartridges I have, and balancing price versus need (some of the ones I want are being flogged on eBay for $12 plus $5 shipping... really not that enticing for what would otherwise be common carts.) To be fair, Biff did accept a lower offer than the $199 he was asking, and it went into the hands of someone who falls under your #4. I have no qualms with your generalized assessments. They could be a thesis on the retro or classic market as it exists today and existed before.
  5. I have been able to test the below finally. Boot from SCSI via Geneve with MDOS 7.42 File copies: TIPI to SCSI SCSI to TIPI Floppy to SCSI SCSI to floppy IDE to SCSI SCSI to IDE HRD to SCSI SCSI to HRD Execution of files from both TI and Geneve Rename, Delete of files both TI and Geneve Create and Delete of folders on TI and Geneve Will do more testing through the weekend to put it through its paces. But looking good!
  6. You've just set foot into the rabbit hole! There's a whole wider world of standalone consoles, Sears models, clones and hardware variations, and computers. (And if you really want to punish your wallet, Jaguar CD. 😜) For the sake of your own sanity, it's probably best to stop where you are. πŸ˜„ But since you've already come this far, I would suggest adding at least one flavor of Super Pong and a computer. πŸ™‚
  7. Yes, if you were traveling on 52, you definitely drove past my street. It sounds like a good time. I'll have to make sure to get there.
  8. πŸ”₯πŸ”₯Need a favor!! πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Does anyone happen to have an english version Super Block Buster? Looking for a good scan of the instruction booklet. Or allow me to borrow it so i can scan it. I'll provide a shipping label. Thanks
  9. Thanks everyone.. I got it all working, the Geneve boots from both the original WHTECH SCSI and my version as well. And boots from both the SCSI2SD adapter and a ZuluSCSI unit. So, I am good now..
  10. Are you looking to have your new LCD installed on your broken MV? I offered a service for $35. https://voiceofthemummy.com/microvision-backlit-lcd-install/
  11. Oh you should definitley play PS1 on the MiSTer. Not sure why you haven't yet I put all my psx faves on it like Einhander, etc.
  12. According to this write-up, the embedded cores and Z180 will still be available. https://www.hackster.io/news/zilog-calls-time-on-the-venerable-z80-discontinues-the-standalone-z84c00-cpu-family-723594464754
  13. yeah, sadly the aliexpress and ebay resellers will be buying up stock and then charging more money soon as the news spreads. fpga cores are nice, but still having original parts are still best for building things, there always tiny little glitches or timing changes in the fpga cores, and then you have the issue fpga's themselves stop production more often then the original parts, and you have to port over the code to a new part, and overall some fpga's are more costly as well, and then there is programming side, and 3.3volt or 1.5volt level conversion as well, plus i still personally like having DIP only pcboards that can be easy assembled without all that smt stuff.
  14. I'd forgotten until this recent posting, but I had a 2600 cartridge that was labeled as belonging to a doctor's office. I'm not even sure if I still have that one. Now I'm going to have to hunt for my old post about it...
  15. I love the look of these computers.

Β 

Atari-130XE.thumb.jpg.d1d041e47d11011953e506581ba4fbcb.jpgatari520st-left.jpg.f7df36ac285157547d2deace212023ef.jpg

16. I think it's a fine idea, by the way. That wasn't meant as criticism. If I were sitting on a hoard of dead Microvisions, I'd be tempted at least. My piddly collection of 3 units including the deconstructed one (that I use for testing and development - never finished) just won't yield much profit. Back when I was spending time looking at every LCD toy in every thrift store for a usable replacement screen, Microvisions were cheap. I found a receipt from 2010 the other day for a dead unit with several games for $15. I expected the introduction of new screens to bump up the value of existing screen rot victims. Maybe that hasn't happened. I see a "parts only" unit on eBay with 4 games with starting bid of $10 so there might still be some margin to be had even if one hadn't cornered the market on dead units a few years ago.
  17. Since I was just playing Superman, my six year old asked if she could play it. Even though she is grounded from electronics right now, I said yes. And she beat Superman without any help from me for the very first time. The last time she played, she needed help getting Clark Kent back to the Daily Planet, but not this time. Her score was 1246.
  18. https://www.mouser.com/PCN/Littelfuse_PCN_Z84C00.pdf A bit of a bummer. The cynic in me knows some people will buy up as much of the last batches as possible just to bring up the prices. It seems to me that with Z80 cores available for SoC, FPGAs, and such, having the original CPU for maintenance purposes and to build proper TTL computers is a great thing. I dunno. I feel like I need to snap up a few to have on-hand for the potential of CPU death in my Z80-powered devices. PS: It just struck me that this CPU and I were conceived in the same year. I, however, beat it to the market.
  19. I used the trick to finish in a couple of seconds and it worked! You do have to inch yourself across the screen as described.
  20. Too bad Gunfight is no longer available from AA: https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=1627
  21. GenXGrown-Up did a couple of videos of Superman recently. Jon likes to show some tricks and stuff in his videos, and I was thinking of one he didn't mention. Then I tried it, and it does not work. For some reason, I had it in my head that Superman only had to catch Lex Luthor and repair the bridge to turn back into Clark Kent to finish the game. I tried it, and it does not work. My question is where did I get that from? At one time, was there a rumor that you did not have to capture the five henchmen? I cannot imagine I completely made that up out of whole cloth, but maybe I did. I am glad I did not make a comment about that on the video. He also did a video about finishing the game with 0 seconds off the clock. I did not know about this trick.
  22. Anyone with eyeballs knew better. However, we were also aware our Game Gear and Lynx batteries weren't going to last all the way through school field trips. Game Boys did.
  23. So close to 100k.... nooo! Got this last night, and a couple more games this morning like 80.6k 92k but generally bad luck on the asteroids. 99,450
  24. I really don't see the point of this. The visuals are also lackluster and the gameplay looks stiff and not fun.
  25. Just put together six five more kits. They come with a new glossy box and a custom Jaguar shipping box: https://www.ebay.com/itm/326095273689?itmmeta=01HVVK7W078929GFMX9QPPR5RK&hash=item4beccafed9:g:oBEAAOSwzaZlxwJC&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8JIB6Df29GvK%2BBOKWR6munJoPR9RJbZfEmbTP6pjMcF0jNqYym2XM8V2GagpgS2HCF3ILCFD92ktZmJ5CSXjOyBw%2FMIC0oTQRl8NW%2BoPZ%2BdXgPBiX6u9rWB5WRlrQHCBAe091aE0AH5TaUodHQdMh2nm1jKyRjx%2F1RV%2Br9r4RXHHgmdgx2WV7swYBoQ1JmTtN0SJOSOUpAkq4SJZUSTqDLts%2FWPXx1C8TGBZGLqyIDwH1Jc21YHK2na3VUmdHFPJlB0FtI5kNmuKKL9pZFQqUsOA6NH4TGmcKlm3CnoIrYHh23w2wq2DTeWaF7iXEYCVsA%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6rAn_PeYw
  1. Load more activity
Γ—
Γ—