All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Interesting idea! Currently I'm using hardware collision with the playfield (pellets) to determine if you've eaten a dot, then I check via software if that dot is a power pellet. I'd have to change to software collision with the pellets to implement that, as right now Pac-Man couldn't eat the power pellet while it's not visible. I'll think about that as I move forward with the game, great suggestion! - James
  3. Then the VCS might be be booting in Legacy mode, confusing Windows. Check these out: https://superuser.com/questions/1188011/cant-install-windows-beacause-the-disk-is-of-the-gpt-partition-style#1188414 https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-install-issues-gpt-partition/
  4. stirrell

Yars Rising

It is the same text as on Neo Sprint so it looks like that page likely got copied and they missed removing it from Yars.
  5. @ZeroPage Homebrew, when you start to implement flicker management for the fruits, you might want to decide to flicker the power pellet (if that helps with drawing fruit/ghost (eyes)) While in pico-8, the power pellet doesnโ€™t flash, the arcade version of Pac-man it does. With it being on for approximately every 2 out of 3 frames, and off for 1/3 of the time.
  6. I will continue to update the Pac-Line 2600 binary, no worries about that. ๐Ÿ™‚ - James
  7. Added to WIP: Turret Turmoil: Dreadnought Assault by Paul Lay @playsoft / Harvey Kong Tin @kiwilove | WIP Binary (20240418) PLAY ON JS7800 | Listing Updated: Apr 18, 2024
  8. Ya-EVERY time. More literally than I thought. Lol, don't say I didn't try to help! But THIS is how ya do it. DoggoneitL2bells.mp4
  9. Another benefit of an SIO2PC device is the cost. It provides immediate access to the bulk of the Atari 8-bit library for a small investment. If you build one yourself -- which is pretty easy -- you can save even more. I'd like to see the SIO2PC concept extended to include the cart port some day; then cartridges could be added to complete the list of media available. I'd also like to see a PBI/ECI port to PC device; then something like a virtual 1090 application could be run from the PC, giving the capability to provide all devices/cards in software instead of needing to create all this expensive hardware.
  10. I know... :^\ I saw a few things in there that I'd like to have, myself, but I can't get anywhere near him before he has to move. :^(
  11. Catch my files - they are correct and were tested. Eagle CAD needed to open. In this project I was using 39SF010 because I was thinking I would be able to put all E0 roms there. But unfortunately this cart uses different "hotspot" so we have only two games So You can change 39SF010 to smaller and cheap 27C256 and You don't need rotary switch - You can use two-position switch for two games. It fits to Sikor's plastic cases. Probably edge connector should be 3mm shorter, because when it is so long it will not open trapdor in some Atari consoles (fat). And pay attention to R1 resistor (1k). Not works without it. Probably new TTL chips don't like floating pins. 2600 Sikor E0.brd 2600 Sikor E0.sch
  12. It is not forbidden to release a ROM for free which contains IP, right? So you should be prepared for two versions, a PacLine ROM and a "Catwalk" cart binary.
  13. Make sure to get mommy's permission before you get a seller's hopes up!
  14. Except for certain goofballs that are wrong in every statement they make saying it doesn't use or show the Jag's full power Fumes and all.
  15. The jump forward/back is just a straight line up, then up+over, then over, then over+down, then down. Basically 5 straight lines approximating the arch as closely as possible. This saves a lot of memory and allows for just simple intergers. The delay on arching jump- just a variable counter that decides how long to move up, then up plus over, then over plus down, etc.. There is also a separate variable to delay the up/down jump. The frames are ALMOST as many as in MK2 on Genesis. But not quite, so to make up for lack of frames and telegraphic, the punch (for eg) will instantly appear out but damage is delayed a split second so irlt can be blocked.
  16. I have this game and each version of the Blue box....your manual price is on target...I have only seen a few pop up over the last 10 years...the average price sold is $1800 to $3500.... I know the person with the $3500 copy...the price is a little high but that is a good range in 2024..who know maybe more..not many in circulation..
  17. I took some picture of a real Atari Black VCS Joystick, I took it apart and you can see it has a pole in the middle of it and a hole though its pcb so why its a accurate joystick, RGL made the CXSTICK to much like THEC64 RED Joystick, they should of just copied the original Atari joystick and it would worked OK or did it like PLAION did with the Atari2600 Plus do not see why they didn't, they work together to make these. Atari Black VCS 2600 Joystick Teardown ========================== The good old days how things where built... a 80s joystick, I think it might of been made for the Darth Vader VCS, not sure when that come out, in the 80s maybe between 1980/82.
  18. While I fully agree there are better solutions, and your idea has some merit, it wouldn't be compatible with a lot of software. (Some, modern, upgrades also use $D380 as an address, so there's another compatibility problem.) Another option, would be to use PBI addresses. In such a case, enormous amounts of memory could be accessed. Sadly, such a solution wouldn't be compatible either.
  19. Got back from the cardiologist, I'm officially 56 pounds lighter since last June 29th, everything is A-OK. I have to go back in six months they want to do an ultrasound on my heart just to be safe but there's nothing going on, he couldn't be more pleased with my progress. They also want blood work for a cholesterol check but that will be low too, the last time I had it checked in December it was 158. This is the best I have felt in 10 years, I can't wait to get to Las Vegas in July to bowl Nationals and see my guys. After that hoping to make Portland this year. As always thank you all for your support.
  20. Enough good cannot be said about JagStudio. Itโ€™s the ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ knees!
  21. pps

Serial Number

As you shared this, I just looked on the machine, my childs got @easter... and, yes, it states "made in Hong Hong", too ๐Ÿ˜
  22. 55 downloads of the ZIP and nobody really commenting. I guess it either works, it sucks, or people are busy???
  23. Flash... You don't need to defend yourself in detail why or why not you are doing the Multitasking OS thingy... At revision 2024 I had a longer chat with Jac! And the CPC multitasking OS closer and played around little bit on the CPC standing on the desk. Nice one like it. But it's always kind of chicken egg issue with those OS?
  24. Very nicely done! I love the sprite work. I've had a pipe dream for a while now to make a samurai game but wasn't sure if the single button controller was enough to map all the combat moves I wanted to include (basic stuff like block/attack up and down plus jump and crouch). If you don't mind me asking, how did you decide on the control scheme? How many frames does each animation last and what kind of a delay did you institute for the jump forward/back feature?
  25. I remember this was a PIA - Win10 keeps complaining my disk is of GPT type and cant install, however Linux terlls me I have an MBR file system type on my SSD
  1. Load more activity
ร—
ร—