All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. For my current kernel, it is a one line kernel with Y register as the line counter. The development is very early (just testing an idea) so I don't have any space or speed problem yet, my question for now is rather "is there any code you use/know for this problem that you find elegant ?"
  3. They make smaller diameter capacitors that will fit. Because of differences in diameter, I ended up buying 2 sizes of the same capacitor.
  4. Maybe your keyboard is faulty? Someone rearranged the letters as a prank when you weren't looking? Would explain things
  5. Well i swear to GOD i did hit the Y letter to intend to say ‘why’ rather then saying ‘who’ in the title, but i guess that because my vinger did moved sooo fast that once i swapped to another letter, that it all the sudden did registered Y instead, oh well shit could happen and a simple oversight mistake could easily happen by everybody i suppose,so yeah.
  6. Should just pop the cart in and the burned or import disc, then start it up and it should boot up PSK. Then hit Start Game. Now if I could get the Ultimate Symphony of the Night to play on disc.... 😝
  7. Great game, many thanks! I am playing it on real hardware with CRT TV and Trakball - amazing!
  8. Sometimes I wish I lived in a different country where they sell stronger over the counter drugs, without the need to see a doctor and get a prescription.

9. Your question or mine to @manterola? I agree in theory, trying 3 (dongle mod) permutations via handwired adapter cable had the same (failed) result. I tried them out on both ports, same result. I have no other joysticks/devices (yet) to try out, but I can open it up this afternoon and poke around it w/a logic probe after I find the signal specs online (Sams Computer Facts probably?). @_The Doctor__ do the Salt carts diagnose controller ports? Edit: I should include, I tested an Hyperkin Ranger that worked fine w/games, another reason I don't think it's that the ports are faulty.
  10. Millipede is my favorite official Atari release! Thank you for these tidbits! I freaking love the 2600 version. Even with joystick control it is extremely good. Smokes Centipede IMHO.
  11. If you check the comments section in the video I posted, Gladmort is only coming to the AES. That stinks. If this is true, I won’t be buying it. I really want an MVS version.
  12. I don't know, i'd have to open it up but i think mike does a reasonable deep dive into what's under the hood in this video.. so watch this to find your answer for sure.. if memory serves I feel like it's an 8 way setup.. switch-wise what is this for? vga? total ignorance here on this request and very curious (Thank you). I should double check this is a thing. i feel like i did but can't remember for sure. I will say that it's a bit clunky to try those adapters. I do have both kinds (female female / male male) but i'm not sure how well they will stay in.. not to shamelessly plug another product but I do now offer a INTV 2 Flashback product as well.. basically the exact opposite product in a nice compact size like the other, but.. different By the time you might buy those other parts then find things falling apart.. this honestly would be the headache free means to go the other direction.. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1696205785/intellivision-flashback-adapter-sockets ther's a 3.5mm jack on the intellivision somewhere? i'm trying to visualize how between this and a PC15 interface ties into the intellivision. Sounds interesting though
  13. I'm assuming you're taking about this: Why does everyone always want to assume there is some sort of conspiracy going on? As someone who made many game manuals in the 80s, I can tell you that sometimes you just use whatever assets you have at hand laying around and there's a very good chance that the person who designed that manual, probably never even saw the Intellivision version of the game and probably had no clue whatsoever that it was different. They were probably also given like an hour to put together that manual and box, and let's be honest, it could have been a brown paper bag that said "Pac-Man" on it in Crayon and it would have sold a bazillion copies, so just be happy there was any graphical element to the box or the manual to begin with....
  14. Dalton has pretty much finished building his Uzebox Omega, he's just waiting on the AV cable to arrive now so that he can test it. I have put my most recent Uzebox Omega build up for auction on ebay: Included in this bid: * A fully assembled and tested Uzebox Omega v1.1 console with 3D printed silk silver copper case. * A Uzebox compatible Adafruit SNES / Uzebox controller. * A "universal" power supply adapter. * A 16 GB Uzebox compatible SD card (the Uzebox can only use the first 2 GB) * An unshielded Mega Drive 2 SCART cable. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335365807709
  15. Still only two players? What's the matter, is this game too hard for everyone??? 🤷‍♂️😵🥺
  16. Hello. To modify a quote fromSor Mix a Lot ... I like big sticks and I cannot lie. Does your PCB have 16 individual actuation points, or do you take an XY space and divide it into 16 wedges and a bullseye? If the second, would it be easy to build a PC15->INTV2 controller interface with the 3 action buttons interfaced with a 3.5mm TRS female. (I got 8bitwidgets.com 's INTVFB->INTV2 adapter, [which I heard is reversible with a double male straight DB9 and double female straight DB9.] So I can provide my own connection needs as far as flashback pins are concerned ) I Got my own keyboard needs met with a DB9 straight y splitter and an INTVFB pad and appropriate cables. All I need is the PC15 to INTV2 circuit and the 3.5mm TRS interface with the 3 action buttons. Can that be hired to get done for $100 or less?
  17. Hi, if you go to the CV deployment window, do you have all green checkmarks? (or at least 2 if you are using 056b runme) Does the CV DB Record status report like this? If this entry looks good in the record status as above, then please from the main window, navigate to the most recent games entries... For Mouse Trap, it should look something like this image below. The most important value will be what is displayed in "full game path" ... If you go to this screen and click on "trigger" it should open the matching trigger record. If it doesn't, or if some value looks incorrect (implying a potential typo or something), please send me a screenshot of what values are showing in your GAME record. Important note on the CORES, you shouldn't attempt to use other cores for these retroarch configuration files I've established (outside of a possible newer build of the same core or general experimentation), but for those CV games using them, they are designed to work with the specific core types, which are UNIQUE in how they handle the controller input. [UPDATE] - I just performed a test with an non-enhanced games.db file, and added the db enhancements, performed a deployment to add the CV records, and the mousetrap game is launching fine for me from the GUI... I'd have to see what your settings look like.
  18. There are a great number of boots that command a lot of money doesn't really mean anything to me, at least not in any sort of positive way. Whenever somebody makes a bootleg game, and sells it, they are clearly dabbling in criminal activity. At least in the United States. I understand that copyright laws are pretty lax, and in many cases wholly non-existent in places like Asia, Africa, etc., where many bootlegs are produced. Lack of copyright laws in these foreign countries and elsewhere does not diminish the fact that making/buying/selling bootleg games is ethically wrong. Regardless of whether a LAW prohibits such activity is almost irrelevant. By purchasing bootleg games that have already been purchased before, perhaps even many times before, you are still joining a community of people who have made the conscious decision to SUPPORT people who make their living by stealing intellectual property and then cheating the legal copyright holders of profits they rightfully should have earned from those bootleg sales. Supporting such people only increases their numbers. Where copyright laws do not exist, take a minute to ask yourself why someone with a $50 ROM copier and 3 minutes of spare time should be allowed to steal and then profit from somebody else's work that required a great deal of skill and hundreds or even thousands of hours of effort. Even promoting the collection of bootleg games is ethically wrong because it normalizes criminal activity, it sends the false message to other collectors that it's okay to profit in this way too. Why so many people think this is okay mystifies me. Perhaps they just don't think this through. People ARE being taken advantage of by bootleggers, whether you realize it or not. I am all for capitalism, but only if it is sensibly reigned in so that others do not get cheated. But I am not here to change anyone. Collect your way if you must, and I'll collect my way. But collecting, promoting, and especially assigning values to bootleg games is an ethical bridge I am unwilling to cross. There is a better way to live your life than to make money the Donald Trump way. -Ben
  19. I think we would need some more input for giving you a good answer here. E.g. Is it a two or a single line kernel? Do you have the line counter in a register? Does it have space or speed optimized? Or a good compromise of both? ...
  20. https://www.linusakesson.net/software/sidreloc/index.php
  21. Hi, Is it possible to embed array's in mad pascal and set an address where it has to be put in memory? In assembler I did it with .ORG $address decades ago. Just found it resource files can do it I think lets experiment. If thats not correct please reply with the correct option.
  22. TI used the small caps in Parsec as the status line ("Alien craft advancing!"). I noticed it on my Geneve where I replaced the small caps with true lower case letters.
  23. Ok got the memory location of array in mad pascal aswell screendata:=array...... var address:=integer; address:=(word(@screendata)); writeln(address) // decimal output write(IntToHex(address, 4)); // hex output
  1. Load more activity