All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Here a screenshot from usb loaded M.U.L.E.: Problem is really just a wrong image of the game. I really can't understand how such a mistake can happen... Is there no one who takes control, if everything is correct?
  3. Digital reproduction is generally quite accurate, but too many analog to digital conversions is asking for trouble. That file may have been made from a tape. That's 1. recording back to tape again, that's 2.đźš« Best to make tapes directly from a TI-99/4A. Best to play those digital files directly back to the TI-99/4A. IMNSHO.
  4. I do play risky but it seems to really step things up at Stage 16, although watching it back even for me I’m wincing at some of those gambles haha. Will rewatch your video. But yeah, from that point you seem to be much more likely to hit dead ends in the meteor field and I should maybe let go of getting the lit UFOs in order from there. That bunker bump is probably it, it does catch me out a lot for some reason. All part of the game! Really glad for this high score thread though, it’s nice to properly dig into a title I otherwise wouldn’t have focused on.
  5. I had a note yesterday saying delivered Saturday and then a message this morning saying it’s coming today - checked detail and the courier is Royal Mail, which is pretty rare for Amazon these days so that might account for the time being all over the shop. I usually have Royal Mail delivery by midday so only a couple hours to go. I’ll hopefully get both unboxing and Let’s Play videos uploaded this weekend.
  6. A lot of people have asked me if Michtron is Y2K compliant. As far as I can tell YES. I have an NetUSBee, so I fire it up with STING loaded, then use this software TIMEC to sync with an NTP server. TIMEC.PRG will actually bomb out with 2 Bombs but when I warm reset my MegaSTe , the clock has actually been synced as well as the date. As far as I can tell the date is handled correctly , when I connect using UIP , the date stamps seems legit.
  7. Would you say that MULE is still playable apart from the bugs?
  8. I am new to Ti-99, am trying to learn the ropes. I bought a portable cassette player, and fabricated a cable myself, and it works with my Ti-99/4A. I am able to CSAVE CS1 a simple program, then power off the machine, then OLD CS1 the program back in, and it works. I am now trying to get fancier. I went to https://ftp.whtech.com/#Cassettes and downloaded "BlackBeards_Treasure_Copy1.wav". On my Windows PC, I played it back to the headphone jack and recorded it on the cassette. I listened to the cassette afterwards and verified that a recording had taken place. I then moved the cassette player to my TI-99/4A system and tried to "OLD CS1" the file. It fails with "NO DATA FOUND". Am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Brad
  9. Ok, I have now played various games for about 1 hour (only the pre-installed ones, PAL) and my first impression is rather sobering. - MULE doesn't seem to have been tested very well. 2 crashes, display errors in the store, Wumpus hunt success screen shredded - Missile Command very imprecise controls or the stick feels bad - M49 input lag and imprecise controls - Millipede not playable. Controls are a disaster. - Berzerk is also difficult (lag) As I said, this is my first impression. I haven't tested the optional input options yet and I'll have to take another look at the games in Altirra. Maybe I have the wrong memories. I'll connect my 130XE battleship later and check that out again. The front end makes a good impression. But the lags are really bad, I'm very sensitive to that. But as I said, I'll have to take a bit more time and compare.
  10. Yes paddles work fine on the DB9, that is a mist hardware limitation. I’m aware about a couple of games misusing the reserved bits in DMACTL. Yes I should probably add a way to disable the extension bits like slingshot did on the mist.
  11. Been looking for something like this. Thanks!
  12. I am really sorry about that, my bad. I was trying to be too clever for my own good. I had attempted to copy the generated XB256 Soundlist and paste it into Classic99, and of course it didn't work (which is a shame). Even after editing the long lines & tweeking the entry points, XB256 didnt know how to handle BIN$(). "String-number mismatch". You know the old addage, Never read the instructions unless absolutly nessesary, well i had to read them. I exported the code as FIAD, & merged it into my program. It worked perfectly, as you intended. Thank you.
  13. The very end of it is not used by the p-system, I believe. I have not verified that. But as long as you return the original page prior to returning you can use other pages too.
  14. Thank you I wasn't aware that there were different tension settings. I moved it to the lightest setting, disks still read perfectly and there are no more deposits on the head. Thank you, all the disks are from my childhood. The have been stored in boxes in various basements for 30+ years, in one of which humidity was quite high. Luckily only disks out of one small box had mold on them, the rest is perfectly fine. Disks are from various manufacturers, mostly 3M and from a rather cheap local Swiss company and a few BASF. I'm now copying with open drive and the lighter tension settings seemed do to the trick - or maybe I just a had a few dirty/degrading disks.
  15. I'm fairly sure you meant color blasting, right? ********* Snow White: Happily Ever After What's this? A beloved Disney/Capcom collaboration that slipped under the radar? No actually. Made by Imagitec and released in '94 as a NA exclusive, this one is based on the 1989 Filmation movie, though it's clearly a sequel to the Disney film. I guess as the story is public domain, they were able to use it however they wanted. The game itself is a colorful collect-a-thon geared for the younger folk and of course a platformer. As per the target audience, the difficulty level is on the easier side. It seems to be a pretty decent one with two playable characters and warping points inside levels, so you can collect, collect and collect some more.
  16. 15320. I am trying other levels at the bottom is a difficult one.
  17. @Ben from Plaion should know about this (and hopefully fix it soon). If the problem is not bad emulation but caused by a bad image as @www.atarimania.com suggests, I am happy to supply a working Diaperboy crack.
  18. Today
  19. No it doesn't. It starts on a stock 130XE and does not start at all on the Mini with 130XE config. If you don't remember, then know that things like this should be verified first before making any false claims.
  20. This concern has become true here. A few times I didn't pay attention to the power status of my old Atari and pulled out the cartridge while the Atari was still on. I was very lucky to see that it didn't cause any problems to my beloved 42 yo retro hardware. Perhaps my brain reacted to "no atari sign led" and thought my 4 switch woody might be off. 🫤
  21. Version 1.06 of C64OS has been released! This version has some new utilities including "Visualizer." To upgrade to your v1.05 to v1.06, go to https://c64os.com/c64os/softwareupdates To purchase C64OS, see https://c64os.com/c64os/#order Back in California! Robert Bernardo Fresno Commodore User Group – http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network – http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan April 13-14 Commodore Los Angeles Super Show 2024 - http://www.portcommodore.com/class
  22. How rare is this game as one is on eBay and the seller claims only about 80 of these were ever made. Is this an accurate number or did William Thorup actually release this game in higher numbers than that. It’s one of those games I’d totally forgotten ever got released but would be interested to add to my collection but did wonder about it’s rarity. Another important question is how good is it - I’m guessing it’s pretty much a generic Flappy Birds game or is there more to it?
  1. Load more activity
Ă—
Ă—