All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The website blocks me with my browser settings. And I am not going to change them.
  3. I still like the company and product BUT... Anyone who has yet to be able to defeat their internal FOMO demon is going to end up with one large closet full of "discontinued" systems that -basically- all do the same thing Happy with my "original" Vs. at this point
  4. RF only for this one and it was shipped. The sellers packaging was exceptional.
  5. Not yet, they are saying probably next week at this point, although disconnecting the knocker did dramatically cut down on the number credits the game gives itself. Still, if there was a way to look at how much time its been played vs. coin drop, they would be wildly different. From Thursday-Monday, the game pulled in 43 coins, so $10.75. Not bad given the nature of the glitch. But if you start comparing to other new games - a single Maximum Tune driver did $74.25 over the weekend - then not so much. But, it did do better than some of the classics like Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga which didn't manage $5, so that's a win, I guess. Just as long as its not making $15/wk when its fixed. What are my fellow operators going to want to see out of a brand new game at its price point? Minimum $250/wk or higher (which would mean it pays itself off in a year or less). You could get away with a little less, but more than 2 years ROI will be a tough sell since the market isn't a vacuum. To be fair, it was one of the slowest weekends we've seen all year. April/May tends to be my slow season, excepting anything like Spring Break or some other time off of school. In a way its good, since the glitch isn't going to produce correct results anyways. So, if there's any time for it to have problems like this, now is better than when more eyes would be on it. I will also be recommending that they add under the control panel lighting. As weird as it might sound, the game is too dark in my arcade, so I think that is keeping some from noticing it.
  6. It took a bit longer than I expected, but here it is: https://allegro.pl/oferta/dog-walk-gra-na-atari-2600-cartridge-15481093274
  7. Now I don't know what kind of game you are planning to convert, but if it's something that has some kind of action, then you should be aware of that if you put such a function as @Vorticon provided above in a pre-compiled unit, then you have a very convenient way of handling it. But you also have the absolutely slowest possible call command to use it. A global external inter-segment call is by far the most complex way there is to invoke a procedure. So if you intend to call this gchar equivalent frequently I recommend you include it in your main program instead.
  8. I can't get the power dot to blink. I sat here for like 2 hours but I couldn't do it. I've done everything else though. I don't think it needs to blink because it's green and bigger. pacline12.rom
  9. I placed my order a couple days before the sales ended, so July 21st I think. Still waiting on it patiently no rush, I know good ol Al is getting them out!
  10. Gonna add this to the prize pack, seems appropriate. This is a special "glow'n'dark" decal and Jaguar flashlight to charge up the decal.
  11. Yeah I tempted as well and it's also a one hour drive. I do have a Tandyvision but not a box. But I also want to buy some Intellivision Collector games.
  12. Sweet tv! Is it rf only? Just curious if you found it local or it survived shipping?
  13. River Raid 42060 1st live bridge 16 1st live score 26370 1st live bridge 1-4 7420
  14. I thought it would be better to put all these intermediate versions in the first post of this topic. So there is another update there - v0.32 Update 2024-04-16: v0.32 - title screen with music (currently Polish version, but there will be also "International" version ;)) - two difficulty levels - you can switch them while you are on the title screen; there is no mark of the choosen level yet - you can get back to the title screen after game is over - butterflies are speeding up, the game is harder now
  15. Today
  16. Yes, but you paired it with "coarse" and I did not want to go down that rabbit hole 😜
  17. Has anyone ever finished Elite for the NES? Does the game have an ending? What happens after you reach Elite status or when you complete all the missions?
  18. Yup, funnily enough I fixed an XE the other week which had jittery colour. Sprayed the colour pot a few times with contact cleaner. Moved it about a bit and all was well. Not saying this is the answer, but always worth doing in these instances.
  19. There is no CP/M RAM disk standard. There's not a standard to how banked memory was done. CP/M 3 supported banked memory, but their implementations varied wildly, ranging from 4kB to 32kB of bankable RAM. Similar to how there is not one disk format. Each system had their own disk format, and if they supported a RAM disk, it was in their custom BIOS implementation. I have seen drive M: (for "memory" I suppose) or drive P: (last one available). But since your goal is four drives (A:-D:) you could just as easily use E:. As all disk access goes through the Atari OS SIO routines, it's much easier to mount several ATR disk images with SIDE or another PBI IDE implementation and have your SSED disk images on a CF or SD card. Just as fast, and non-volatile. You can even boot from them. RAM disks are obsolete IMO. Well except for initramfs during Linux boot I suppose CP/M is also not capable of mixing floppy formats, as the disk layout is fixed in memory. And swapping disks is also a thing. Never swap a disk in the middle of an application or it will ruin your filesystem. The only way to swap disks is when CCP is running and after a swap press control-C to restart CCP so it logs in the new disk. If you forget the last step, it might ruin the newly inserted disk.
  20. When this happened to me the other day, I used Brave browser and that let me download it.
  21. I suspected the stylus worked better. The handles I use on my 3DS, else my hands cramp, block access to the stylus. Wish it'd been designed with either a cutout to access the stylus storage, or a new place to store the stylus.
  22. Oh, gotcha. I didn't have any problems with the menu, but I always use a stylus, not my fingers.
  23. Grizzards added: Thanks @Bruce-Robert Pocock!
  24. The guy who put a Pak 68/3 accelerator board into a STacy for the very first time, dubbed it "Super STacy". I'm good with that. I'll just leave "mini STacy and "STacy mini" right where it's at. You're not wrong about pricing. Like so much retro stuff these days, the costs are amazing. I noticed at SouthernAmis that even in the 8bit world, the MIO's are going for $350-600.00 on Ebay. That's actually right - the internal ACSI port is the same on the Mega STe and STacy - they share the same controller board. Interestingly enough, some STacy's have a place on the motherboard, with an external cover, for the Mega ST port as well. My STacy has the external cover and the place on the MB for the connector but it's not actually there. It's mentioned briefly by John Jainschigg here: https://www.atarimania.com/documents/atari-stacy-Atari_Explorer_September_October_1989.pdf
  25. It took me a while to work it out but I finally did... This how you do it, make sure you do not load a game image in Media Access. How To Load ATARI BASIC in THE400Mini: Open USB Media Access, on the carousel look for the USB Stick Game Slot, its blue, highlight it and press the fire Button on it and then Open the Games Settings Menu by pressing Menu Button and then highlight and press on the toggle button next to Enable BASIC(it on the top right of the menu) to enable it and then press TOP(Up) Button to go back to Media Access and now highlight THE400_BASIC.atr file on the root of the USB Drive, it should of made one and then press Fire Button to select it, then press Home Button to run Atari Basic... Done... . Now you can type a BASIC program in THE400 Mini and then save it to the THE400_BASIC.atr file by using the save command in BASIC, like how you are meant too and not by using Save States... .
  1. Load more activity