All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Cool, yeah Lowry Parcade is one of the arcades I was referring to that I've been to. It's a fun spot. Worth stopping in if you pass by or are in the area. Not sure where you are in Tampa Bay, but Replay arcade is also worth a visit, and worth the drive if it's not crazy far from you. You may have already seen my post on it, if not, the link is below. Replay is in downtown Tarpon Springs (not the Sponge Docks area) and it's awesome. It's a regular arcade, no bar or food, but you can leave and come back as much as you want, and there's a bunch of bars and restaurants right around it within a couple of blocks. I'm in Northwest Tampa Bay, so it's not too far from me. I go all the time.
  3. Are there any alternatives to WATA? Are they the only organization that does game grading? As I see it, a WATA-graded game will get the biggest boost in price, but a game graded by a lesser-known entity should still be worth more than an ungraded game. Just as a three-star hotel is not as nice (or expensive) as a five-star hotel, but it is better than a completely unrated establishment.
  4. Guess it depends on who blew their nose with it. Like if it was Taylor Swift...... 3k easy.
  5. I'm not a Facebook user, but a friend mentioned that the author confirmed that there is an issue, and that shipping has been temporarily suspended. Though the grapevine, I heard the issue is related to no-buzz Vectrexes, but I haven't confirmed that. Still haven't received my official shipping notification, so it looks like I've got a while longer before I'll be playing any Hera Primera.
  6. The Keycaps are actually quite similar. It's the Key switch that's different (taller than MX keys). The way the PCB is built is also significantly different. It's not a box, the key switches mount directly to the PCB.
  7. They've arrived. Only had a quick glance thru so far but I don't think there's anything special (half the disks have a printed disk catalog of what's on them, the other half just have an alphanumeric number on them like "675B" no idea yet what that's all about). Of the labeled ones there's quite a few with TI music on them, maybe MusicMaker files? Will try and look thru them in more detail and then post a summary
  8. Not speaking for Mathy, but as an interested observer, it's not totally clear to me what the new featureset will be U1MB / Incognito compatibility is also a consideration. FWIW, I've been holding off on installing a PokeyMax for some time because V4 was on the horizon. With potentially 6 machines that would end up with one in them, I'd really prefer to use a single variant than have multiple versions scattered across the range if possible.
  9. As long as you use RGB output the Atari STs are sw switcheable 50/60 so PAL vs NTSC matters very very little … many RGB monitors accept both afaik, and for sure many modern RGB to HDMI converter accept both (even in US I was susrprised how TV accept 1080p50 no issue, the 720p50 was more of a hit and miss but haven’t tried in a long time, can’t remember ever trying 480p50). So now get on it … chop chop chop you are missing out ☺️
  10. IIRC there's a patched version of RAMBrandt and maybe the former too, to get them to work. check: https://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=utils&sub=2. Grafika&tg=RAMbrandt#RAMbrandt ...and generally google around.
  11. But in FAQ 8.10 here https://www.atarimania.com/faq-atari-400-800-xl-xe-what-programs-use-touch-tablet-or-koalapad-animation-station_99.html It says Pixel Artist Deluxe and RAMBrandt specifically work with the CX-77. So what am I doing wrong?
  12. Hmmm, me too. Also, what does it look like? Just a big naff M? Or something better? 🤔
  13. Good news: I found the issue. The Apache Webserver deletes the Content-Length http header set in the PlusCart API. The PlusCart needs the length of the response to parse it correctly. Bad news: I need my hoster to "fix" the changes they made to the Apache webserver tonight.
  14. I have both the red and blue label versions of Space Cavern. I just liked the art and variation, and they were cheap. I'll post a pic when I'm home later.
  15. I wonder if anyone has one of these free decals today.
  16. until
    Apologies for the very late reminder... Just a reminder for the Atari BBS community zoom chat for tonight, Friday, April 19th 2024 at 8pm Eastern. For more information and the proposed agenda, go to http://www.ataribbs.com/zoomchat This is also the link to the zoom meeting itself (it will automatically forward from 15 minutes before until four hours after the meeting starts). As you well know, the agenda is always subject to change and the whims of whoever actually attends, but what is planned is... Followup discussions on AtariAge BBS Guru Club threads. I may have just found a decent VT52 editor sitting around on my own hard drive! More fun with SEXPOTS? Hell's BBS Demo (for the ST) And whatever else we find ourselves discussing! I apologize for the late notice but still I hope to see you there!
  17. Apologies for the very late reminder... Just a reminder for the Atari BBS community zoom chat for tonight, Friday, April 19th 2024 at 8pm Eastern. For more information and the proposed agenda, go to http://www.ataribbs.com/zoomchat This is also the link to the zoom meeting itself (it will automatically forward from 15 minutes before until four hours after the meeting starts). As you well know, the agenda is always subject to change and the whims of whoever actually attends, but what is planned is... Followup discussions on AtariAge BBS Guru Club threads. I may have just found a decent VT52 editor sitting around on my own hard drive! More fun with SEXPOTS? Hell's BBS Demo (for the ST) And whatever else we find ourselves discussing! I apologize for the late notice but still I hope to see you there!
  18. No worries... Just wanted to make you aware of an issue that could potentially be impacting.
  19. Unfortunately I do not have anything on 25pin DB.. any real drive I have is 50pin or 68pin. A fellow on the Bluescsi discord has this working on Link2 device same computer. so it should but he is using ICD 6.5.5 which I of course have tried as well. No joy yet.
  20. @Shift838 try this scsi loader and see if it works.
  21. Watched this movie a couple of months back. Had it on in the background while working from home one day. I actually tried to stop at Lowery Barcade on Waters Ave. after work last Friday, but they don't open till 5PM on weekdays.
  22. From This is Pete: Hunter's Moon: multidirectional shoot 'em up Armalyte: horizontally scrolling shoot 'em up Hawkeye: run and gun platformer Snare: top-down action puzzle... thing Retrograde: part horizontal scrolling Defender-esque shooter, part platformer Creatures: Platformer with puzzles Summer Camp: Collectathon platformer Heatseeker: technically a platformer, but one of the weirdest games you'll ever play Creatures II: More platform puzzles with a few more minigames Winter Camp: Multi-genre action/puzzle thing Nobby the Aardvark: Platformer with some levels that play from different perspectives https://evercade.co.uk/cartridges/thalamus-collection-1/ Sounds like a good mix! Looking forward to it.
  1. Load more activity