All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Got it. Prometheus was a 2012 film in the Alien series. Let's hope the new Alien movie this summer is a good one!
  3. The good news it that your wish is granted! By me, retro and 80's arcades are just as popular, if not more popular than the modern arcades / FECs. My favorite local arcade is all 80s games, with zero of those huge modern games. There are several of these retrocades. Here's my favorite that I go to all the time:
  4. /*Best Darth Vader Voice*/ Impressive. Most impressive. ... My issue once I get up to about bridge 40 is fuel. I've a tendency to hold the stick back early in the game ... and I have to consciously think NOT to, so I can make it to the next fuel depots before I run out. I'm also not good at suppressing my urge to shoot the fuel after getting 90% of it, which doesn't help later in the game where you largely need ALL of it. ... Congrats!
  5. @Beeblebrox Thanks for the confirmation and the tip video. I saw another from Andrian Black doing a similar trick. I have to report: I now have a working Mitsumi keyboard in my latest Atari 800 pick up!
  6. I find Klax to be a rather tedious puzzling experience and observe that it is the calling card of weak games libraries, when the best that can be said is complimenting ports since it came to everything and was basically the same everywhere.
  7. I'm probably in the minority and somewhat driven by nostalgia, But the more I see modern arcades, with their GIANT screens and Huge games taking up huge real estate, (Your Space Invaders Frenzy, Fast & Furious, and HALO Firestorm blahditty Blah), and (understandably) costing more for the arcade owner and costing more to play; The more I appreciate the way it used to be, with smaller cabs and screens where you'd walk up and enjoy your game, (Or maybe you and a friend for fighting, co-op, or alternating players type games)...I'm actually glad the Asteroids: Recharged is not a Giant, room-sized, experience... Maybe the pendulum will swing and it will get back to being able to enjoy your game in anonymity and not broadcast it to everyone who walks by, nor worry about how many tickets the machine is spitting out... PS: Nothing wrong with the Big games, per se, I just Also want the smaller cabs to come back in fashion.
  8. I had forgot where this thread went, so when I looked at the last post, I was confused. I was trying to remember the 2600 game Prometheus.
  9. Aside from the one dude who spends hours on it, most have played for several minutes, then walk away. New weekend and new people though, so we'll see
  10. Wow, an honour indeed. There are 9 games on my suggestion list, I'd be happy to give any of them a try. I haven't played Great Escape, Blinky's Scary School or the Atari version of The Last Ninja 2 before, so I don't know whether they're any good
  11. Needs a 35K expansion to run. Really well done imo. https://www.indieretronews.com/2024/04/prince-of-persia-has-been-converted.html
  12. Haha, excelllent job with building the anticipation!! 😀 Yep, I figured sales wouldn't be over the top with the coin glitch. Was just curious if people were actually playing it, or just walking by!
  13. Great effort McKong You can suggest an entire poll as you wish - perhaps for the next round (R7 as R6 is now up), 9 games
  14. Scores for R5 added including Torq's catch-up Galaxian 12pts
  15. I know that most people won't agree but I thought Prometheus was pretty good.
  16. Ok this tells me your network is not allowing connections between the devices.. this is either your router/ap settings OR you have done something on the PI to restrict connections like adding a firewall or security settings.. What router do you have? Is it set to isolate devices? are you doing this ping on ethernet or wifi? some routers isolate wifi devices from each other
  17. Some ideas https://forums.atariage.com/topic/224658-straightening-cables-1st-attempt/?do=findComment&comment=2975724 https://forums.atariage.com/topic/162225-free-straight-cords-on-refurbished-colecovision-controllers/?do=findComment&comment=4064276
  18. Seeing as it turned out to be the winning score, and a new HSC record, a screenshot is probably in order. The game doesn't seem to get any more difficult after bridge 50-60. I got to the point where, fatigue aside, I felt like I could play for ever, gaining a life every three or four bridges. That said, I did have some more games after this one but couldn't get this far again
  19. Will try and keep this summary brief! The 40 disks with just numbers on them (e.g. 588B) all have a volume name of (in this example) "USERGROP588B" The others: S.T.A.R. Chicago User Group C-Editor + Games Cables - How to make cable connections for T.I. / Geneve CONNI D.O.M 0691 Latin Tutor Editor/Assembler & Loader A few disks labelled "Education" that have volumes like "EDUC/XB01" A few disks for use with Adventure module (by the looks of it) NEWDISK Free 37 (looks like some kind of games) MUSIC/UT1 Free 273 (music utilities) Lucy Langs Legal Lottery Licker York Area 99er's group The Wit series from York area FFFFFFFF from York Area A bunch of music disks (for, or made by, Music Maker - Don't know as I've never used MM. One just labelled Woodstock) Mini-memory Hoosier User Group 7 labelled GK modules (utilities and a few game modules, but mainly the education modules)
  20. PinHead Nice game "and some of the best music ever" - music so good you can turn it off with S or something but then the game is a bit hollow Practice moving L/R into the balloon and then kicking it back up and please "Don't Kick the Bucket" as you are all needed here https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=2600 atarimania has COM file and instructions plus a nice write up on the game fandal has XEX atarionline.pl has XEX and ATRs Round closes 10am Sunday 5th May - we can wrap it up sooner if we have all had enough after a week or so HAVE FUN!
  21. Got it Thanks for this cool album - maybe you will return to Jaguar someday
  22. After watching the video, I have to say that you have something good on your hands. Maybe you could consider making a series of videos on how to program the Super NES?
  1. Load more activity