All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Ok, Just tried with Spectrum's "security suite" (provided by f_secure), and it didn't like something about cartpack.dll. My Windows defender, however, isn't letting out a peep. Interestingly, I'm using JAWS, which is probably the most famous commercial screen reader (for the blind/visually impaired). This so-called "security suite" says something relating to JAWS is also harmful. Now, JAWS is routinely used/downloaded by many thousands of computer users who have a need for it. I am VERY certain they have crossed all the T'sand dotted all the I's as far as application signing are concerned, and, they are still getting a false possitive from F_Secure. However, if JAWS were harmful to computer users, there'd be an uproar in the AT community. So, I don't trust absolutely everything coming from my virus scanner. Now, off to Freedom Scientific to see about the false possitive with one of their programs. Cheers!
  3. Here's some prices from the 1983 Sears Christmas Catalog http://www.wishbookweb.com/FB/1983_Sears_Wishbook/files/assets/common/page-substrates/page0599.jpg And some discounted games since this was the first year of the Crash http://www.wishbookweb.com/FB/1983_Sears_Wishbook/files/assets/common/page-substrates/page0600.jpg http://www.wishbookweb.com/FB/1983_Sears_Wishbook/files/assets/common/page-substrates/page0601.jpg
  4. Good to know. You would like the 2600 version. It's very basic of course but still fun. There are 6 game modes. I've always just played the default mode. It's nice when consoles have their own bowling games. Some are better than others. When I play bowling games, usually it's for the single player only. As for golf, I'm not as good at it compared to bowling. But I still enjoy it. I don't play many golf games. Speaking of golf though, there is Ninja Golf. How about Ninja Bowling? Lol.
  5. No, the LED should be off Use the hole that is labeled 5V, show photo
  6. I think it's good. The side view is odd. But it doesn't bother me that much. You get used to it. There probably wasn't a way to make it look vertical due to programming or design. That homebrew Strike Zone Bowling has the vertical view which is nice. I really hope that game gets a physical cart.
  7. That could be cool, mostly from the standpoint of allowing custom GUI pages for other core libraries for example, instead of shoe-horning them all under the same Atari-Arcade page that allows for displaying 3/4 image files prior to launching the game, although I never got the PCUAE stuff to work properly with my USA firmware version of TheC64. I found it too problematic to deal with in the end. I ended up just using folder navigation to launch games with. But I have been able to get C64 games to work with the GSP through retroarch-vice-libretro. A lot of the built-in PCUAE C64 settings defaulted to PAL, although I think they still played fine with my computer monitors. I believe the first GSP thread for Atariage was established here.
  8. I'm 57, and I managed to figure it out... Hell, I thought it was actually pretty easy.
  9. This is sadly a case of you get what you pay for. Cheaper sticks use cheaper parts, which mean sticky buttons and sticks with too much travel. In my experience, a good d-pad is far more accurate than any stick you can find for <$100. I wouldn't know how much you need to spend to get quality, as I got annoyed with throwing money away and didn't want to start spending more than that just to find out. If you are serious about getting a good quality stick and are willing to spend some money on it, you should read up at shmups forum for recommendations. These are people that play extremely difficult games at a professional level, and it's basically split between people happy to pay $200+ for a good stick, people who have made their own sticks from arcade quality parts, and people playing on d-pads. I would definitely NOT trust Amazon reviews or even "professional" reviewers for any specialized product whatsoever, because people tend to be happy with stuff as long as it's not completely broken (look at all the praise, amateur and professional, for the various 8bitdo controllers with completely worthless dpads to see what I mean).
  10. I was wondering what Rockchip SoC it uses maybe a rk31328. Has anyone taken there's a part yet to see what it PCB looks like inside it, is there a teardown video at all...?
  11. There was some news posted here earlier this year, but it seemed to be an investment not an IP acquisition
  12. FIGURED IT OUT! It's a bad BASIC ROM! Time to find a replacement ...
  13. @ZeroPage Homebrew regarding Grawitacja 2024 games - there is a new version of "Run, Fox, Run" on the official site https://grawitacja.eu/halloffame with small updates (like "game over" added) - but it's still work in progress.
  14. One quite nice thing about this game, actually, is that it's very generous with letting you run from battles. Also, if you talk to a demon you already have on your team, it will just walk away (sometimes even giving you stuff first), so if you want to 100% avoid certain annoying enemies, just add them to your team and you'll never have to fight them again. It's a pretty interesting system.
  15. You keep yacking and only making yourself look dumber and dumber. Why not just STFU at this point considering no one is even asking you for your thoughts, opinions or anything actually. And then you say people are trolling you and you respond when people mention you!! Doesn't seem anyone is mentioning you and yet you keep spouting the same garbage over and over and over again!!
  16. Here's gameplay only of a game I thought would be perfect on the VCS: 80s Overdrive. Throwback arcade racing on a stock 8GB VCS in ChimeraOS.

17. The PlayStation 2 has a very large selection of classic game compilations (ranging from the Genesis to the Intellivision, and several arcade compilations). There is also a good amount of RPGs. The NES has a just massive selection across all genres. I own several "Famiclones" with games not otherwise released in North America. Personally, I am not a fan of handhelds so I have no recommendations.
  18. So, about my my Quartus synthesis errors, I looked a bit more into this and tried some things. The initial problem is this: Error (12006): Node instance "\adc_on:lvds_tx0" instantiates undefined entity "lvds_tx". Ensure that required library paths are specified correctly, define the specified entity, or change the instantiation. If this entity represents Intel FPGA or third-party IP, generate the synthesis files for the IP. File: /home/woj/repos/atari_800xl/atari_chips/pokeyv2/build_10M08_fullv4_stereo/pokeymax.vhd Line: 1986 Error (12006): Node instance "\adc_on:lvds_rx0" instantiates undefined entity "lvds_rx". Ensure that required library paths are specified correctly, define the specified entity, or change the instantiation. If this entity represents Intel FPGA or third-party IP, generate the synthesis files for the IP. File: /home/woj/repos/atari_800xl/atari_chips/pokeyv2/build_10M08_fullv4_stereo/pokeymax.vhd Line: 1993 I can see there are component definitions in pokeymax.vhd for lvds_tx and lvds_rx, but for whatever reason these are not acknowledged? The other thing I noticed is this message from the build script: cp: cannot stat 'lvds*': No such file or directory and also: cp: cannot stat 'iox_gluev4.vhdl': No such file or directory cp: cannot stat 'pokeymaxv4.vhd': No such file or directory but I think it might be the first one that is causing the trouble. In any case, what does work, is to set "enable_adc" to 0 in the 10M08_fullv4_stereo section of the build script, and then I do get a full set of output files for V4 (how correct or usable these are - I have no idea). As I said earlier, the amount of "can't find stuff" messages during building does not raise confidence in the build process correctness. This is where I ended up, in the meantime I googled for several things trying to learn a bit more about all this, the only thing I got out of this is that the FPGA/Intel guys "out there" (so not you guys here ;)) exhibit a certain kind of attitude... 😕
  19. I can not find a category for AGSP on here, maybe it should have one, or I am blind.... there is one for the Atari2600 Plus and THE400 Mini.
  20. karri

The Paddles

The new paddles produced for the 2600+ work just like the old paddles on a PAL 7800 console.
  21. Best bet probably is the discord I think it was setup by the site so they'd be there or could reach someone with that answer.
  22. I actually kind of like the idea of that, except if you really are wanting to stop or get to a specific point if you keep stumbling into another and another on the same background tile. It seems like a novel idea that would be fairly fun to help as you said, speed up leveling up and the rewards around it that franchise is known for. It's nice you have the time to do this, even if I weren't working the extra I still in a way just have too many games/systems so it's hard to focus on anything for too long, let alone finish. I need to make time for gaming, anime I find too, and other stuff so it gets tricky. Maybe had i been smarter and just not got back into Sega (gen, gg) I'd have more time, less distraction.
  23. Atari Bowling isn’t great. The perspective is top-down, but turned sideways for some reason. I don’t get the logic behind that; every other bowling game is vertical - you know like you’d see when you bowl in real life? I guess it makes the lane longer, but 🤷‍♂️ I can’t imagine it’s very pricey though!
  1. Load more activity