All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'm having trouble just getting past the title, if I can be honest. Parker Bor(e)s would be a good way to describe many of their 2600 games. Even Tutankham, which I was okay with when I played it as a kid, does not hold up under the weight of time, or its arcade counterpart, or even the recent 2600 port of the game that looks nearly arcade perfect by comparison.
  3. I played a full game of 301 and figured out the controls halfway through. I couldn't get a screenshot of the score in time, but it took me 11 rounds. \ And I have no idea what's going on with BINGO, but hey, I started it up...
  4. Hi! I have been working on a colecovision for a few months now and I still haven't found the problems... At first I bought it from a smokers house (so I do a big cleaning of everything since it was sticky and dirty)...A memory chip was burned so I replaced it. Then.. the graphics are ok... I add a composite mod using the LM-318 chip and the image is perfect...but.... After 2-5 minutes, the colors change then the device freezes randomly... either with the RF box or with the RCA output... same result... -I changed all the capacitors including the tantalum capacitor, -cleaned the power switch, -tested with another power supply from another colecovision which works perfectly, -reflow all the connector pins of the RF box (more than one time hahaha). but I've always the same result, when I turn on, everything is perfect but after few minutes, the colors changes and few minutes later, I'm unable to start a game, it's freeze with a buzzing sound (the video attached)... voltage is the same throught all the tests and I've got the same result with the 2 others power supply I've got for my others colecovision... I don't know what I could do next for fixing my issues.... that's why I'm posting my problem here What can be my problem? since it's was a smokers house, can something else than the memory chip suffer and burned? Another clue, when the colors go out, the Atari modules still display the correct colors but when the unit freezes (like the video attached), the Atari also stops ... all hypotheses are welcome if they can guide me towards the solution... Thanks!! 20240424_193739.mp4
  5. @tripletopper Is your PSKai already on a flash cart? As far as burning discs, you want something like ImgBurn to burn the cue file.
  6. Ok, makes my prototype look like a toy! Unfortunately mine only works with this system.😬
  7. 2600 Space Invaders VR: https://videogamecritic.com/2600snr.htm?e=64337#rev5897
  8. Back when I wanted a Sega Saturn during school, I later worked enough to afford not just the localized black Model 1 system but also a copy of Nights into Dreams and a 3D Control Pad to play it properly. I had bought all three of them on Amazon and fell in love but stressed out over figuring out how to play the game before I got a Night Over. Eventually, I mastered the game, defeated the evil Wizeman...and didn't get to see the closing cinematic for both Claris and Elliot likely because either the disc was worn or the Saturn wasn't reading, so I viewed the cinematics on YouTube and can happily confirm that I actually beat a Sega video game that I enjoy. Tried to use memory cartridges too but the Saturn was being picky with each of the two I've owned: the third-party model survived while the first-party model deteriorated and broke because I fooled with it learning how to properly use a memory cartridge on a Saturn...but the other one reads just fine if I adjust it. Maybe the other user was right about the games being so pricey that you only can afford a few games per system...but I wanted a Saturn because I like Sega and was able to afford it at the time, and I still play Nights and Virtua Fighter 1 and 2 as if I bought those games along with the system back in the late 90s. Anybody who likes Nights into Dreams or Virtua Fighter can look at the fansites too: http://www.nightsintodreams.com/ https://virtuafighter.com/ And then there's Sega Saturn, Shiro too that I discovered while using WordPress: https://www.segasaturnshiro.com/ Yeah, I am a huge Sega nut usually because I wanted to play something old yet new to me. Then I bought an Atari 2600: who knows what might happen next as I collect more video game stuff...or if I get an NES for that matter.
  9. So I removed all the mods today and the unit worked but was a bit flakey and would bomb if the 68000 was tapped. I removed the 68000 and found 4 pin which were broken and not the full length meaning their contact with the socket was not great. I built new pins from headers, re-installed the 68000 and the unit is rock solid now. Thanks for all the input.
  10. Yes, that's exactly what happened! Okay, I get it now. I didn't understand the rule that the ghost will appear on the same side that the eyes went to. Thank you!
  11. It seems to be the larger ones that run into a problem. The smaller elf test files work ok. I shared my WIP folder with you. There are 3 files ranging from 46KB to 86KB in it that all return "ROM Download Failed" I tried the WIFI update a few times and each time it reports software download failed.
  12. you could host every file made for every atari platform, and atari age is the ultimate discussion forum… why would anyone else want to run an atari site?
  13. Hi guys, Back with NeoGeoNow on more on what he has to say. Enjoy. Anthony..
  14. anything related to atari running on “wildcat” platform of any type is just dreadful.. what an absolutely terribly bbs software that was.. i used to cringe when i would logon and see it, quick bbs, the oriignal fido bbs, rbbs, or any unmodded pcboard… bleh..
  15. Excellent Shane. You're going to love Viewpoint. Well worth the money to purchase one for sure. Anthony..
  16. Seeing this topic made me remember those heady “bit wars” days. And, man, Dougal22… was today the day you just finally had it with the Jaguar? Did you get hit with a Trevor McFur cart this morning? Did someone yell “where did YOU learn to drive?” and you slipped into “Do The Math” flashbacks?
  17. Atari announces revival of Infogrames brand for non-Atari IP from acquistions and buys Totally Reliable Delivery Service, a 2021 ragdoll physics game, from tinyBuild. https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/atari-relaunches-infogrames-immediately-buys-totally-reliable-delivery-service Atari announced a strategic investment in tinyBuild back in December, which notable focuses on tinyBuild's original IP development. https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2023/12/21/2799784/0/en/Atari-announces-investment-in-tinyBuild.html ...and so it has come
  18. Yesterday
  19. Thanks so much for confirming the game is completed. 🙂 I always assume a game isn't finished unless the developer states otherwise. I'll update the listing! - James
  20. The ghost should be visible at all times on the screen, either chasing you, as a scared ghost or as eaten eyes, and shouldn't appear out of nowhere. Based on your screen shot I can only guess you ate a power pellet, ate the ghost, the ghost went to the right hand side to regenerate and as you approached the right hand side it regenerated and killed you. The ghost always heads to the far side from where it was eaten, giving Pac-Man the maximum amount of time to get away. It's generally not a good idea to head towards the eyes without a power pellet nearby as the ghost will be back to full power again as soon as it hits the end of the maze. If that's not what happened, let me know exactly what happened so I can investigate. If you're able to record a video of your gameplay, even better. - James
  21. Meooow 2 - 17540 My only complaint about this one is the cat should be orange...and hate Mondays.
  22. I would say so, if you are into thrillers. Hostel is freakish and has a huge cult following. It's a great thriller/horror. As for Untraceable, it kinda seems like a realllllly good long episode of a crime show. It's good. Definitely not a bad movie.
  23. If it is the problem, in addition to considerations about how Windows writes to volumes vs. macOS, (e.g. whether copy-on-write was default) it would also be affected by a) how many files were on the card and b) what order they were written in and c) if/when a second .ini file was first written to the card (i.e. how any files were present then).
  24. This game is cute! And somehow it seems to be smoother - can't put my finger on why exactly. Cheap Death? - a ghost suddenly appears on the same side you were on Mr. James @ZeroPage Homebrew, Apologies if this question was asked before. Do you think that sometimes the gameplay leads to "cheap deaths" where a ghost suddenly appears on the same side that your Pac-Man is on? (Or is this hazard intentional and I just need to adapt my gameplay accordingly?) Sometimes in Jawbreaker for Atari 2600, I would experience similar deaths (that I thought IMO were cheap) where smiley faces would enter the maze from the same side as my jaws and honestly I thought it was not fair and a flaw in the game design. What do you think about it in the case of Pac-Line? But regardless, I like your game very much so far and am happy to see that it is progressing!
  25. 89 Colours - DubaAtNight Stephen_DubaiAtNight.xex
  26. https://madteam.atari8.info/index.php?prod=vbxe
  27. After deeply contemplating this topic's question for several minutes, reflecting on it and researching, my answer is thus: In all "seriousness" though..........they knew it would be fun as carts got separated from box's and documentation that it would be a fun surprise figuring out which system each game was for! 🙃
  1. Load more activity