All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I have VBXL installed in an 800XL NTSC machine with a PAL GTIA installed. Works great!
  3. @Atariboy You usually know where things are. Do you know where the different pieces of MicroProse ended up.
  4. There was a French guy listed as in charge, he has to work somewhere.
  5. From your review: "I appreciated that it ended up actually being kind of hard to catch the ghosts in this version. Even with multiple strategies, I still miss a few here and there which adds to the replayability and challenge of what was such an impressive gaming sequence when the title released on the C64 all those years ago. " It looks like the "adaptive difficulty" feature (not included on the C64 original) is working as intended 🙂 The game should feel challenging to players of all skill levels... but not too much.
  6. I want to create a little utility for Windows to list, extract from, add to and delete the contents of LiteDOS SE-format .ATR files. I have the manual, and it explains the format of a native disk, but I need to know the format of a Atari disk image. For example: does it have a header? How are sectors organized?
  7. DATA >004A — Load Lower-Case Character Set (TI-99/4A only) Who says programmers aren't wild and crazy guys with a sense of humor?
  8. I did swap out LS154. It’s still not configuring. BTW It lights up the front LED on power up and hangs the whole system - (this is what I found allows the system to boot to E/A cartridge - power cycle the console three times, or turn the 4000B off then back on). Once it ‘looks’ for the RAM disk it pretty much needs to be turned off and then back on to try to negotiate with the PEB, otherwise the light (LED) remains on; am I overlooking something?
  9. These were never displayed on any computer, except if you POKE'ed directly on video screen, or you used CHR$(1) (not available in CVBasic because there exists VPOKE)
  10. Hm. Not the answer I was hoping to hear, but knowing that 0-31 is free for the user to access and change is useful information indeed. Aren't they ordinarily computer commands, like backspace and return and communications with other systems?
  11. Today
  12. Pin one of the U1, the 74LS154 ties into the pin 22 "CS" of the M1 memory location. Did you try changing the 154, as it may have a short. I don't have batteries on mine to check it with currently.
  13. Sadly, my VBXE is installed in a PAL machine. But this looks amazing and I'm glad to see it exists.
  14. So how to config that and where to get newer versions? And firmware is compatible?
  15. 100% true and I agree, but in truth, EVERYTHING today is designed to separate you from your dollar (not just the post lol). Now get off my lawn! 😁
  16. Judy looking on Ebay UK, trying to find the 4 x 44256 ram chips is proving difficult.
  17. I was looking at this thread because I was at a local flea market the other day, and there happens to be a stall there that sells retro games. I don't currently have a 2600+ (I use Batocera on a mini-PC), but this flea market stall had hundreds of loose 2600 cartridges, so I'm seriously thinking about picking up a 2600+ just so I can grab a bunch of those cartridges and see if I can find any hidden gems. I'm going back to the flea market this weekend so I can take a better look at what they have. They were stacked up in crates so I could only see the top layer.
  18. This game was made by @newcoleco maybe you should chime to ask for help.
  19. Not to mention the elephant in the room: the JagGD already exists, and it doesn't require owning a JagCD in the first place. Sure, it doesn't work reliably for everyone (at least, not yet), but the real JagCDs don't either.
  20. Right, so it wouldn't even require a real ST Mouse for emulation; it could just emulate it by plugging in a modern USB PC mouse, as all (or certainly most) emulators can.
  1. Load more activity