All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Pin one of the U1, the 74LS154 ties into the pin 22 "CS" of the M1 memory location. Did you try changing the 154, as it may have a short. I don't have batteries on mine to check it with currently.
  3. Sadly, my VBXE is installed in a PAL machine. But this looks amazing and I'm glad to see it exists.
  4. So how to config that and where to get newer versions? And firmware is compatible?
  5. 100% true and I agree, but in truth, EVERYTHING today is designed to separate you from your dollar (not just the post lol). Now get off my lawn! 😁
  6. Judy looking on Ebay UK, trying to find the 4 x 44256 ram chips is proving difficult.
  7. I was looking at this thread because I was at a local flea market the other day, and there happens to be a stall there that sells retro games. I don't currently have a 2600+ (I use Batocera on a mini-PC), but this flea market stall had hundreds of loose 2600 cartridges, so I'm seriously thinking about picking up a 2600+ just so I can grab a bunch of those cartridges and see if I can find any hidden gems. I'm going back to the flea market this weekend so I can take a better look at what they have. They were stacked up in crates so I could only see the top layer.
  8. This game was made by @newcoleco maybe you should chime to ask for help.
  9. Not to mention the elephant in the room: the JagGD already exists, and it doesn't require owning a JagCD in the first place. Sure, it doesn't work reliably for everyone (at least, not yet), but the real JagCDs don't either.
  10. Right, so it wouldn't even require a real ST Mouse for emulation; it could just emulate it by plugging in a modern USB PC mouse, as all (or certainly most) emulators can.
  11. This *really* bugs me. Even with display height set to 212 and vertical offset set to 14, it still isn't enough. You can clearly see this when using certain utilities or 16MB hard disk images. The text at the top of the screen gets cut off.
  12. I just played it for the first time when I saw your post. That game is pretty awesome. Really impressive.
  13. I can't find it at the moment, but I have the DOS version somewhere, and I'm almost certain that the CD case is the one shown in the upper picture. It also includes the same CD audio tracks that were featured on the Tempest 2000 soundtrack CD. I don't remember if the Windows version is on the CD as well. No idea on what's on the CD in the bottom picture.
  14. Today
  15. Yeah still occasionally having a stab at this one, time has been short. You’re right @TheCurlyBard about the ship maneuvering, not sure this game is doing my controller any favours and yeah, also get quite a few rogue movements, but I’m sticking with it so I can at least claim full original hardware attempt 😛 Current best is a slight improvement. I believe my controller movements were >\>>/>\#%*!?!!! 89 950
  16. Man they have some of the best testers for Amico! Not only was the AI not complete in Cornhole, but you can't even play all the game! I think this also confirms this is an Alvarado family draining the swamp endeavor. ONLY THE BEST OF TESTERS! AND TOTALLY ON THE LAUNCHPAD! I bet Sharon's horse caught more bugs than they did! 🤣
  17. LIVE every Tuesday & Friday Your BEST source for the NEWEST Atari games, LIVE on Twitch! Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, 8-Bit, Lynx & Jaguar! SUBSCRIBE & WATCH: Twitch Livestream | YouTube Archive UPCOMING LIVESTREAMS on TWITCH (Click Time Listing for Your Local Time) 20240430 Let's Play: Microvaders (Exclusive Update | Lynx) plus LIVE Video Interview with Carl Forhan @Songbird | LIVE @ 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day Hope you can all join the live party one week from today! Looking forward to questions and feedback from @ZeroPage Homebrew and everyone who joins the stream too.
  18. Found how to reinitialize on HSC manual: Clearing Scores & Changing Personalized Name: If for some reason you wanted to wipe out the High Scores for a particular game or for all High Scores or if you wanted to change the Personalized Name of your cartridge you can enter the Maintenance Mode of the cartridge. 1. Insert a game that works with the High Score Cartridge such as Asteroids on top of the High Score Cartridge. 2. Wait 24 seconds for the High Score Screen to appear. 3. Press and hold the PAUSE button and press the Select Button. 4. You are now in the Maintenance Mode screen. Select what you would like to clear and press the FIRE button. Once complete move the Joystick to DO Nothing and press FIRE and select YES and you will EXIT the Maintenance Screen.
  19. OK, did you check the on-screen display and there the menu selection "Input settings" / "Input assignments (this system)"? There you should look at the settings for the "twin joystick", close to the end of the list.
  20. Out with the old one and in with the new one. Ten years my ass May 19th 2025 it should have lasted until, oh well now how long before the second one dies in the condo I wonder, I can't see the expiration date on it without removing it. This new one I wrote it in black marker on the outside and gave it 7 years so 2031 will be time to swap it out again. At least I don't have to listen to the 3 beeps every 30 seconds like last night and all day yesterday, started chirping at 6am. Crazy.
  21. It's just seen through the normal joystick registers as gray code. Any drivers written for it need to therefore be written in machine language in order to keep up with movement, to any practical usage. You can write a routine in BASIC (or even TBXL, etc.) to see how it works, and then move the mouse faster to see how it doesn't work.
  22. I had similar issues with my Toshiba 32 flat screen even tho it accepts yellow, white, red rca directly l, I bought a cheap RCA to HDMI converter and used the HDMI port on the TV and it was much better. Shame as the whole reason I bought that TV to began with as it still had RCA connections on it which is rare these days.
  23. Thanks for the testing and feedback on real hardware.
  24. I didn't have Missile Command back in the day. So, it was a good find (among so many others) when I returned to the hobby. I've also had a few CX80's (and ST Mice) for playing it. I have quite a few hacks (often unfinished) strewn all over this forum (and a few for the 2600), which basically target various graphic weaknesses of the originals. For instance, this fix of Parker Brothers' Q*bert for the 8-bit computers, in which the original has this mixed-up thing going on with his feet and legs. It just seems like someone was in a hurry creating the graphics for it. I like playing Q*bert a lot; so, it was partly a sanity hack, to allow me to play without seeing the stupidity every time. After I hacked his legs, I continued on with various other graphic shortcomings in the game. Here's the thread. There are quite a few versions posted along the way; so, you'll need to go towards the end to find the most-recent one. Q-Bert - Fixed Feet/legs I should probably consolidate links and/or files for all my hacks into one thread. Never heard of that one. I've used Atari-native tools for hacking in recent years, but I mostly use PC-based tools for everything at this point.
  1. Load more activity