All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That's the way I use my record player! Maybe the next accessory should be a Jag Vinyl VLM!!! Where's Minter? Get him on that one! On that thought, I'd really enjoy having the option to purchase the T2K Soundtrack on vinyl in a collectors edition with special vinyl coloring of some type.
  3. I generally just use the HDSC tool that comes with SpartaDOS X (on its toolkit disk). I'm sure others will be able to recommend menu-driven floppy duplicators.
  4. I think Karate Champ would be great with 2 controllers used at the same time. One stick for each disc. This is not meant as a plug for Caleb’s coupler, but I can see that accessory working well.
  5. Looking at the spec for the linked item, the frequency does not seem correct. The Atari XL spec is 3.57945 MHz
  6. My first impressions regarding PAL/NTSC as an European user. The sound is good! I am very happy that it is not as bad as the cheap unix devices that have to use an older version of the Libretro core 800 (but we still don't know which emulator the 400 mini is using). I have set up mine in 50hz (PAL mode) and all of the included games work fine and display the correct screen size when an European built-in game is selected (for example Henry's House and Elektra Glide). Sadly this is not the case when you load PAL-games from USB. The speed is correct and the emulation is in PAL (Inside by Spektra does not crash and Draconus has no flickering) but the screen is misses some of the extra lines many PAL games are using. There is a kind of work around for this, by setting the Display Height to maximum and the Vertical Offset to minimum in the Game Settings menu, but even then some of the lines are still missing. I have noticed some input lag, but the lag was much less when I changed my TV to game mode. I am not really a fan of the included joystick. Maybe it is just my copy, but when playing (Bruce) Lee the controls are so much tighter than I am used to when playing this game on real hardware and a vintage joystick. Especially when I push the joystick right it often detects that the joystick is pushed down, when it really is not. As others already mentioned, it is also very easy to accidentally press the ring buttons. I will solve these problems by making a modification so normal 9 pin joysticks can be used. As for wireless keyboards and controllers, every one that comes with its own USB dongle will probably work fine. My wireless USB keyboard and cheap controllers (with their own dongles) work perfectly. But all in all a very nice toy to play with 😃
  7. Unfortunately SAMS cannot map into in the DSR space, >4000 - >5FFF - only into the normal expansion RAM areas. And pages are switched not using CRU but by writing to registers mapped into >4000 - >401f.
  8. You've got quite the collection @RockLobster. This does bring a question to mind though. What is everyone using to connect all these AV devices to their TV? I haven't looked too hard but is there a really good AV switch product out there that people are using to have all these consoles connected and not have to move cables around every time you switch systems?
  9. Never used them before but I am aware DVI and HDMI have some similarities, but you lose audio.
  10. Here's a video: https://invidio.us/watch?v=hAWxhRgXDKY&list=PLTYsLUSfI7z7xS0_WGWVsU2ifFZ3Vuj_5&index=2 Seeing it in motion tells a whole different story than those stills. If you just wanted the game play, something could be done similar to how Blue Lightning was done. Maybe some voxel terrain could be used instead of polygons and then do sprite scaling for the objects. The player's plane could be pre-rendered.
  11. Yeah I don’t know how the Cuttle Cart deals with things like bankswitching which are critical for this game. But good to know a straight conversion seems to work on the Backbit.
  12. I played a bit more last night, and I like Thunder Blade. One problem is that it is very hard to fire consistently - especially on the "3d" stages. Press button = sometimes fires. What is this group's opinion about turbo or auto-fire? Because it is like a completely different game when using it. Here's another score when NOT using auto-fire 692,000:
  13. I always feel bad for homebrew developers whom put forth all the effort, yet due to time + scarcity end up with the least amount of profit from their work. That is NOT a knock against anyone selling their stuff for what people are willing to pay for it down the road, please don't read it as being so. It just kinda sucks for the developer.
  14. Seems like a gateway drug too bc with those Atari ST ports to the Jaguar, now I'm interested in getting an Atari ST where I was previously turned off with the lackluster GEM environment preferring everything Amiga. Good eye. it's a continuing collection fighting for shelf/desk space! RACKRF ---------- ColecoVision = RF -> RF1 Intellivision2 = RF -> RF1 Atari 400 = RF -> RF1 Odyssey 2 = RF -> RF1 Atari 5200 = RF -> RF1 NES = Composite -> 1702-A RACK1 ---------- Atari 2600 = S-Video -> GSTOP1 Atari 130XE = S-Video -> GSTOP1 Composite -> PVM -> MONOCRT PS1 = RGB -> SCART1 PS2-A = Component -> RCA1 PS2-B = RGB -> SCART1 Wii = Component -> RCA2 Xbox1 = Component -> RCA2 MiSTer = RGB -> VGA1 Component -> VGA1 VGA -> VGA1 HD -> Avermedia GameCube = Component -> RCA1 (via Retro-Prism) Pi4 RGBPiOS4 = RGB -> SCART1 (via RCA) MAMEPC1 = RGB -> SCART1 (via RCA) RACK2 ---------- Pi3 RGBPiOS2 = RGB -> SCART1 Atari 7800 = RGB -> SCART1 Nintendo 64 = RGB -> SCART1 Genesis = RGB -> SCART1 Master Sys = RGB -> SCART1 PC Engine = RGB -> SCART1 (via RCA) Vectrex = Vector -> itself RACKDESK ---------- SNES = RGB -> SCART2 Famicom = RGB -> SCART2 Dreamcast = RGB -> SCART2 (also S-Video for the few RGB incompatible games) Saturn = RGB -> SCART2 Xbox2 = HD -> 4K1 Jaguar = S-Video -> CURV OFFLINE ---------- Systems that are disconnected by power and AV Apple //e Apple //c Color Computer 2 TI 99/4A Atari XEGS Classic / Mini systems: Nintendo Classic Super Nintendo Classic Playstation Classic Sega Genesis Classic (Spares of above computers)
  15. That'd be awesome if you're right! I'd like arcade controllers or trackballs. For some reason when I thought about it, I was mostly imagining new colors of handheld and VS, but I do hope to be surprised. If it turns out to be new colors/design schemes for VS and handhelds, or possibly new bundles etc., those might get more people into it who were on the fence before...
  16. The Viewpoint 2064 OST:

I'd wish Sega would re-release Sammy's '80s and '90s library that doesn't involve Guilty Gear. Oh, and this is for @Charlie Cat and @Tanooki.

1. GoldLeader

GoldLeader

Hmmmm...Did not know of this...

17. DVI video is basically HDMI video (HDMI just has more features that we do not need) DVI + audio is DVI with HDMI compatible data islands (how HDMI transmits audio) Often done via an HDMI socket.
  18. I see you also have a couple of other lovely consoles to the left. Hello Dreamcast and Saturn! Glad you got it working too!!
  19. Speaking of Wonder Project J2, whatever happened to Givro/Almanic, the original developers?
  20. Best community building accessory there is for the Jag. Now that you can play and test home brew on it when releases are made it really keeps the community active with developers.
  21. Great unboxing video,thanks for that! I was on the fence on opening my Berzerk because my mini arcade is already full,but I just saw Berzerk has an Hdmi option which not all NWT machines do. So,I've gotta open mine up and play it on my big screen. 👍😃 I fortunately caught the original kickstarter for Tempest so I have all the NWT machines. Yesterday I just preordered my first Numskull quarter arcade because Zookeeper is a personal favorite of mine,and I believe next year they are releasing Lunar Lander also. Very excited for that also!
  22. What sector copier do you recommend? I have a modified 1050 with a speed loader (it's not Happy, it's the other really popular one that I honestly can't recall the name of at the moment). I assume that will work just fine. If not I may have an unmodified 810 around here somewhere.
  23. Errm, you know that there are plug-only adapters from DVI to HDMI?
  1. Load more activity