All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Finishing touchup to my bare office walls, by adding today a colorful 99/4 marketing poster. "The Texas Instruments Home Computer gives you a tutor, an accountant, a librarian, a file clerk and a pro football team in your own home." What artworks should I add next to my office?
  3. [ Intellivision HSC Season 19 ] [ Game 12 ] Happy Trails Happy Trails by Activision 1982 Dag nab it! That mangy critter Black Bart's robbed the stagecoach from Culver City and all heck's broke loose. ROM Download Link https://archive.org/details/MattelIntellivision2014ReferenceSet-CompleteTosecRomCollection (Click on zip)(Then scroll down for Happy Trails.zip Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Happy Trails http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm High Score Club Record 181,406 gezkc - SET NEW RECORD +3 Game Setting GAME 1 (STANDARD MAZE) Game Scoring - +13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive. Join the "Activision Trailblazers" Score up to 40,000 and earn Activision Patch points [+2] "HAPPY TRAILING" Earn 20,000 and receive one point [+1] Contest Ends SUNDAY MAY 5TH 11:59:59PM EASTERN TIME (FINAL SCORES) Overall Rankings After Pole Position Games Won Sneak Preview: Bump 'N' Jump
  4. Possible IO conflict? Modem and speech synth would likely have used memory-mapped IO, likely on D6 or D7 pages. Though if done as PBI mapped devices maybe not. Some people have built 1400XLs though unknown if they're fully equipped.
  5. You would think that marketing team and their video guy would have looked over their stuff first. It was promoting their product. It really is just another testament to how poorly it was ran. It's like they needed to have more beer parties at the office. That might have fixed the issue.
  6. You can have it, Dopy. Shane doesn’t want it and Anthony already has an original copy. As long as you own a single-speed unit, the game will work fine. Free of charge, of course. if you can provide your shipping details via p.m. tonight, I’ll mail it out tomorrow.
  7. *UPDATE* Current Release: 3.0b8 Below please find links to download the latest beta release, for Windows, MacOS, and Linux platforms. Windows Installer (EXE) x64 Package (ZIP) ARM64 Package (ZIP) MacOS DMG Image (requires MacOS X 10.15/Catalina or later) Linux x64 Binary (TGZ, requires SDL2)
  8. On a related note, can you check for tiles near or colliding with a sprite? I presume VPEEK would be the way to go for this.
  9. Fair enough. One could imagine: looks much better and plays equally well, better and/or with much more to do/get-to-grips with. I don’t won’t to go ‘cheap’ on anything - I totally get your high gameplay-priority, but as one who really wanted to be(come) a graphics-artist back when I was 13-16, I think it’s extremely unrealistic to think that most people feel like ‘visuals don’t matter that much, if gameplay is pure genius’. It’s a reason it’s called video-gaming. People are people; they like that what they play also look nice. And in many cases the game would break down or become a button-pushing sports, if you didn’t have graphics to present the game-world or game-concept. Sometimes I think of you as a ‘purist’ (in a positive, descriptive sense of the word, which is also why I asked you), but I for my part do think that quite some changes couid be added without changing the core of the gameplay entirely. (I may be wrong of course). We write 2024 now, and screens can be ridiculously large and have 8K resolution - giving room for quite a lot of things to be placed within the games’ play-field. You mentioned ‘Pong’ as a predecessor, and I guess many would think along the lines of Breakout or a Breakout VS-type game. I would believe that, given that the gameplay-‘core’, ie castles built of bricks/parts that are destroyed by somecbouncing projectile, is there, you could add lots of variation in every area of the gameplay without changing that core. As long as you have 1) movable shields, 2) castles of ‘breakout’-bricks and 3) at least one bouncing projectile, you still have Warlords, and add as many other things as you wish: number of castles, types of shields (size, shape, speed and other properties/traits), castle-materials (here humorous easter-eggs like ‘rubber castle for 30 seconds’ could come in). Dragons could be different from level to level, starting with a little, lizardy dragon spitting only a lousy pebble all the way to some 6-headed winged Hydra firing off 6 fireballs, 3 of which have semi-glue-like substance which you’d better leave to your enemies, because they may stick to the shield and incinerate it if you don’t shake it off quickly (by meddling thine owne’ paddle in ways most vile to wrists thus mistreat’d, yet as victorious in bravery as ‘tis foolish in action severe) All those factors would impact the gameplay, and then someone could feel its been changed too much. But what is too much or way too little? A completely new game without any change at all? If one really feels that some of these Arcades are too iconic to get any change, then one is left with getting the original and enjoy it. If one feels it can be changed, but more subtly so, a description is needed, - or put it more precisely: the more detailed or elaborate the descriptions of whats wanted and whats to avoid, the better. I’m of the opinion that many or all of Ataris biggest classics needs to get full official sequels which both are 1) faithful to the original game-world and setting and ‘spirit’, 2) gets so much difference as Super Mario Bros contra Mario Bros, or Street Fighter 2 contra Street Fighter 1 (ok, I know SF1 remained obscure, but the difference in content must be that much, that big). For my own part I think these old classics have a unique ‘universal appeal’ that should be kept, like chess and other old table games does, but also that they are ripe for adding more content that gives depth to gameplay tasks/mission objectives/ways of mastering or winning the game, but avoid getting some forgettable, non-universal gimmick-take only appealing to outward style. If its all style and no content, it’s better left alone. But if one improves upon the actual gameplay content, you can add visuals and sounds that will truly amplify the quality of gaming experience. But if its only designed to appeal to those between 15-25 as of 2024 (with sales forecasts until mid-2026 at most), its easy to lose a great title to the ever-increasing pile of fads, forgettables and mediocre outlets, even easy to make it something that’ll look really, really akward in a short time. When that is said, - I think we just need to accept that modern gamers don’t want games where they ‘shoot pixels with other pixels’. The hardware just have gotten way beyond that, and very few people would want a chess-board of plastic with chess-pieces of wooden squares, all the same size and shape, marked with single-letters to identify what they’re meant to be, when you rather could get a chess table of solid mahogny with exquisitely made pieces, each cut of material ‘matching’ the role in the hierarchy: oak-pawns, granite-cut rooks, marble bishops, Metal knights, Silver Queen, Gold King. They’d play exactly the same. With wood-block pieces you just need to look at the letter on-top: P, R, B, K, Q, K But which one would you honestly like to sit down and play over a cigar (or cold Cola), with some good music on the stereo in the background, for an evening, or weekend, with a friend or friends…? Ok, - some could say ‘I don’t care’. Fine, what would one think is the average take on this of every chess-player in the world…? How many would prefer the lettered wood-block-piece thing to the mahogny table with artistically made chess pieces of different matching materials ?
  10. HOMEBREW ALERT! 🎉  Guys, you'd better check this out, you're NOT GONNA BELEIVE THIS...

Ninja Kombat wip v03.1 DEMO

image.png.190720058b783840d6984a41bea3a574.png  image.png.f3776235e4d8083e344024c09a58a437.png  image.png.c136f9c27fc07b829902cad9f07f3d68.png  image.png.a8d9936165da9f6d183bdc04c6245bcd.png  image.png.6d72adfefbcf1772207da2f0bcde4294.png

11. Yesterday
  12. Added to Physical Release: SharkStorm (4K) by Jason Santuci @Gemintronic | Final Binary (20240413) | Declared Complete: Apr 13, 2017 | Physical Release: Apr 13, 2017 as Twist'R'Shark by NeoGames | NOTE: Game also known as Sharknado and Twist'R-Shark and had a previous physical release in 2017 and as a double ender in 2021 | Listing Updated: Apr 17, 2024 Added to WIP: Ninja Kombat (64K Port) by Shawn O'Brion @freshbrood | WIP Binary (20240417) | NOTE: Previous Thread | Updated: Apr 17, 2024
  13. Interesting 132.185.6.6 is the BBC WHOIS: inetnum: 132.185.0.0 - 132.185.255.255 netname: BBC descr: British Broadcasting Corporation descr: ******************************************************* descr: * This address space is used for BBC Staff members * descr: * accessing the internet. In case of any problems * descr: * with users of this address space (spam, attacks, * descr: * illegal activity, etc) please email abuse@bbc.co.uk * descr: ******************************************************* country: GB admin-c: BBC-RIPE tech-c: BBC-RIPE status: LEGACY mnt-by: BBC-MNT created: 1970-01-01T00:00:00Z last-modified: 2019-12-04T13:06:01Z source: RIPE
  14. Timing and possibly some magic damages are off and need to be tweaked. This is nowhere near complete. PLEASE DON'T MESSAGE ME WITH BUG UPDATES! - I know it's still very glitchy and buggy and I am aware of all of them! Please don't ask me why I programmed it this way instead of that way, etc.. It's the Atari 2600. Compromises had to be made and what you see is the best I know how to give you. I apologize for all the false alarms and taking so long to release this latest update. I got sidetracked with trying to survive and put this off for a while. There is a 4 count beat and then a melody ONLY at the character select screen. The volumes are completely off and player 2 glitches the timing. Pressing fire on joypad two will allow player 2 to enter after player 1 is selected. There is no cpu ai programmed yet. This engine is based on MK2. The good news is because this is mostly in BBasic when I do release it, it should essentially be the MAME of the Atari 2600 and easily customizable by non coders. I really want to squeeze it down to 32k if possible for compatibility on all cartridges and consoles, without needing to emulate, but that is to be determined. Before I forget special thanks to Karl G particularly with the scanline counts being controlled by .05% assembly plugs and for figuring out a routine to duplicate color tables for full pallete swaps that saved a ton of memory, and for Maggie Vogel for helping with the chiptunes and for Chris Spry for helping me to understand the sounds, and to Albert & co. for running such a cool page. (And to the many other homebrewers who have inspired.) I hope you enjoy! I love you my fellow Atarians! Ninja Kombat wip v03.1 DEMO.bas.bin
  15. I've gone again over this. Remapped the right analog stick as keypad numbers. This time I think I got right L3 and R3 as 0 and 5. coolcv_retroarch_mac_pi.zip
  16. Stay Puft - Earthquake With BB's hidden feature that makes the screen shake, the shakescreen, I wanted to give the sensation that when a creature as heavy as Stay Puft would cause when walking through the streets of a large metropolis, there would certainly be small earthquakes. In the original film we hear the heavy sound of his footsteps. For some reason I don't know when using this feature, it directly affects the game's music, changing it to something more terrifying. Well, I actually liked the end result. Stay_Puft_Earthquake.bas Stay_Puft_Earthquake.bas.bin
  17. Which games would benefit from an analog stick? The vast majority of the library comes from systems that had digital controls. They'll all play all the Evercade carts, even the Super Pocket will play Tomb Raider. The newer EXP-R will have a more efficient chip and they expect better battery life, though the battery is the same. More info here: https://evercade.co.uk/evercade-2024-faq
  18. The Yar's franchise went from a Panzer Dragoon clone to a Shadow Complex clone. How utterly weird.

1. Lauren Tyler

Lauren Tyler

Weird, perhaps, but it also looks quite interesting.

19. Have you connected to your router and are you then able to see the attached PI? That will give you the ip-address:port where it is located. If it is not displaying on the router, and if you are using WIFI, then you likely are not using proper credentials on your PI configuration.
  1. Load more activity